Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458787 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2011, 05:47:05 pm »

The entire BF2 and Bad Company collection is on sale. You can get Bad Company 2 for just $6.80. Having played over 140 hours of, it's worth it IMO. The Battlefield 2 series....only if you're feeling nostalgic for what came before BC2, because BF3 will pretty much put the last nail in the coffin.

Bad Company Vietnam....you can probably avoid it. There are hardly ever any servers up for it, and the majority of the player base still plays BC2 instead of it.

If you want probably the best middle of the road MP shooter on the market right now (definitely not the most realistic, but definitely not the least either), to play around with a while before BF3, it's a good buy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2011, 11:21:41 pm »

Picked up BC2 and vietnam for 15$ US

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2011, 11:25:59 pm »

On that note, it tells me enemies are supposed to not speak English, but they still are.

I think only Delta difficulty have them speak korean. At least in my game, they do speak korean.
What I hate about choppers is that they have perfect vision and shot you even if you are under some plants, while cloaked and still. I like playing ninja and that ruins it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2011, 11:35:11 pm »

I was much, much more prepared this time. Had a rocket launcher on me at all times. If you wait until they're near you before coming out of stealth, they don't have a prayer.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2011, 12:11:36 am »

On that note, it tells me enemies are supposed to not speak English, but they still are.

I think only Delta difficulty have them speak korean. At least in my game, they do speak korean.
What I hate about choppers is that they have perfect vision and shot you even if you are under some plants, while cloaked and still. I like playing ninja and that ruins it.

Oh gawd, I remember the choppers. My first run-through, on the level where half the map is a long river you have to traverse, I didn't know you could kill choppers with anything short of a rocket launcher, and I didn't have one. Cue me spending an hour (!) darting between bushes, letting my cloak recharge, and crossing my fingers that I wouldn't be spotted and insta-killed.  :o

And yes, Korean speech is only on Delta difficulty. One of the 'features' of Crysis was that difficulty levels did something other than just multiply enemy damage and health; the game removes a bunch of the 'crutches' when you reach higher difficulties. Enemies stop speaking accented English; weapon turrets require you to actually be in the turret to fire them; I believe you even stop automatically picking up ammo from weapons you pass over, though I might have that last one confused with Warhead.  ???

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2011, 06:58:15 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2011, 07:13:54 pm »

Mmmmm Tropico 3 and DLC for less than 6 dollars......Hhmmmmm.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2011, 07:18:41 pm »

Mmmmm Tropico 3 and DLC for less than 6 dollars......Hhmmmmm.

Totally worth it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:51 pm »

I'm digging the half price Disciples III myself.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »

Got Tropico 3 pack for two TF2 hats, I always wanted to try at being a Dictator :D
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2011, 04:16:31 am »

Got Tropico 3 pack for two TF2 hats, I always wanted to try at being a Dictator :D

Its a great little sandbox game. Although you have to try and remember to challenge yourself a little after you get the hang of the game, as its a lot easier than Tropico 1

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2011, 04:52:21 pm »

Thread Necro.

Recent sale today just hit me hard with nostalgia. Anyone remember the game Racing Destruction Set or Stunts? Apparently Trackmania looks like one hell of an updated version of that game, and I think everyone would have fun racing each other and designing crazy-ass courses to race or time trial on. I would look forward to see what kind of twisted tracks everyone would want to share.

Oh yeah, and I researched it, and apparently Steam fixed the whole Starforce issue.

I want this game.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:54:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2011, 05:00:08 pm »

Played a free version (Trackmania nations?) a few years back. It was nothing special. Cars couldn't interact, for instance.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2011, 05:15:43 pm »

I loved Trackmania, although I was disappointed that it was time-competition only. Still, the very extensive track construction makes up for it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2011, 05:33:26 pm »

Everything AI Fleet Command is 33% off. If you don't own any of them, you save a cool $10
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 1134