Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459193 times)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #600 on: July 07, 2011, 12:15:20 pm »

(why, for instance, do I have one perfectly useful copy of CivIV:BTS, along with a second copy that's apparently "not available"?)

That's the Mac version, I think. :p

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 07, 2011, 12:15:54 pm »

Audiosurf at 1.5!

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 07, 2011, 12:19:23 pm »

That was such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up. I bought it, and I'm debating about the Quake pack too. I actually have never played it, is it worth it?
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 07, 2011, 12:44:58 pm »

(why, for instance, do I have one perfectly useful copy of CivIV:BTS, along with a second copy that's apparently "not available"?)

That's the Mac version, I think. :p

Given that I do not, and have never, owned a Mac, my previous question still stands.  :P

(I think you're right, actually - the extra copies appeared around the time that the Mac cross-play was announced. Still, none of my other Mac-compatible games (TF2 included!) have an extra, "not available" copy - it's just CivIV.  ??? )

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:42 pm »

Oh good lord, approaching 10 playable bought Steam games. I don't know what to do with this many games.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 07, 2011, 12:52:15 pm »

I got Gothic 1-3 for under $6 :)  Horray for that!
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #606 on: July 07, 2011, 12:57:51 pm »

I've bought a game every day since this sale came out.  I feel like a bibliophile locked in the Library of Congress.  A very guilty, compulsive bibliophile.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 07, 2011, 05:09:47 pm »

Company of Heroes is $2.50 right now. Anyone that likes RTSes but is sick to death of Starcraft or C&C-esqe gameplay should really buy this. It's one of the best RTSes I've played and it's aged very well, and being squad-based it plays very differently from your traditional RTS. It's all about capturing or defending territory to get resources, and using the highly detailed terrain to your advantage. I'm actually in the process of making a 4v4 CoH map right now, and I'm still blown away by the quality and detail the game contains.

The two accompanying DLC's are $5 each. I've never bought them, but with CoH I've never felt the need to. Blowing up Nazis with no less than 4 howitzers firing in sync never gets old.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:12:06 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 07, 2011, 05:16:45 pm »

At this price, if I ever play audiosurf for less than 5 minutes it's worth it, so I bought it :3

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 07, 2011, 05:20:57 pm »

Oh good lord, approaching 10 playable bought Steam games. I don't know what to do with this many games.

Hahahahah, is that IT?!

Look at this shit.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 07, 2011, 05:22:17 pm »

Yeah Company of Heros is pretty good.
It has a lot more unit micromanagement than most other rts. Units will have to take cover and directed to use grenades and other special abilities if you want them to survive for more than a few seconds.

The base building is much more limited than other rts. You just build barracks and factories to pump out units. Theres a greater focus on the "towers" such as the machine gun nests and medic posts*.
The game is also about controling "points" that give you resources. This is no resource sim, it's all combat all the time.

I found the balance a bit iffy (guess because it was focused on realism). It seemed to be who ever was able to pump out the first tanks won. Also the balance between the two factions America (rolls eyes) and the Nazis (rolls eyes again) were a bit out.
Found the Nazi kicked arse. Flamethrower engineers to keep down the allies "superior" infantry and then rush out a couple panzers to roflstomp the first guy to say "watch for Jerry"

The campaign will have you running through Ameirca's greatest victories of WW2 but they're varied and interesting enough that they don't get too boring.

I haven't played the expansion were I ehard were great (exculding the last one) and they add different factions and other such features.
Overall I think it's a great game which if you're not sick to death of the WW2 setting will amuse you for hours.

*Offtopic: one thing I did notice there was no penalty for shooting medics. not cool CoH! respect the guys with the red cross!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:24:00 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 07, 2011, 05:24:28 pm »

Hahahahah, is that IT?!

Look at this shit.
You sank my battleship!
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 07, 2011, 05:27:12 pm »

Can anyone else not setup games? I downloaded EUIII two days ago but didn't get around to setting it up until today, and it says "This service is currently unaviliable." A bit off topic, but I think it may have to do with the servers being overloaded.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:37:47 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 07, 2011, 05:32:45 pm »

surely someone can beat this? http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/HEMMINGJAY
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 07, 2011, 05:34:06 pm »

Can anyone else not setup games? I downloaded it two days ago but didn't get around to setting it up until today, and it says "This service is currently unaviliable." A bit off topic, but I think it may have to do with the servers being overloaded.

If by setting up you mean create a new account, A friend of mine had issues with the try again later message because her username was taken already. Try something more obscure.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 1134