Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454219 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9855 on: November 12, 2014, 07:46:24 pm »

Sweet. Free Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. I'm down for that.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: November 12, 2014, 09:32:35 pm »

Mount and Blade is currently free on GOG's autumn sale.

Format seems similar to the summer sale; a couple bundles featured for the day, and a rolling list of individual games on deep discount.
Mein gott. You've also got Warband and its DLC for 10 bucks, and also every single D&D computer game I can name for 20.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: November 12, 2014, 09:35:57 pm »

Isn't Warband the superior or them all?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: November 12, 2014, 09:44:32 pm »

You can get the original game for free. You can get Warband + its DLC + With Fire and Sword (another standalone game) for a total sum of 10 bucks, it seems. These are expansions, so they generally have more features and they seem to be considered pretty solid upgrades (they've got lower scores than you might expect on reviews, but it seems to be a consequence of being relatively light on the graphics, which shouldn't really be a huge issue for people around these parts).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: November 12, 2014, 09:54:20 pm »

I seem to remember Fire and Sword being almost universally hated.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: November 12, 2014, 10:22:25 pm »

Eh, it's alright. It's all musket and pikes in a time period I know pretty much nothing about. Interesting if you like "Three Musketeers" period, early grenades, Winged Hussars and so on but it doesn't play any different from base "Mount and Blade"

Warband adds a number of improvements on the base game that make things easier. The one I remember at the moment is gunpowder weapons are handled differently so they don't have the functionality of a bow (holding the mouse button to draw back the string and gain more power).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: November 13, 2014, 03:33:14 am »

There are mods that exist only for the original M&B, never been ported to Warband. So it's potentially worth grabbing if you want to play any of those.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: November 13, 2014, 04:16:27 am »

There are mods that exist only for the original M&B, never been ported to Warband. So it's potentially worth grabbing if you want to play any of those.

Quite a lot of those, too. Including at least one that's still active (should've been updated for Halloween, but got a bit of featuritis), and another I think is.

And most of those are somewhat more unique than Warband's, too, feature-wise, as a large portion of unique code is released as an OSP for Warband mods, so soon everyone and their dog has that feature.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: November 13, 2014, 09:53:07 am »

Anyone else having trouble getting a second stamp for the free Witcher 2 event at GOG? I have the first one checked and I waited until the counter reset (it's back at 23 hours and somethin' now) but it still won't let me get my stamp...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: November 13, 2014, 09:56:00 am »

Anyone else having trouble getting a second stamp for the free Witcher 2 event at GOG? I have the first one checked and I waited until the counter reset (it's back at 23 hours and somethin' now) but it still won't let me get my stamp...

Yes. I don't have internet access for the next 10 hours so this is a tad annoying.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9865 on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:40 am »

Firearms and crafting were first introduced back in vanilla M&B.
To date, IMO, the crafting has yet to be replicated in depth or surpassed in variety.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:44 am »

Same here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: November 13, 2014, 10:01:43 am »

I had the exact same problem and sent them a message about it. Basically, they're working on fixing it but for now just log off and log back in. That'll reset the counter or whatever and you'll get your stamp.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: November 13, 2014, 10:03:18 am »

Chatter on the GOG forums suggests that logging out, then back in, then clicking the things should sort it out.

I'm slightly irritated that it made no clear sign that you actually had to click on the thing to get the "stamp"...  For me, I suppose it doesn't matter; I already have the game, and not really interested in the film.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: November 13, 2014, 10:07:35 am »

That fixed it for me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1134