Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453178 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #8040 on: May 02, 2014, 01:29:32 am »

Ah yeah, missed you also mentioned Underrail in your post. I was talking in fact about Shadowrun, sorry for confusion!
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: May 02, 2014, 03:46:03 pm »

The Star Wars franchise is also 66% off this weekend.  Had my eye on Force Unleashed (I and II) for a little while, half-heartedly.  I did play one briefly when it first came out, on console, but then various living arrangement moves etc happened and I never ended up playing it again.  Never played the second one.  Are they both worth a purchase/play?  Metacritic scores are distinctly average.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: May 02, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »

First Force Unleased is cool - lots of cool combos, plenty of ways to combine your abilities, great fun.
The second feels more streamlined and cleaner, but it also makes you feel like there's less you can do. Quite a bit shorter as well.

They're both good action games. Personally, I enjoyed the first one more, but the second isn't bad, either.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: May 02, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »

First Force Unleased is cool - lots of cool combos, plenty of ways to combine your abilities, great fun.
The second feels more streamlined and cleaner, but it also makes you feel like there's less you can do. Quite a bit shorter as well.

They're both good action games. Personally, I enjoyed the first one more, but the second isn't bad, either.

Thanks - I've bought the first one (working its way through its HUGE installation size now), might hold off on the second until I see how much fun I actually have with the first.  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: May 04, 2014, 03:36:28 am »

I know this isn't the right place to ask this, but Gmod and steam pretty much go hand in hand.

I tried running Gmod today, but it lags HARD. Talking about if you were trying to run a HD game like crysis on an intel card from 2005. It takes many seconds for things to even highlight. I've never had this problem before and have been playing Gmod for years. I've looked all over for a solution but none of the ones I came across on google have worked. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: May 04, 2014, 04:29:57 am »

Is it your first time running Gmod on this particular computer? Either way, you should check if a recent driver update might have caused problems, and maybe also go to task manager see if anything is devouring your CPU while Gmod is running. Oh, and try asking in the computer advice thread.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: May 04, 2014, 05:20:44 am »

The quality of stability in Gmod is directly proportional to the number of explosive barrels and the current state of said barrels.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: May 04, 2014, 07:48:09 am »

How many fast zombies? 100? 200?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: May 05, 2014, 05:46:59 am »

Is it your first time running Gmod on this particular computer? Either way, you should check if a recent driver update might have caused problems, and maybe also go to task manager see if anything is devouring your CPU while Gmod is running. Oh, and try asking in the computer advice thread.

No it's the same computer and it's just Gmod. I tried so many other games and it was literally one day Gmod was working, and the next it wasn't. However it's fixed now. No idea why. Next day it worked again. Weird.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:52 am »

(Gmod is misbehaving)

(Gmod is behaving once more)

Some things jump to mind:

Check your Windows Update settings.  If it isn't specifically set to do its thing late at night, sometimes it will try to update while you're actually doing stuff.  WU tends to bully its way into taking as much resources as it thinks it needs.

Check other auto-updaters, reasons as per above, with bonus frequency that doesn't match how often updates are actually available.  I'd suggest something like System Explorer (Show Left Menu, Autorun section) to find out what is actually autostarting at boot.  Adobe and Java are known regular offenders here.

These both tie into Sensei's suggestion to look for task manager items sucking up CPU time; though the executable may not be named in a way that clearly identifies it.  Sensei's suggestion of checking after drivers and things is wise also.

-----

To bring things back to Steam talk...  What have y'all been thinking about the weekly deal section?

I have been not-impressed-at-all. It seems to be little more than a clearinghouse for shovelware, with the occasional oldie-but-goodie.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: May 05, 2014, 11:21:26 am »

To bring things back to Steam talk...  What have y'all been thinking about the weekly deal section?

I have been not-impressed-at-all. It seems to be little more than a clearinghouse for shovelware, with the occasional oldie-but-goodie.

The quality of the weekly deal section has declined very quickly, in my opinion. As I recall, the first couple weeks felt like a mini-Summer Sale. Now it's hardly ever linked on the front page and, like you said, seems to be dominated by shovelware.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: May 05, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

Considering how much mass of shovelware has been dumped upon steam, its not surprising.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8052 on: May 05, 2014, 12:20:34 pm »

Well, I think this week's offer is quite decent again. Probably won't pick up anything from it, but still.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: May 06, 2014, 04:26:47 pm »

Kerbal Space Program is $16 US. Ends Friday. Also for sale at the Humble Bundle store. Same price.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:43:41 pm by BigD145 »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: May 06, 2014, 08:21:32 pm »

Someone is probably going to stab me (or at least get upset at me) for saying this, but why all the hype about Kerbal? I checked out the game, and thought to myself, "Build spaceships, try to get to space, fail over and over... this does not look fun. At all."

What is making it so absurdly popular?
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1134