Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452612 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread -
« Reply #8400 on: June 12, 2014, 02:58:45 pm »

Indie Game: The Movie: The Game Bundle is on sale on Steam for 75% off. Bundle includes the movie, movie dlc, FEZ, Braid, and Super Meat Boy, all of which are also on sale individually at 75% off. Alternatively, you could get the whole $40 value bundle for $9.99.
wat
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: June 12, 2014, 04:12:32 pm »

Indie Game: The Movie: The Game Bundle is on sale on Steam for 75% off. Bundle includes the movie, movie dlc, FEZ, Braid, and Super Meat Boy, all of which are also on sale individually at 75% off. Alternatively, you could get the whole $40 value bundle for $9.99.
wat
It's a thing, yeah. It's a bundle deal of FEZ, Braid, and Super Meat Boy as well as a movie about indie games that focuses on those three games in particular. It's a cool movie. The whole bundle is $10, everything else is about $2.50, the highest price is $3.50 for Super Meat Boy.

Oh. Yeah. "Indie Game: The Movie Special Edition DLC". Requires the base game "Indie Game: The Movie" on Steam in order to play. Currently $1.24 on its own. $3.49 together with the base game movie.

Quote from: Steam's "About the game"
With 100+ minutes of new epilogues & short films, the Indie Game: The Movie Special Edition DLC is another film's worth of stories, crafted by the directors of the original award-winning feature documentary. Find out about what happened after to the developers of Super Meat Boy & FEZ, and about other games and game creators.

- 100+ minutes of new short films in 1080p
- Epilogues: What happened after?
- Stories about more game creators
- Deleted Scenes
- New Team Meat Commentary
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:30 pm »

Movie DLC?

Oh shit.

IT'S SPREADING
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: June 12, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »

Not ure if it's been said before, but apparently the steam summer sale is starting on the nineteenth.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: June 12, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »

A page or two back, yes. Doesn't hurt to parrot it every now and then I suppose.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: June 12, 2014, 06:16:00 pm »

Alpha Protocol

I think a lot of the bad press from this game came from people expecting something ridiculous. It's first and foremost an RPG; the game is about the choices you want to make and how you play out what you're given. The more you think and pay attention, the more the game rewards you with layers of the story.

It has stealth elements, and cover shooter elements, too. If you take those as secondary to the RPG, you'll be fine. Most of the bad reviews I read seemed to ignore the RPG part and expect it to be top-shelf stealth game AND top-shelf cover shooter with that boring cutscene crap getting in the way. The game isn't Thief: The Mass Effect Project, and if you want/expect an RPG, it's pretty damn good.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: June 12, 2014, 06:49:12 pm »

Yeah, I liked all of alpha protocol, but if you go stealth or melee the boss fights are a kick in the 'nads.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:20 pm »

I found the combat a lot more interesting than in Mass Effect, though I only played ME 1.  Having the conversation choices be timed actually worked very well in my opinion...  A few times I found myself making snap judgements that I later regretted.  On both playthroughs my character was very professional, except sometimes I would impulsively choose a funny or wrathful choice.  That just doesn't happen in most games, where characters wait patiently for you to choose exactly what you want to say.

There are also choices where, in retrospect, the probable consequences (to life, friendship, or moral code) were obvious.  But in the moment you have to act quickly.

It's also weird how much a villain's disappointment can sting, sometimes!

The boss fights weren't too bad since I kept pistol skill pretty high.  The pause-time-bullet-salvo with pistols is able to do an awful lot of damage - or use tranq rounds to knock out 5 people in an instant.  Plus stealth abilities do work in boss fights, to some extent.  It helps to have equipment reducing the cooldowns.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: June 12, 2014, 09:23:20 pm »

I see you marked Space Marine on your list.

GET IT

It's one of the few games where you are the space marine :D
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: June 12, 2014, 09:37:50 pm »

GET IT

You feel like it, too.  You don't have any of those puny cover mechanics, where you slowly recharge health.  No, you get a small bar that recharges, but if you want to refill your actual health bar you are going to need to charge straight into an enemy formation, punch an ork in the face, and then shove your chainsword down its throat. Your sniper rifle is an antitank cannon, while your shotgun is a antitank... cannon. But shorter ranged.   Your two smallest weapons in the game are the combat knife and the bolt pistol.  The combat knife is approximately the size of a longsword, while the bolt pistol is a semiautomatic armor piercing grenade launcher.  There is no guilt in the killing either.  Your enemy is a living bioweapon.   Just one that can shoot and stab back. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: June 12, 2014, 10:06:21 pm »

The hell? Thief base price already dropped to thirty? Games sure move fast these days. And that also means that we're looking at a sales price of 15€. I'm way too cheap to get it at that ghastly high price, but I think it befits the thread anyway. Available also as a steam weekend deal is the Wargame series. Far as I know there's little reason to get the first one when the second is that cheap. Third at 25€ range is more disagreeable. Good strategy games, but perhaps something of an acquired taste.
Thief
Wargame

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: June 12, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »

GET IT

You feel like it, too.  You don't have any of those puny cover mechanics, where you slowly recharge health.  No, you get a small bar that recharges, but if you want to refill your actual health bar you are going to need to charge straight into an enemy formation, punch an ork in the face, and then shove your chainsword down its throat. Your sniper rifle is an antitank cannon, while your shotgun is a antitank... cannon. But shorter ranged.   Your two smallest weapons in the game are the combat knife and the bolt pistol.  The combat knife is approximately the size of a longsword, while the bolt pistol is a semiautomatic armor piercing grenade launcher.  There is no guilt in the killing either.  Your enemy is a living bioweapon.   Just one that can shoot and stab back.
You forgot to mention the glorious melta-gun (for those unfamiliar with warhammer 40k, think a flamethrower with no actual flames, only heat) that can be spammed to just kill absolutely anything.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: June 12, 2014, 10:17:27 pm »

I do have one gripe about how SM handles.

And that's in later levels, the same mechanic that makes you awesome also locks you into scenarios where you have zero options but to keep doing it. I recall getting low on health, charging in, executing a guy and getting health back, only to get blasted to pieces by his mates while I'm in the middle of my animation. So the animation ends, I'm at half life, and I proceed to hunt down the next guy who can be executed, lose more life, start the execution, get my life back, rinse and repeat....

So it started taking the fun out of the later game because you're constantly looking for that next execution instead of, you know, kind of enjoying the ride and trying stuff out, and the awesomeness of being a Space Marine kind of devolves into living or dying off getting those executions moment to moment.

But yeah, there's no other game that captures the heft and weight of a Space Marine. And the Jump Packs are absolutely glorious, as is the Meltagun, as is the Heavy Plasma Gun, as is the Storm Bolter....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:21:11 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: June 12, 2014, 10:33:22 pm »

Ah, yes. That was annoying how you could be hurt during the execution moves. It is a fun game, I've played through it twice.

The little I played of the multiplayer was quite fun as well, though when I tried (soon after the game was released) the connections were rather iffy as I believe it was hosting the game on the game creators connection rather than having dedicated servers.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: June 12, 2014, 10:50:12 pm »

The little I played of the multiplayer was quite fun as well, though when I tried (soon after the game was released) the connections were rather iffy as I believe it was hosting the game on the game creators connection rather than having dedicated servers.
Some maps eventually devolve into a lascannon/stalker bolter shootoff lol
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1134