Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1464432 times)

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4845 on: May 16, 2013, 05:45:35 pm »

Can it still randomly wipe your entire profile history? Coz that's a deal-breaker for me.
If you're referring to the Badass Ranks resetting, that has been fixed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: May 16, 2013, 05:53:36 pm »

I completely agree with levi. Handsome jack is by far the BEST character in that game.

Ehh Torque is pretty funny especially for a DLC.

The DLC in Boarderlands 2 isn't so good.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: May 16, 2013, 05:54:49 pm »

Can it still randomly wipe your entire profile history? Coz that's a deal-breaker for me.
If you're referring to the Badass Ranks resetting, that has been fixed.

That's probably what I'm talking about. I just heard murmurs of large portions of achievements and progress being wiped on release. Thanks.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: May 16, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »

Definitely worth it.  It improved on the Borderlands 1 mechanics and interfaces, and has an actual good story now.

And has some of the best dialog AND the best villain in pretty much any game I've played.

And it has that ROFL best mission ever...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: May 17, 2013, 05:01:33 am »

Nnn, Borderlands 2. I had fun with the first one, though it felt rather unfinished in a number of places (animation and NPCs mostly).

Does it have a larger variety of things in it then the first one?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: May 17, 2013, 12:16:06 pm »

Definitely.  Besides the greater diversity of missions and the actual interesting character interactions, the new mechanics are what made me groan when I tried to play a little Borderlands 1 with an achievement-hunter friend.

Each character still has three upgrade trees, but there seem to be about twice as many skills to choose from.  Each tree has an ability which dramatically modifies the character's special ability (special abilities also seem to cooldown faster and be a much more important part of the game, both in single player and coop).

For example, Maya.  Her ability holds a single enemy still for a few seconds, disabling it and making it an easy target.
First tree, motion: Nearby enemies are launched toward the effect, giving it an area stun and a perfect target for grenades.
Second tree, harmony: You can use your ability to instantly revive a friend, from a distance, instead of locking an enemy.
Third tree, destruction: The enemy is wracked by a series of elemental explosions, including slag (being slagged doubles all damage taken for a while)

If you take level motion AND destruction, all the nearby enemies will pulled into the elemental explosions.  Perfect for 1-2 players.
But if you're playing with a good team, it's better to take Motion and/or Harmony.  Group up the enemies and watch the soldier nuke them, or the assassin chain-kill them.  Being able to instantly revive people is as good as it sounds, too.

I mostly played Siren and Assassin.  As assassin I would wait for the enemies to get bloodied, then go into stealth mode.  As long as I killed with every blow, stealth mode wouldn't run out, so it was all about finding the perfect time to strike from the shadows.

I guess my point is that the classes play waaaay more uniquely than in the first game.  There are still good upgrade paths for single player (Fire-happy siren, sniper assassin, gunzerker... gunzerker) but a lot of the abilities seem designed around natural coop.  It's not hard to figure out, either: when the siren locks an enemy, it's held aloft in this giant purple aura and shouts curses at the players.  It's pretty obvious where everyone should focus their fire  :D

I played through Borderlands 1 twice but the coop didn't really click that well.  This one's a lot better.

Edit: I really wasn't expecting a good story, but it happened.  Despite the cartoonish graphical style, the characters get a surprising amount of depth.  There was a part where I refused to do side missions even though I kinda needed the levels, because I was too angry at certain events.  That was difficult, but fun.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:26:57 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 17, 2013, 12:34:57 pm »

Well, since it was cheap and not that big a download I bought it.

I have a pistol that instead of reloading, I throw and it explodes like a grenade. 
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 17, 2013, 04:13:11 pm »

The one thing I miss from BL1 is the hex-edited guns that had crazy effects like sufficient knockback to blow someone clear to the edge of the map. I got the gibbed editor, but it just isn't the same, and the MP is lacking without silliness like that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 17, 2013, 04:30:39 pm »

... it's not as good because you can't cheat in multiplayer anymore:o

Gyyaaah.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: May 17, 2013, 05:24:29 pm »

I prefer to take the Python stance on this kind of thing. We're all consenting adults. Who are you to decide how others play with their friends in their own sandboxes?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 17, 2013, 07:45:16 pm »

Others and their sandboxes is one thing, but every single public game was overrun with people with 5M point shields and orion snipers that 1-shot every boss. No one I knew was playing at the time, so that was pretty much it for me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 17, 2013, 08:18:50 pm »

... it's not as good because you can't cheat in multiplayer anymore:o

Gyyaaah.

Playing multiplayer was boring if you just played normally; the most you could do was farm bosses. If you all had crazy gear you could get into hilarious duels.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 18, 2013, 06:18:36 am »

I have a pistol that instead of reloading, I throw and it explodes like a grenade.

Note that it uses all remaining bullets in the clip for the explosion; the more bullets used the most powerful the blast is. Tediore guns are great, especially if you have skills/items to increase magazine size, and have the bullets to burn.

There's even an unique Tediore shotgun that have homing when reloaded...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0yLCNDclX4
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:21:10 am by kcwong »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 18, 2013, 09:53:09 am »

hate to be the asshat but you guys are hitting my two page limit, further discussion towards the borderlands 2 thread plz.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4859 on: May 18, 2013, 10:44:57 am »

hate to be the asshat but you guys are hitting my two page limit, further discussion towards the borderlands 2 thread plz.
Agreed.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1135