Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463132 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3915 on: September 17, 2012, 08:43:42 pm »

they already removed the DRM now so its just one time online activation

Link?

oh wait nevermind Ubi didn't removed it yet
guess it would kill you guys to contact ubi

what is this i don't even

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: September 17, 2012, 08:53:34 pm »

Link?

Last I heard Ubi decided not to use such strict DRM in future games. Or maybe it was EA. Either way, they both still use DRM.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55:40 pm »

Link?

Last I heard Ubi decided not to use such strict DRM in future games. Or maybe it was EA. Either way, they both still use DRM.
Well EA has shitty Origin and Ubi now has Uplay so DRM wouldn't even matter

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: September 17, 2012, 08:58:02 pm »

Link?

Well EA has shitty Origin and Ubi now has Uplay so DRM wouldn't even matter

It's shit piled on shit. Of course it matters. Shit is much better than shit^squared.
No, not really.
Stop giving these companies money, people! I don't care if it's 99% off. Stop supporting them.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: September 17, 2012, 09:10:33 pm »

So did I mention I got Red Faction: Guerrilla while it was on sale and you can only access your save files by connecting online? Internet's down, no save files for you (as is often the case with college campus wifi). SO HOW BOUT 'DEM CRACKED COPIES EH?

But seriously, what the fuck windows live.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: September 17, 2012, 09:49:23 pm »

So did I mention I got Red Faction: Guerrilla while it was on sale and you can only access your save files by connecting online? Internet's down, no save files for you (as is often the case with college campus wifi). SO HOW BOUT 'DEM CRACKED COPIES EH?

No local save? Some windows live games have that, so cracks work.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: September 17, 2012, 10:08:45 pm »

Amazingly, my internet never failed while I was playing through RF:G. I liked that it used GFWL, actually, as it meant I got XBox Live achivements for playing it on windows, unlike all my other steam games (well, I have a few others, but they aren't anywhere near as good).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:07 pm »

Achievements aren't enough of a reason to actually take GFWL seriously, though. It still is a piece of crap.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: September 17, 2012, 10:15:24 pm »

It's Windows Live, it's pure, concentrated garbage. Thankfully there are ways around it for single player...

A friend of mine has yet to even sucessfully register an account (One of those programs whose error messages consist of the word "error" in a box).

The only thing it "does" is achievements, but when such a trivial and pointless game feature obscures the game itself then something is very wrong...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44:54 pm »

This.  Beyond it being a performance drain I don't need with all its flashy widgets and long sign-in times, I simply couldn't couldn't log in for several months.  It had been working and one day it simply failed to update, and continued to fail until I gave up a few weeks later.  There were at least a dozen posts about the issue on the forums and no answer.  It was only happening to XP users (who, like me, had had no issues before that point) so MS just told us to mess with our router settings and then ignored the problem.  I don't know when they finally fixed it, and I don't care.  I'm using Windows 7 now but I'm never buying a Live game again.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3925 on: September 17, 2012, 10:55:15 pm »

...but I'm never buying a Live game again.

Dead games are best games.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3926 on: September 18, 2012, 11:27:21 am »

This.  Beyond it being a performance drain I don't need with all its flashy widgets and long sign-in times, I simply couldn't couldn't log in for several months.  It had been working and one day it simply failed to update, and continued to fail until I gave up a few weeks later.  There were at least a dozen posts about the issue on the forums and no answer.  It was only happening to XP users (who, like me, had had no issues before that point) so MS just told us to mess with our router settings and then ignored the problem.  I don't know when they finally fixed it, and I don't care.  I'm using Windows 7 now but I'm never buying a Live game again.
I actually enjoy the fact that Fallout: New Vegas did away with Windows Live!, compared to it's Fallout 3 counterpart. Already made the game that much better.

Windows Live! is also one of the reasons you don't see me playing Bulletstorm as much as you'd expect. That game makes it mandatory to sign in to play (giving you guys a much necessary head's up on that; since I didn't know what I was 'signing up' for when I bought the game). Bastards. I didn't want an account, or at least, not be required to be online on both Steam AND Windows Live! at the same time just to play, or even see the intro. I never heard my graphics card scream in so much pain in harmony to my CPU due to the stacked processing power requirements for both UIs. Steam's is at least a bit more practical, as it also allows for web browsing (unfortunately, probably using IE's interface. I wish there was a way to over-ride that with something better) and friend updates and such (actually, it has many more practical things about it, separate from Live!'s crappy interface).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:30:11 am by Itnetlolor »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: September 18, 2012, 11:33:20 am »

And Dawn Of War 2 did the same thing, I think.  Live was required for the original DoW2 but the Chaos Rising expansion made it optional, even for multiplayer.  If I remember correctly.  I got it on Steam and didn't regret it, whereas RE5 was a waste of money for me since I couldn't play coop.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: September 20, 2012, 06:58:27 am »

I never heard my graphics card scream in so much pain in harmony to my CPU due to the stacked processing power requirements for both UIs.
If you didn't already know this, you can turn the Steam overlay off in Steam->Settings->In-Game.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: September 20, 2012, 09:18:03 am »

I never heard my graphics card scream in so much pain in harmony to my CPU due to the stacked processing power requirements for both UIs.
If you didn't already know this, you can turn the Steam overlay off in Steam->Settings->In-Game.
I wasn't aware the steam overlay was that intense... I've never had an issue with it.  /shrug
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1135