Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454049 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9435 on: October 11, 2014, 11:40:19 pm »

I'm interested, and I already have a copy on Android so I could play on a tablet or phone.  I might kick in for a two pack, as I wouldn't mind having a PC copy of this and some of the other bundle games look to be worth spending $8 on.

If both of us did this, we would have licenses for up to 4 players.  Which is pretty good, I guess. 

I've played once before, and the critical seats could be handled by four people.  I think it is important for the captain to have no other role, so that would leave 3 people to cover Helm / Weapons / Engineering which are the most important 3.  Comm and Science are 'nice-to-have' but not totally necessary.

Time is a big factor though. 

And I've never used voice chat for games before, so there is some learning curve.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9436 on: October 12, 2014, 12:03:59 am »

I could never command, as I don't voicechat as a policy, but I'd be fine with being a crewman a few times, barring trolls.
Honestly though, this doesn't sound like something I'd pay for. It sounds like a hobby project or tech demo, rather than a game.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: October 12, 2014, 12:31:14 am »

Since I saw the sale, I've been pushing a few people in my school's esports club to try it out, so I'd probably join in on a voicechat game.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9438 on: October 12, 2014, 01:31:31 am »

I too, was moderately interested in Artemis, but as far as I can understand it, it's a local-only multiplayer game? Or am I missing something?

If you like Armageddon, Reloaded is basically Armageddon with updated graphics and some new weapons but no changes in gameplay in the vein of Revolutions' classes.
Hm, sounds interesting, will check. Thanks
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: October 12, 2014, 01:35:44 am »

I think it can be played online, it's just more "immersive" to do it all in the same room.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: October 12, 2014, 01:57:45 am »

It is certainly more immerseive in the same room.  You can play online as well, as long as you can get it through your firewall.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9441 on: October 12, 2014, 02:00:13 am »

I'm certainly in. I have bought the game already. Maybe this needs its own thread? I think we will have enough people, if we can coordinate it across time zones.

I could never command, as I don't voicechat as a policy, but I'd be fine with being a crewman a few times, barring trolls.
Honestly though, this doesn't sound like something I'd pay for. It sounds like a hobby project or tech demo, rather than a game.

I don't know that you'd really be able to play without voice chat. You have to be able to communicate instantly. I don't think there's a text chat interface, and even if there was, you wouldn't have time to type.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: October 12, 2014, 02:08:21 am »

Having a thread would probably make it easier to find players/potential players, yes.

EDIT: Looking at one of the images on Steam's store page, there's a LOT of potential gameplay here. Such as ship-versus-ship battles (as in, at least two crews battling each other) and co-op with multiple ships working together.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:17:31 am by Sirus »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9443 on: October 12, 2014, 02:38:52 am »

Well then count me in too.  :)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: October 12, 2014, 02:51:41 am »

I gotta catch some Zzzz's soon. If you want a copy of Artemis, PM me and I'll pick up an appropriate pack tomorrow morning (up to a limit of five people).

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: October 12, 2014, 03:21:04 am »

Artemis is a bit tricky. It is kinda important to have all roles filled, especially at higher difficulties. Knowing what frequency an enemy is set to can be the determining factor of winning the overall battle because it saves time. Ultimately the most important resource in Artemis is time. Comms can send requests to starbases to allow you to dock and have double energy and weapon loading for a bit of time, as well as ask enemies to surrender (saving you time killing them, and saving you energy and munitions so you don't have to go back to base, which takes time). Science can let you know what frequencies are, but more importantly, they are a second set of eyes that view the map and can point out immediate threats and those that can be dealt with later. Engineering is incredibly important because if they manage energy correctly a good engineer can keep a ship going 2x or 3x longer before docking than normal (and depending on map settings, you may never have to dock for energy if you have a decent helmsman and crew that point out artifacts), as well as get you places faster and do more damage, allowing you to save time docking, moving, and attacking. Helm is also important, because if they can stay out of enemy firing arcs but keep the enemy in your own arcs, you save energy recharging the shields and time maneuvering to attack. Weapons can manually target ships and take down certain enemy systems, which can keep you from being shot at, or keep an enemy from regenerating their shield. It might seem like energy is the most important resource, and it is definitely up there, but time takes the cake. With one ship on most scenarios at a high difficulty level it is basically impossible to not lose a base because there is simply not enough time to kill every ship before bases come under attack. At low difficulties there's plenty of time to do every job yourself, but I'd say much past difficulty 6 or 7 unless you have been playing for a while everything falls apart without a crew.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9446 on: October 12, 2014, 10:19:18 am »

Just noticed there are some pretty decent bundles out at Bundle Stars, for like, less than $5 each:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-8/ - Highlight: Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Zenoclash 1, Etherlords II, Ring Runner
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-6/ - Expeditions: Conquistador
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-4/ - Zenoclash 2
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/evolution-bundle/ - Infinite Space III - Sea of Stars (space exploration roguelike)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: October 12, 2014, 10:22:38 am »

Sea of Stars is early access. :C

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9448 on: October 12, 2014, 10:24:51 am »

A lot of these are. But Sea of Stars is made by the guys who made the Infinite Space series, and I loved those games. They also seem to be making good progress and definitely aren't first-time devs, which is where most of the Early Access problems stem from.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: October 12, 2014, 11:17:06 am »

Artemis

Whew.  I remember playing Super Star Trek from Ahl's BASIC Computer Games:

We've come a long way, baby.

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1134