Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453970 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9465 on: October 14, 2014, 03:00:00 pm »

Yeah, I could care less about the other games, but FTL for $5 is definitely worth it if you don't already have it (I've already sunk over 55 hours into that game) and then you can get Democracy 3 for only $3 extra on top of that if you are into that kind of spreadsheet manager style of game.

Edit: Also Crusader Kings 2 DLC complete pack is on sale in the humble store for only $12.49, which is useful if you picked up the main game sans DLC in that humble bundle a while back.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:02:42 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: October 14, 2014, 03:03:01 pm »

Another Humble Bundle, this time partnered with Mozilla. Go to the Firefox home page for more info.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can redeem them on Steam if you donate above 1$, though.

The entire pitch is "play in a browser without installing " (except that whole browser you have to install and wait on downloads)

It's a cheap way to get games already sold on Humble in 1 or more bundles.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: October 14, 2014, 03:10:52 pm »

They're out of the free copies of X-COM.

Yeah, I kinda saw that coming.

Glad I didn't wait!  I got a code, but won't be able to redeem it until tonight.  Hopefully it still works, and the 80% off the expansion is still valid then.

Regarding gifting, they just email you a code (after you agree to link your steam account with their website and subscribe to their newsletters and such... fortunately the email address I use for steam is my designated 'spam hole') so it should be no problem to simply give this code to someone else.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9468 on: October 14, 2014, 03:51:05 pm »

I got a code from the X-COM giveaway, and it redeemed and is installing without problems.
I did visit and vote from the UK site, so that may have something to do with it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: October 14, 2014, 03:55:53 pm »

Oh lordy, what have I done?  Link your steam account, they said.  Get a free game, they said.

Apparently I have to leave Green Guy and all of their rancid affiliates hooked up to my steam account for at least 30 days, or they can pull xcom off retroactively.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9470 on: October 14, 2014, 04:02:57 pm »

:-/ Had a feeling this was one of those times I should've read the full terms of the giveaway.
Ah well. I don't have very interesting game habits, since most of the time I do game it's either KSP or Empires.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: October 14, 2014, 04:04:37 pm »

rule number one of free shit:  If you're not paying for the product, then you ARE the product.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: October 14, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »

Yeah, when the started demanding I link accounts and make more accounts while randomizing the vote (I've never played any of those games), I bailed. Looks like intuition won out.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: October 14, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »

I don't actually value any of the information in my steam account or the associated email account, so they can have it.  But yeah, in general, a good policy to be shy about things like this.

I'm actually kind of pumped to finally start playing some of the "new" XCom.  I hear it is pretty mod-friendly, and that there is a bunch of user created content out there.  I guess "The Long War" is the thing to play?  Does anyone have experience with any of the DLC?  Most of it sounds pretty useless.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9474 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »

IIRC one of the dlcs adds a few (or just one?) missions that add to the story and is quite decent... others are just cosmetics, I think.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9475 on: October 14, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

Men of War Assault Squad 2 is on a fairly hefty discount on the Humble Store too, for $13.99, in case you want to support that kind of game... although it appears that the devs haven't really done much to it since MoWAS1...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: October 14, 2014, 04:44:58 pm »

I'm actually kind of pumped to finally start playing some of the "new" XCom.  I hear it is pretty mod-friendly, and that there is a bunch of user created content out there.  I guess "The Long War" is the thing to play?  Does anyone have experience with any of the DLC?  Most of it sounds pretty useless.

When I was looking for that same info I gathered that some of the DLC was cosmetic, while the rest gave rather OP rewards considering how early they pop up in the game.
I'm 50h in and haven't still touched the expansion or major mods so can't help there.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: October 14, 2014, 05:20:25 pm »

The "Enemy Within" expansion is quite expansive, it adds gene-mods and MEC troopers (and an evil guerrilla faction, EXALT).  Genemods add interesting new powers to a soldier, while MEC "training" basically replaces the soldier with a mobile suit.  Good if you get unlucky with skill-roulette, though their previous class does modify exactly how they kick ass.  I always make mine punchy (:<

It also adds some new alien enemies, and I think is responsible for certain tweaks to the hardest ones.  Sectopods...  So you get new toys, but harder enemies to match.

I recommend it for kinetic-strike MECs, and sending special agents to spy on EXALT (which produces extraction missions, where you defend your agent from foes who use XCOM weapons and classes)

Also one new mission is
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:22:06 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: October 14, 2014, 06:07:10 pm »

base defense was probably my favorite part of the original xcom. 

I could dominate most UFO missions through careful planning and a well balanced squad, but all that went out the window in a base defense mission.  squads were all over the place, grabbing their pants, equipment was dependent on some sort of item limit, IIRC.  What's more, it made my base layout decisions meaningful.

I was pretty bummed when I realized that the grav and fusion defenses made bases basically impenetrable and I never had to fight a defense mission again.  I can't remember if you could choose to let ships land?

Anyway, the 80% off deal on the EW expansion seems like a no brainer.  I guess I can throw them 6 bucks (in addition to all my privacy) in exchange for this.  This with Long War sounds pretty boss.  Maybe in about a week I'll have some time to play it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: October 14, 2014, 06:17:28 pm »

It is sadly static this time around ): but I enjoyed it anyway, particularly the way it handled reinforcements. (It focuses on the surprise and disorder aspect from the originals)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1134