Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453697 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9645 on: October 24, 2014, 03:14:22 pm »

Well, don't forget the dinosaur/ant hidden campaigns the original C&C and RA1 had.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: October 24, 2014, 03:15:08 pm »

Aye, I'd give a +1 to RA3. As noted, it's silly, but game qua game it's pretty solid. Diverse sides, strong (albeit hammy) aesthetics, fairly interesting niche units and whatnot. Is nice.

Also one of the few games out there you get an opportunity to electrocute those bastard dolphins. They leave a little skeleton that prompt sinks and everything, it's great~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9647 on: October 24, 2014, 03:49:35 pm »

Honestly I hadn't seen the box art, but gameplay-wise the whole Command and Conquer franchise went downhill for me in Tiberian Sun. It just felt too... gimmicky, and I was really mad that after giving the GDI walker tanks, a big air force, the railgun mammoth, blah blah blah... and then giving Nod... the same stuff as the first game, with longer-range artillery... it felt like they spent zero effort on the more interesting side because EVIL! EEEEVIL!

I lost interest in the whole thing after that, so if you're a fan of the old ones and haven't played newer, it could be an issue when considering a purchase.
All that talk about Red Alert and C&C and only ONE post about Tiberian Sun? And negative to boot? Come on people, you make me sad, saaaaaaad! ;____;

Ah well.

There's Deep Silver weekend over at Steam. Dead Island, Saints Row, Risen, that kind of stuff. There's also Sacred II for 5€. I have it but didn't install it yet, I've heard it's fun ARPG though, and I can confirm that the first game is quite good... But what's even more interesting is that Sacred 3 is on sale, 50%. It's relatively new, came out in August... A lot of negative reviews on Steam, but from what I can tell it's mainly because it's completely different from other two games.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: October 24, 2014, 04:28:39 pm »

I don't think anything about that game was supposed to be taken seriously. I urge you to watch the opening cinema. It's kinda funny.
The part I found the most hilarious was that Japan attacked Russia's northern base. Which is just silly.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: October 24, 2014, 09:53:28 pm »

Command and Conquer cutscenes were on a whole another level than Wing Commander's

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: October 26, 2014, 01:23:36 pm »

Payday 2 is $7.50 on Steam right now.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: October 27, 2014, 12:30:11 am »

I hear alot of good things with Payday 2 but alas the bank is empty so I can't really surge.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: October 27, 2014, 03:02:03 am »

I was thinking of trying it when it was free for a weekend not long ago, but then I saw 30gb big file to download... I'll have to pass for now.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: October 27, 2014, 12:08:44 pm »

just fyi the number on that screen isn't always accurate, for payday 2 it's actually around 8gb to download and 13gb unpacked

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:14 pm »

Oh. That changes things a bit.

Still, I heard PayDay 2 reserves unreasonable amount of space even when updating. I should probably check this information though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:26 pm »

I always had to clear at least 20GB every time it updated, even though after the update it only took up about 10.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: October 27, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »

Regardless, Payday 2 is a very fun game if you have friends who play. If not, I probably wouldn't get it. Teamwork makes all the difference at the higher difficulties.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: October 27, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »

It is a good game. But yes, their updating is a pain in the ass. I uninstalled because I got sick of a 20 gig download every time they patched, because they have to touch half the game to modify anything.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: October 27, 2014, 03:12:47 pm »

Wow, that does sound bad. No go for me, but eh, maybe some day...

Anyways - GamersGate has a Halloween sale, with discount on certain scary games going as low as 80%.
40 more hours only!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: October 27, 2014, 03:20:56 pm »

Wow, that does sound bad. No go for me, but eh, maybe some day...

Anyways - GamersGate has a Halloween sale, with discount on certain scary games going as low as 80%.
40 more hours only!

Ooh.  I think that is the cheapest I've seen Thief at so far....
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1134