Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462922 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3720 on: August 05, 2012, 03:08:25 pm »

Here's an amusing tidbit:

The voice acting for Last Remnant was actually first done in English, then dubbed in Japanese.

What a shame.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: August 05, 2012, 03:13:18 pm »

For the English, or the japanese?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: August 05, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »

It was a comment on the voice acting which you were only intended to get if you had played Deus Ex. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: August 05, 2012, 03:30:41 pm »

It was a comment on the voice acting which you were only intended to get if you had played Deus Ex. :P
After playing Deus Ex, reading this explanation, and searching on Google to understand the joke, I found it funny. Kind of. It wasn't a very well-placed joke. More of a tangential statement than anything relevant. That is, if you thought that Deus Ex had bad voice acting. If not, it was completely out of place.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: August 05, 2012, 03:35:56 pm »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »

After playing Deus Ex, reading this explanation, and searching on Google to understand the joke, I found it funny. Kind of. It wasn't a very well-placed joke. More of a tangential statement than anything relevant. That is, if you thought that Deus Ex had bad voice acting. If not, it was completely out of place.

I repeat.  Chaos Wars...  Nothing even comes close.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3726 on: August 05, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »

I was going to say Naval Ops: Commander has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, but then I looked up Chaos Wars...damn, you win.

KG

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: August 05, 2012, 07:48:36 pm »

I was going to say Naval Ops: Commander has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, but then I looked up Chaos Wars...damn, you win.

KG

Its telling that the credits show half the voice actors having the same last name as the CEO of the localization company.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: August 05, 2012, 08:14:55 pm »

Is it really that bad?

*One youtube search later*

It's... so... bad.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: August 06, 2012, 12:43:37 am »

I believe someone wanted skyrim when it was at 75% the price? (maybe it was 75% off)

Well it's on sale right now.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: August 06, 2012, 12:47:27 am »

I believe someone wanted skyrim when it was at 75% the price? (maybe it was 75% off)

Well it's on sale right now.
It's on sale for 25% off now. A couple of days ago it was 50% off. A bit late, but 75% is cheaper than 100%.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37:11 am »

KG

...wow. Yeah, okay, that was some terrible voice acting.

I still think Spellforce is worse, though. Half the voices are somewhat decent... and then, when you're least expecting it, you get a high schooler reading straight off a script.  ::)

The Mechanical Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Brian Steelhelm the Disciplined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: August 06, 2012, 01:40:20 pm »

I don't know, Two Worlds has pretty bad voice acting...

EDIT: Spellforce has worse.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:42:40 pm by The Mechanical Man »
Quote from: XxoriginxX
The upside is that I have meat stores at around 1200 units now. And the bones... oh, the sweet, sweet bones...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: August 06, 2012, 02:09:52 pm »

nothing can beat the voice of Deckard Cain

Stay a while and listen!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: August 07, 2012, 12:23:52 pm »

Asshats have CS:GO listed as a new release but game doesn't release until 2 weeks from now.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1135