Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454155 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9405 on: October 09, 2014, 01:12:50 pm »

Well the new Humble Weekly is actually... pretty sweet. Most of it is geared towards people who like relaxed games, but have a look at the top tiers...

Base: Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love; A Slow Year; LYNE
$6: ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever (double pack); Proteus
$8: Mini Metro; ARTEMIS SPACESHIP BRIDGE DOUBLE PACK
$17: Artemis 4-pack

I think that means if you buy the top tier, you get 6 copies of Artemis.

Has anyone ever played Artemis? Because I'm *dying* to play this, but you have to have a full crew to play. Multiplayer-only. Now, obviously I'm going to get this game, so the only question is: who's going to play with me?

It, um... It'll have to be some of you guys. Because I don't have any real-life friends who play games. : (

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: October 09, 2014, 01:20:17 pm »

That Artemis pack is well worth it. The Humble Mobile is also pretty good at the bottom tier.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9407 on: October 09, 2014, 01:23:15 pm »

I just bought the $6 tier. If enough people are interested in playing but don't want to buy it, I may eventually upgrade to the top tier and give away copies so I have someone to play with. : ) According to the few negative reviews of this on Steam, though, you also have to have a spare account with its own copy to run the server... Not sure how that's going to work. We'll see.

EDIT: For those who like to relax, I also highly recommend Cube & Star and Proteus. I now have an extra copy of each of those, too... Maybe I'll save them for the Christmas giveaway, since I just gave away about 100 games a few months ago. : ) (Some of those never got claimed, by the way... If anyone wants to have a look, they're still up for grabs. Just look at the thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139808.0 )
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:27:00 pm by Sappho »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: October 09, 2014, 01:42:55 pm »

These are really sweet games. I might get the bundle just for ibb&obb.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: October 09, 2014, 01:50:32 pm »

I'm tempted to get the bundle just for Artemis :o

Hell, maybe I can pick up that six-pack...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: October 09, 2014, 02:39:42 pm »

Ok so... FFXIII, I have yet to play this cause I don't have a Console that it is on, but now that SquareEnix are placing their FF Series on Steam. I think I might buy it. Its only 15USD or so, thats cheaper then secondhand...

Convince me not to without relying on the obvious badpoints of the FFXIII gameplay side. Convince me with more solid reasons...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: October 09, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »

I can't say much more than the combat's shitty and it has a worse storyline than viva pinata.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: October 09, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »

Convince me not to without relying on the obvious badpoints of the FFXIII gameplay side. Convince me with more solid reasons...

Convince without relying on gameplay?  Oi.  Challenge accepted.

One of the characters Vanille has the most annoying voice in the universe.  She talks with no reference to reality at all and she sounds like she's constantly orgasming during combat to the point where you will avoid having her in your party if you have roommates or family members. 

Did I manage?

The gameplay isn't as bad as people make it, its just drags things on for way too long and the story/characters aren't that interesting.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: October 09, 2014, 03:02:34 pm »

More obvious reasons not to play FFXIII:
  • The game is highly linear, and makes no attempt to hide the fact that it's just a linear series of corridors with cutscenes and battles in between. Eventually the linearity of the game does ease up though... In the last 10 hours of the game or something like that. And the endgame is just as linear as the opening too.
  • For a 60+ hour RPG, the story is far too simple and character development is almost nonexistent.
  • The number of likable characters is small, and you rarely see them.
  • Most of the game consists of you jumping between different characters in a way that's almost guaranteed to cause maximum confusion about what's going on, simply because it's been hours since you last saw each group.
  • If FFXIII is being released on Steam, FFXIII-2 should be released on Steam as well. And FFXIII-2 is a better game than FFXIII. Not the best, mind you, but it's more creative, has a better story, and has an open-world that doesn't make you feel so constrained and bored. Also, proper side-quests and optional areas/bosses like like every RPG should have. And FFXIII-2's plot/characters are so barely connected to FFXIII that you could play it without being too confused about what's happening. Actually... That's not a good thing. Hold on a second.
  • FFXIII's plot has almost no connection to it's supposed sequels, FFXIII-2 and Lightning's Return. The characters are the only similar things between them, and that's about it.
There, I think that should do it. FFXIII isn't a bad game, but it's definitely not good. As long as your expectations are low, you should be fine playing it, I think.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9414 on: October 09, 2014, 03:03:16 pm »

Final Fantasy: The Semi-interactive Movie.
Also, I got my copy 2nd hand for 7$ (during a sale at a local game store. regularly 10$.)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: October 09, 2014, 03:43:58 pm »

I can't say much more than the combat's shitty and it has a worse storyline than viva pinata.

I heard that game was great.

My interests:  Geopolitical simulators; Economic management games; 4x and grand warfare; immersive garden tea party sims.

No, Ayn, not that kind of tea party.  a LITERAL tea party.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: October 09, 2014, 03:57:15 pm »

You don't play Viva Pinata for the storyline. You are supposed to play FF games for their storylines.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: October 09, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »

You don't play Viva Pinata for the storyline. You are supposed to play FF games for their storylines.

Mind you... it actually had somewhat of an interesting simple storyline involving corruption, betrayal, and murder.

I am still astounded Leafos never appears in the show.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: October 09, 2014, 04:33:41 pm »

You could always go by the always entertaining comedy/review of zero punctuation.  I don't always agree with his reviews, but they often are telling.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: October 09, 2014, 04:44:32 pm »

Just noticed this on Bundle Stars:  http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/evolution-bundle/

I don't know about the other games, but the price is probably worth it for "Sea of Stars" alone.  I'm a big Digital Eel fan, and their Infinite Space series is especially awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1134