Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462832 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3630 on: July 26, 2012, 08:23:58 pm »

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is coming out August 24, for $40. It's an amazing game, and that's a fair price, especially considering that it comes with additional content. Get it if you like dying and medieval fantasy combat. Kind of like Legend of Zelda +, with heavy influence from Berserk.

While I'm super stoked about this, I haven't actually pre-ordered yet. Something about them having porting issues (is there an echo in here...?) left me feeling a little unsettled. I'd probably pre-order it if I didn't have a backlog of stuff to play and an MMO I'm enjoying. But I'll get it at some point....maybe at the Christmas Sale.  :D

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I've heard lots of great things about Dark Souls, and although I've never played it I really like the style of game... but there's something about a console port, made by developers who have never done a console port before, who have outright admitted it's a direct console port, that makes me more than a little bit nervous.

If it turns out the PC version is incredibly awesome and works flawlessly, I'd consider buying it full-price a few weeks after release. But pre-purchasing it would entail a lot more trust than I'm willing to provide.  :o

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: July 26, 2012, 08:32:14 pm »

nope that game's pc controls suck dick
So do a few of my friends, the're still awesome.  :P

Joking aside, yeah the controls are a bit shoddy, but I managed to adapt to them within an hour or so.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: July 26, 2012, 10:27:01 pm »

Speaking of pre-order, TotalBiscuit did WTF is... on Prototype 2. Long story short: it's a horrible console-port. Do NOT get it.

It should also be said Radical has (is going to very soon?) closed its doors. They might keep a skeleton staff around to do minor updates but....the game won't be receiving much post launch support. At least from the primary developers.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is coming out August 24, for $40. It's an amazing game, and that's a fair price, especially considering that it comes with additional content. Get it if you like dying and medieval fantasy combat. Kind of like Legend of Zelda +, with heavy influence from Berserk.

While I'm super stoked about this, I haven't actually pre-ordered yet. Something about them having porting issues (is there an echo in here...?) left me feeling a little unsettled. I'd probably pre-order it if I didn't have a backlog of stuff to play and an MMO I'm enjoying. But I'll get it at some point....maybe at the Christmas Sale.  :D

I concur, I plan to get dark souls whenever it first goes on sale. 

I am slightly worried over possible bad port as well.  But mainly there is no incentive to preorder and I have a massive massive ton of games to play.  Like seriously I probably have 100-150 games or more that I have not fully exhausted playing yet.  And thus I'll at least wait for it to hit 30$ (If it was 30$ I'd just outright buy it).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:29:48 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:40 am »

I'm interested, but if someone else here asks, they can have it instead of me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: July 27, 2012, 12:44:43 am »

One person buys the pack and gets one copy of the game plus x giftables.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: July 27, 2012, 02:08:19 am »

My interest would also be rather piqued, but if you have people you actually know wanting them, that's fine.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: July 27, 2012, 04:00:34 am »

Same here, I'm interested in joining or forming a BL2 4-pack.

Keep us informed, Taz. I could form another group if enough persons are interested.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: July 27, 2012, 09:32:37 am »

i would be interested in upping a pack.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3638 on: July 27, 2012, 11:05:58 am »

I'd love to do the 4-pack.

Paypal looks relatively painless to use, though I've never used it to transfer money between individuals. It looks like there might be a $1.47 charge for the transfer amount if we're all in the US, but it's fairly ambiguous about how that charge applies.

I count 5 on the forums that are interested, and I'd personally love to pay just $40.50 for it. I'm not sure about doing the actual purchase, though, since I've never had any experience transferring money this way.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: July 27, 2012, 11:15:22 am »

I'd love to do the 4-pack.

Paypal looks relatively painless to use, though I've never used it to transfer money between individuals. It looks like there might be a $1.47 charge for the transfer amount if we're all in the US, but it's fairly ambiguous about how that charge applies.

I count 5 on the forums that are interested, and I'd personally love to pay just $40.50 for it. I'm not sure about doing the actual purchase, though, since I've never had any experience transferring money this way.
we can also send gift money through steam too i believe.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3640 on: July 27, 2012, 11:51:35 am »

I can't find any options to do so.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »

I remember when I did something like this for the Dead Island 4-pack and one of the guys sent me Zimbabwean Dollars in Paypal. It was either Zimbabwe or another ludicriously inflated currency. But yeah, I can attest that Paypal is pretty painless.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: July 27, 2012, 12:22:31 pm »

I'd be interested in getting a four-pack, but only if it were on a good sale. My wallet cringes at the thought of paying $60 right now.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3643 on: July 27, 2012, 12:32:06 pm »

I've got to get to work right now, but if anyone else doesn't want to host the four pack, I'll do it after setting up and researching PayPal. It's $40.50 per copy, and I'll take the money through PayPal. Just add me as a friend on Steam and message me about it - My alias is "Knight of Fools". I'll organize everything else through messages.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: July 27, 2012, 01:20:31 pm »

Woah that's expensive... That's the markdown for bulk? How much is the game if you buy one? I'm not used to having my experience enhanced with console pricing!  ;D

Sounds like a pretty attractive game though...
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1135