Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453254 times)

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #7995 on: April 25, 2014, 07:00:55 pm »

gone
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:09:21 pm by nyulzsiraf »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: April 25, 2014, 08:14:23 pm »

Is early access to Endless Legend worth it @ 25% off?
    Reviews I've read so far all say it has a loooong way to go.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: April 26, 2014, 12:24:45 am »

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 is on sale for 4.99 this weekend.  Free weekend as well.  It's a good WW2 realistic shooter with a fair learning curve.  Another B12er and I play it right now, so join up!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: April 26, 2014, 12:26:58 am »

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 is on sale for 4.99 this weekend.  Free weekend as well.  It's a good WW2 realistic shooter with a fair learning curve.  Another B12er and I play it right now, so join up!
They were giving it away for free a couple of days ago :P

Is early access to Endless Legend worth it @ 25% off?
    Reviews I've read so far all say it has a loooong way to go.
Anything on this? It does look kinda nice but it's still a bit of a high price tag.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: April 26, 2014, 12:59:52 am »

Same devs as Endless Space.

The initially-pretty-but-after-spending-2-hours-in-it-you-realize-it's-a-shallow-and-boring-game.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: April 26, 2014, 01:20:40 am »

They were giving it away for free a couple of days ago :P

I've been playing this a bit. It is a fun shooter. Combat is very deadly with you scrambling to cover just in front of you hoping you don't get shot. Team play is important with players having to support each other to assault positions.

Recognising friends from foes is difficult. The uniforms and run animations are different (Germans wear dark green, run with rifle in one hand. Soviets wear beige/yellow green, hold rifle in two hands when running) so expect team killings, especially if you run towards friends in a heavy combat zone.

The games rather demanding on PC requirements. I've found turning off Depth of Field, Bloom, Motion Blur and all those to help vastly in stability, but the new maps with Rising Storm (The Americans vs Japan maps) are much more cluttered with trees and objects than the original Axis vs Soviets maps. I can run the game using a Intel i5, Radeon HD 6870, 4gb ram, ASUS P8P67 PRO motherboard with graphics around medium/high. Partly I think the games rather badly optimised, it's not really really detailed but there is a lot of things going on with an engine designed for deathmatch, small maps (Unreal 3).

The give away was/is a free version of Red Orchestra 2 without Rising Storm. You can play the Rising Storm maps but only as a Rifleman and you can't get experience (This gives you small upgrades to weapons and different class looks). I haven't played the Rising Storm maps much due to them not loading before I get kicked back to main menu. Probably due to their intensity of foliage/shadows.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #8001 on: April 26, 2014, 08:26:31 am »

I can run it on a laptop pretty fine (nVidia 660m), but I turn down the resolution to 1280x720. I have most things on relatively high settings, and get highish frames per second, which I need for FPSs. Reducing resolution from 1920x1080 is one of the most effective things I can do to make things run better - better than switching off particular graphics features. I also never use AA, since that tends to be fairly heavy.

Still, it's not a massively pewpew thing, and I wish it retained the really large maps from RO1, but all in all it's one of the games I've put more hours into in my entire life. I'm a big WW2 fan :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: April 26, 2014, 09:17:48 am »

The initially-pretty-but-after-spending-2-hours-in-it-you-realize-it's-a-shallow-and-boring-game.

It really needed some refinement. But what I did like about Endless Space over the vast majority of 4x games is that the races really did feel distinct. Some have pretty powerful abilities and some can basically go "Terraforming? what's that? We can inhabit any planet we want".

Or rather it is the only 4x game I've seen that is willing to change the way the game is really played for some of the races... TO AN EXTENT... It really should have went further but watcha gonna do.

I know this is silly... but you know what I think Endless Space needs? a "better" sequel >_>
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:35:39 am by Neonivek »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: April 26, 2014, 09:54:27 am »

And they never did get multiplayer working bug-free.  Desync errors abound.  If they weren't willing to fix their last game then they probably won't bother fixing problems with this one.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: April 26, 2014, 09:54:49 am »

I know it's not super discounted, but I bought Unepic last night. I've been having a blast.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: April 28, 2014, 03:39:59 pm »

Opinions on Spectraball? I watched the video for 5 seconds and was reminded of the old NES game Marble Madness (as well as some DOS game that was similar but I forget the name of; there's a Marble Madness for DOS too but this was something else), only it is in 3D in ridiculous high detail graphics.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: April 28, 2014, 03:52:19 pm »

There's a stragety sale over on GOG, and I wanted to know what people think about Darwinia and Multiwinia. Been looking at them for a while now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: April 28, 2014, 03:58:55 pm »

Multiwinia is nothing but a multiplayer version of the fighting in Darwinia. Darwinia is by the same guys who've made Uplink and are making Prison Architect, it can be interesting.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:02:07 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: April 28, 2014, 04:00:06 pm »

So just by Darwinia. Thanks!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: April 28, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »

As an Interversion fan, I urge you wholeheartedly to get Darwinia. It's definitely an interesting game. Multiwinia isn't so great though, since it is pretty much just the same game but with other people and no campaign as far as I am aware.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1134