Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1464008 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4590 on: April 01, 2013, 12:58:14 pm »

I have vsync forced through Nvidia control panel and in-game. I still get tearing or a black screen with things still going on in the game. Triple buffering is new to me. My card does support it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:00:59 pm by BigD145 »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: April 01, 2013, 01:10:17 pm »

Hmm. Well, triple buffering is worth a shot. If that doesn't fix it, it does sounds like something weird is happening that shouldn't be (but I don't think it's related to the OS).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: April 01, 2013, 02:44:01 pm »

What do people think of the ORIGINAL Supreme Commander?  It's 75% off landing it at £2.49 for just the vanilla, or £3.74 for the Gold Edition (Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance).
Get the edition with both of them (SC+FA). The original is decent and the expansion is also good, and last I saw there was still a way to play mp with the expansion if you went looking for it on google.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: April 01, 2013, 07:50:57 pm »

Zeno Clash II is available for pre-order now. Don't really know anything about it, but it seems like there's a whole lot of new combat techniques and even co-op.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: April 01, 2013, 11:58:19 pm »

Oh fuck the hell yes
I only preorder from developers I trust, and I trust the creators of Zeno Clash.  Thanks for the heads up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: April 04, 2013, 03:55:51 pm »

Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:31:25 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: April 04, 2013, 05:13:01 pm »

The one time I had a Steam game I wanted to trade I just checked it's Steam pages. There were half a dozen recent threads about wanting to trade.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: April 06, 2013, 11:24:08 am »

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is 75% off, bringing it to $4.99 US. The multiplayer is very fun, if you like that sort of thing. Destructible environments, mostly buildings. Better than Battlefield 3.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: April 06, 2013, 11:44:44 am »

I don't like Modern Warfare and didn't touch the multiplayer, but I enjoyed the single player of Bad Company 2.  Destructable terrain, I liked how the guns handled, and I didn't take the plot seriously.

The multiplayer has perks you can level up to unlock new equipment.  A friend of mine at the time was bragging about getting massive kill streaks on newbie servers after getting a grenade or demo-class to max.  I know that has more to do with my former friend, but I wouldn't be surprised if the multiplayer is newbie-hostile.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: April 06, 2013, 12:53:51 pm »

I don't like Modern Warfare and didn't touch the multiplayer, but I enjoyed the single player of Bad Company 2.  Destructable terrain, I liked how the guns handled, and I didn't take the plot seriously.

The multiplayer has perks you can level up to unlock new equipment.  A friend of mine at the time was bragging about getting massive kill streaks on newbie servers after getting a grenade or demo-class to max.  I know that has more to do with my former friend, but I wouldn't be surprised if the multiplayer is newbie-hostile.
depends really, in BF3 the noob weapon being the m16 is stupid OP over everything to the point lvl100 colonels are wasting people with the damn gun instead of the unlocked ones. Granted if you are a guy thats over lvl.45, why in hell are you in a noob server you douche.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: April 06, 2013, 03:44:24 pm »

depends really, in BF3 the noob weapon being the m16 is stupid OP over everything to the point lvl100 colonels are wasting people with the damn gun instead of the unlocked ones. Granted if you are a guy thats over lvl.45, why in hell are you in a noob server you douche.

Is this BF3 or LoL?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4601 on: April 06, 2013, 09:20:42 pm »

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413

Would you like damn near all PC D&D games for just $21.10?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: April 06, 2013, 09:42:40 pm »

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413

Would you like damn near all PC D&D games for just $21.10?
Just incase anyone is confused. GoG doesn't supply Steam keys, it has it's own store and supplies DRM free items. I'm sure most people know that however.

Can't recommend this package more. I own everything in this and it has some of the best games ever made. If you haven't played the Baldur's Gate series then you're a terrible person whose opinion should be disregarded.  :P

Temple of Elemental Evil, Demon Stone and Dragonshard don't exactly hold a candle to the rest of the Black Isle/Bioware/Obsidian games but they do have some interesting mechanics.
ToEE is about as close as you can get to pen and paper D&D in a video game. Demon Stone is an action RPG with some decent combat and characters, although perhaps the weakest of the games on offer. Dragonshard (I believe) was the first strategy game to have two different overlaid maps, in this case there's a normal strategy map and a "dungeon" map.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: April 06, 2013, 10:27:47 pm »

I'll throw in a recommendation for the Icewind Dale games. I enjoyed them a great deal when they were new, and still have my discs around somewhere. As I understand it, they're like Baldur's Gate, except you create the entire party at once.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: April 06, 2013, 10:30:12 pm »

Anyone willing to give me $21.10? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1135