Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454145 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9420 on: October 10, 2014, 04:01:11 am »

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: October 10, 2014, 06:37:12 pm »

So since there is a Team 17 sale (I love them despite having little reason to. Though they did publish, uh... some indie thing recently), which of the newer worms games is like Worms?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9422 on: October 11, 2014, 03:16:04 am »

You know, I'd like to get an answer to this too. I've read one review of Worms Revolutions and it said it's completely decent, but no revolution. What then, Clan Wars?

Then again, there is also the good old Armageddon on sale...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: October 11, 2014, 04:50:20 am »

You know, I'd like to get an answer to this too. I've read one review of Worms Revolutions and it said it's completely decent, but no revolution. What then, Clan Wars?

Then again, there is also the good old Armageddon on sale...

If you like Armageddon, Reloaded is basically Armageddon with updated graphics and some new weapons but no changes in gameplay in the vein of Revolutions' classes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: October 11, 2014, 02:07:38 pm »

According to the few negative reviews of this on Steam, though, you also have to have a spare account with its own copy to run the server... Not sure how that's going to work. We'll see.

No worries, the reviews are just plain wrong. You can run multiple instances of Artemis on the same account with no issues (just launch the .exe from its install folder). I'll usually have the main screen and server on one monitor and manage a station on a different monitor.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9425 on: October 11, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »

According to the few negative reviews of this on Steam, though, you also have to have a spare account with its own copy to run the server... Not sure how that's going to work. We'll see.

No worries, the reviews are just plain wrong. You can run multiple instances of Artemis on the same account with no issues (just launch the .exe from its install folder). I'll usually have the main screen and server on one monitor and manage a station on a different monitor.

That is excellent news.

Actually, a friend of mine runs a tea room of the "awesome place to hang out" variety. They have game night on Sunday evenings, and I know he has a projector set up and ready to go. If I can persuade a few other people to bring their computers and get a copy of the game, we could actually have a proper game of this... I must try to make this happen.

Meanwhile, we have to get a Bay12 game going.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: October 11, 2014, 06:26:28 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: October 11, 2014, 06:37:39 pm »

So show of hands, who would be interested in playing Artemis with other Bay Watchers? I'll buy the bundle and give folks the extra copies if I know they'll be put to good use.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: October 11, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »

I dunno maybe. What even -is- Artemis?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: October 11, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »

I dunno maybe. What even -is- Artemis?

From what I can tell it's a must-be-played-networked game that's run like the bridge of the Enterprise. One person sits at a "viewscreen" (which has no controls and does nothing) while giving orders to the other crew members, each of which is sitting at a "bridge console" so one person is on weapons, one is on engineering, one is on communications, and so on.

It sounds like FTL except you're one of the redshirts manning a console.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: October 11, 2014, 09:10:35 pm »

No, redshirts are expendable. The crew on Artemis are not. Everyone needs to be working together and communicating and one person needs to be making decisions. Any death is a great loss.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: October 11, 2014, 09:23:00 pm »

Wait, does Artemis actually have a game associated with it, now? Last I heard it was a single test mission that was fun once or twice, but not so great after you knew what to expect.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: October 11, 2014, 10:34:16 pm »

Wait, does Artemis actually have a game associated with it, now? Last I heard it was a single test mission that was fun once or twice, but not so great after you knew what to expect.
That would have been the demo, around 2 years ago.  Even then the game had a few different adjustable missions, and allowed multiple bridge crews to play together/against each other.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: October 11, 2014, 10:48:28 pm »

Oh, my bad. I might get this bundle. Can it be played with less than the max competently, or is it a significantly lesser experience?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: October 11, 2014, 11:13:45 pm »

According to reviews, it can be played with a smaller team (or even solo!), but that both makes the game more difficult and subtracts from the overall experience.

So, is no-one interested? I'm not going to spend $20 on six copies of Artemis if I'm the only one who wants to play, and the other titles in the bundle do not really interest me enough to get the bundle on their own.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1134