Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459354 times)

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #735 on: July 09, 2011, 05:58:01 pm »

If only Portal 2 was 75 % off instead of 50 %.  With 4.2 to 1 exchange rates between USDollar and ARGpeso the difference is just too much for a computer game. 

Specially if it's as short as portal 1, which I finished in less than 2 hours (The main game, not all the adv puzzles which I still have to try out)
Portal was an add-on to an already packed game set: The Orange Box. Portal 2 is a full-fledged game, with another story-line in Co-op that takes almost as long.
In short, it is much longer.

I really don't agree with this. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game in both story and gameplay. But it's still a 10 hour game in both co-op and single player, and that's if you spend plenty of time dicking around like I did. It's also lacking replay value unless you enjoy doing speedruns or breaking game mechanics.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 09, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »

If only Portal 2 was 75 % off instead of 50 %.  With 4.2 to 1 exchange rates between USDollar and ARGpeso the difference is just too much for a computer game. 

Specially if it's as short as portal 1, which I finished in less than 2 hours (The main game, not all the adv puzzles which I still have to try out)

This. I think I'll wait until it gets a bigger sale, probably for the new year sales

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 09, 2011, 07:29:24 pm »

What the hell??  Terraria was on sale for $2.49...they just doubled it to $4.99 while it was a daily deal?

KG

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 09, 2011, 07:32:43 pm »

What the hell??  Terraria was on sale for $2.49...they just doubled it to $4.99 while it was a daily deal?

KG

Probably a typo somewhere in Valve HQ. Or else Redigit realized he was still a chart topper and wanted moar money
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 09, 2011, 07:35:47 pm »

KG

Probably a typo somewhere in Valve HQ. Or else Redigit realized he was still a chart topper and wanted moar money

I just checked the Steam forums...it was up for 5 hours at that price.  If that was a typo, that's one hell of a typo.  Judging by the reactions, though, he's not going to top charts very long.

KG

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 09, 2011, 07:36:21 pm »

I don't think the game devs/publishers get a say in what steam puts them on sale for.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 09, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »

Meh, I find daily deals that are 50% off to be dumb. Dailies should be at least 75%...
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 09, 2011, 08:22:56 pm »

Meh, I find daily deals that are 50% off to be dumb. Dailies should be at least 75%...

Yeah, half the daily deals are actually just things that were on sale for the same price before oddly enough.
It's bullshit, I expect deals, not 30% off. I was going to snag portal 2 but 25$ is more than I can fathom for it now.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 09, 2011, 08:38:46 pm »

Bleh. I wasn't cool enough to buy terraria before "the mistake got fixed." I'm sure it's fun and all but I'd at least like SOME attempted explanation. Even a "oops, sorry" would be fine.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 09, 2011, 08:58:36 pm »

I don't plan to buy terreria because I don't find it fun. Especialy since their forum community can only ruin it more.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 09, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »

I don't plan to buy terreria because I don't find it fun. Especialy since their forum community can only ruin it more.
I feel the same way about minecraft, its a great game and all but the forum community is terrible. I think its mainly because of its appeal to children (Not saying its bad kids are playing, just that some of them go on the forums.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 09, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »

I feel the same way about minecraft, its a great game and all but the forum community is terrible. I think its mainly because of its appeal to children (Not saying its bad kids are playing, just that some of them go on the forums.)

I feel the exact same way about both.
That and Notch is just a money grabbing dick now anyway.

Also to anyone who missed the Risen daily deal, BUY IT ANYWAY.
17.3 hrs last two weeks / 17.3 hrs on record
And I wasn't even doing much exploring or anything.
The game is amazingly fun, no clear cut good or bad, you have to decide which faction you side with, both have their good points and bad points and both arn't clear cut good or bad so you have to think.
The ending is alright but if you pay attention to the story and all the dialog and such you'll have actually tied all loose ends before the very end. The game is set up with some unanswered questions because there's a sequal being made.
The combat is pretty challenging, but isn't totaly painfull, it's pretty fun.
Ruins are fun to explore and traps are not clear cut glowing blemishes, you actually have to look for them a little, I can't tell you how many times I've stumbled into a crusher or trap door because I wasn't playing complete attention.
The characters are well developed and you'll either like or hate them, I actually had a hard time deciding on my standing with the pirates because I couldn't tell who I liked more as they were both well developed. (and the chick had a nice ass)
The magic is pretty interesting and well done, I sided with the Don so my magic was limited until near the end to scrolls but that was part of the challenge.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 09, 2011, 09:50:35 pm »

Borderlands is like an MMO though, you play it to grind levels for no good reason.
So it's not fair to compare it to an actual story driven game.
Also Notch isn't a swell fellow, I'm not going to argue any further than this post to keep from derailing the thread but all he's done is grab money and take vacations. When's the last time he's actually
released a worthwhile update that is filled with enough content to justify the time he spends blowing our money out his ass?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 09, 2011, 09:52:24 pm »

I got Terraria right after it came out, played it with a group of friends starting in one world with new characters, and it was great.

Haven't played it in a while though - I'm waiting for some new stuff. I'd like to explore some alien worlds or something like that, and I don't really want to toss my existing character, or grind for items like you have to do to get some things (I had enough of that getting the cobalt armor, which is now jungle armor, which now doesn't drop but is crafted). Not really interested in herb farming either.

It was worth $10 then, and it's worth getting now for $5 with even more features than it had then, and more coming in the future.

Switching subjects to Portal 2: It's a lot harder than Portal 1. Mostly because there's a lot of "We're hiding portallable spots from you really far away in ridiculous amounts of scenery to make it really hard for you to progress, and also, making some completely ridiculously non-obvious puzzles." I have 23 hours in it, and no idea how close I am to the end. There's a potato on my portal gun and I've seen both blue and orange goop, if that's any indication.

I... wouldn't actually recommend it. I actually got irritated by it. I enjoyed the first Portal - It was actually the only puzzle game I ever really liked. Portal 2? Not so much. It's frustrating and just goes on and on forever like you're being dragged past set piece after set piece, having to solve progressively more annoying problems just because they're in your way, and that only because you're being railroaded (and not because of GlaDOS or anyone else, just because of the game) - you're just trying to escape, except your escape consists of being railroaded through giant vistas and test rooms.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 09, 2011, 10:03:39 pm »

And the fact that there's only ONE solution most of the time. I hate that. I should be rewarded for my genius not hindered.
I've had times playing portal 2 at my friends house where I've been able to work out a path that should work really really quick yet for one small stupid reason it's obviously blocked and then the real only solution is incredably long and mind-numbingly stupid. I took the time to work out a complex yet faster solution and it's stopped by an obvious last minute change by Valve to keep me from doing it.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 1134