Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463761 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4410 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59:24 pm »

Honestly I hated Max Payne 3. I finished it, but I didn't like it. Mostly it's the cutscenes. I shouted at Max Payne 3 every time it took control away for a pointless cutscene. They just interrupt the gameplay so much it was infuriating because they always happened just as you got into the flow, focusing and having fun. So jarring it literally gave me headaches, since most of them were unneeded and could of been done easily without taking control from the player and constantly jumping between camera angles.

I mean, is Max gonna talk to an NPC? Cutscene. The NPC you're protecting moving from cover to cover? Have a cutscene. Max gonna ride an elevator? HAVE A CUTSCENE! Max gonna OPEN A DOOR? HAVE A FUCKING CUTSCENE!

So infuriating. Just way too many cutscenes, not enough player control for my tastes. And then there's the ways it just doesn't feel like a Max Payne game in tone...it's like someone knew Max Payne games existed, and they had internal monologues, bullet time and a suicidally depressed main character, but instead of actually sitting down and playing them they just watched Man On Fire and before playing some Call of Duty.

Seriously, the Max Payne movie felt closer to the tone of Max Payne 1 & 2 than Max Payne 3 to me 0_o
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:19:59 pm by MorleyDev »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: March 08, 2013, 10:19:10 pm »

Primal Carnage for 5 bucks. I'm being peer pressured into picking this up. Apparently they've hammered out the beta-ness that plagued the release build, and they've just added some more content. Anyone got opinions on this? I'm on the fence, and I do enjoy multiplayer action/shooter type games.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: March 09, 2013, 11:33:05 am »

Miasmata is up for 5 euros for another 1.5 hours. It's worth it if you like exploration, they really nailed the mapmaking process.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: March 09, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »

KOTOR II is on sale. If you like Star Wars, RPGs, or Bioware games (Yes I'm aware this wasn't made by Bioware, but it's close to their style), I'd suggest you buy it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:37:15 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: March 09, 2013, 04:26:58 pm »

The fixes mod would be a good thing to suggest too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: March 09, 2013, 05:50:01 pm »

The fixes mod would be a good thing to suggest too.

The Restored Content Mod or whatever, you mean? Also, possibly a Peragus skip mod, because I always hated that section.
Also often called Boowells.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: March 09, 2013, 08:56:55 pm »

Eh, Peragus is alright the first time. It's almost 100% linear, which is why it sucks when replaying (honestly, the whole light/dark choice is introduced at the end of the section!), but it's fun the first time you play it.  :)

And yes, get the restored content mod. One Google search will make a huge difference to your game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: March 09, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »

Is the endgame still completely out of nowhere?

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: March 18, 2013, 12:18:56 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201290/

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is $6.79 (66% off). It seems well reviewed, but you should never trust box quotes or Metacritic. Thoughts?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: March 18, 2013, 12:19:47 pm »

It doesn't have Rebellion, the most recent expansion.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: March 18, 2013, 01:37:26 pm »

It's multiplayer centric. Not a lot of longevity as a singleplayer game.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4421 on: March 18, 2013, 02:15:28 pm »

It's a nice enough RTS if you mostly like skirmishes though, MP or no MP. Nothing particularly new about it though.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: March 18, 2013, 02:27:32 pm »

quite neat, built for MP though. Doesn't even have a campaign mode. Have friends or really like long games. They can be huuuuge.
Sort of halfway between space civ and a RTS.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4423 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:52 pm »

Bioshock infinite worth the pre-order risk?

Same team as the first game? reasonable DRM?

Season pass?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: March 18, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »

Hardly any game is worth the risk, especially when you're only saving £5 by paying for a potentially shit game before there is any way of judging the quality.

I fully expect to be buying it within a week of release, but it makes more sense to pay an extra fiver than risk losing £30.  Unless you don't have xcom and it reaches that level, in which case it's a good deal.

E: As for the season pass, just pay me £15 and I'll give you something at some unspecified point in the future.  Sound like a good deal to you?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:36:32 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1135