Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462410 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3210 on: July 17, 2012, 12:19:43 am »

I haven't heard anyone say anything like that. Of course, I don't use SteamGifts or read the SteamGifts forum.

Hmm, I swear I saw at least two or three threads about the event filled with comments like that on one of those forums.. I will have to look again later.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:39 am »

I spent a weekend at Yellowstone and come back to this? :P

Clearly we are lost without your guidance. Lead us to the promised land!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: July 17, 2012, 12:25:51 am »

I spent a weekend at Yellowstone and come back to this? :P

Clearly we are lost without your guidance. Lead us to the promised land!
Or at least to a nice geology.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: July 17, 2012, 01:37:13 am »

BACK ON TOPIC!

Couple of new flash sales: Pendulo Studios Adventure pack, containing five games (Runaway: A Road Adventure, Runaway, the Dream of the Turtle, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, The Next BIG Thing, and Yesterday), for $14.99.
Also Dungeon Siege III for $4.99.

I have not played any of these, so I can offer no comment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: July 17, 2012, 01:52:16 am »

All I've heard about Dungeon Siege III is that it wasn't near as good as the other 2. I don't have personal experience though, but fans of the others hating it was a bad sign IMO.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: July 17, 2012, 02:16:27 am »

So Dungeon Siege is the fourth flash sale atm yeah? At the moment I see Pendulo, Crysis 2, EU3 and "This game is not available in your region."

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3216 on: July 17, 2012, 02:17:15 am »

Just a note that if you are getting a "game is not available in your region" on one of the flash deals, it is most likely for the dungeon siege series at 75% off, which you can reach by typing it in the search box at the top right. It seems that it is glitching for many people but you can still buy it fine directly.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: July 17, 2012, 02:23:50 am »

Ah I just refreshed the store page and now it shows. I am actually getting it, DS3 was a horrible mess but the pack gives me 1 and 2 which are also horrible messes but actually quite ok Diablo 2 Clones.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: July 17, 2012, 02:29:12 am »

I thought Dungeon Siege 2 was pretty decent for the most part. It was fun making a party instead of just 1 character, and the multiclass possibilities were neat, bordering on OP if you used them properly. If it's on sale and someone wants a nice hack'n'slash with a bit more depth than typical fare, I'd recommend it.

The first one tho... way too much walking. Ugh.

Edit: So you can't buy one game without buying them all. Not sure I'd rate 2 as worth $7.50 these days... Odd choice in forcing a bundle like that. Do not approve.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:33:18 am by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: July 17, 2012, 03:32:19 am »

Europa Universalis 3 is on a flash sale. It's a great game, especially for that price.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: July 17, 2012, 03:39:51 am »

Europa Universalis 3 is on a flash sale. It's a great game, especially for that price.

Very true. I'd buy it if I didn't get EU3 Chronicle for free from Amazon. :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3221 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00:49 am »

Really tempted to get Men of War Assault Squad.... Is the online community still alive?

Last time I checked (a few months ago) there were still some games being played. It's a brutally challenging game - no so much realistic as really unforgiving. It took me several tries to start beating the AI on the very first level. They cram a little bit too much micromanagement on a big theater for me, but I think that's why it's meant to be multiplayer. You're supposed to micromanage fewer units :)

I find you have to be very "aware" to play it decently - the same as IL-2, for instance. It's not your "I wanna rest I'll fire up some MoW: AS" type of game :)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26:16 am »

Dungeon Siege 3 is not worth even $5. Think of it like a linear Diablo that has further limited character development (in terms of class choice/skills selection/attributes/gear selection) and gear variety.

If you want an ARPG, DS2 is far better. Although the skill selection is still somewhat limited compared to D2 (because you're controlling a party rather than individuals), it is a unique take on the genre and - as your power and gear selection approaches as certain threshold - greatly satisfies the desire to steamroll hordes of monsters. The strength of power skills and monster density is what I enjoyed most about the game. It also helps that the world itself is somewhat unique, and with a fairly good variety of enemies.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: July 17, 2012, 08:37:58 am »

Dungeon Siege 3 is not worth even $5. Think of it like a linear Diablo that has further limited character development (in terms of class choice/skills selection/attributes/gear selection) and gear variety.

If you want an ARPG, DS2 is far better. Although the skill selection is still somewhat limited compared to D2 (because you're controlling a party rather than individuals), it is a unique take on the genre and - as your power and gear selection approaches as certain threshold - greatly satisfies the desire to steamroll hordes of monsters. The strength of power skills and monster density is what I enjoyed most about the game. It also helps that the world itself is somewhat unique, and with a fairly good variety of enemies.
This.

I played Dungeon Siege 3, GOING INTO IT KNOWING IT WAS NOT GOING TO BE DS2, and I have to say, it's like playing... a really limited third-person RPG. And limited in just about every way. You pick one of three classes, and then you follow the storyline. You pick up weapons. Sometimes they're better. You get a teammate that follows you and sucks. I don't know if you get any more, but it didn't look that way. It wasn't fun. I've got it. They changed it from a sort overview of a group that you could sort of control or let be easily from one person to another to a single person that you got to control which way to shoot and dodge.

It just misses out on the feel you had with DS and DS2. Seriously, you get 8 teammates to murder everyone. You can build them however you want. The leveling was actually kind of fun. The only part I disliked about DS and DS2 was the map. Sometimes, you get lost. And DON'T QUIT WHILE YOU'RE IN A DUNGEON/SWAMP/FOREST/ICE CAVE/ETC. You will never find your way out. But, you don't get this sense with DS3. It's not even good for being different (from the originals, as there is no unique gameplay to be found in the game). It's just different and bad.

I would much rather they said, "So, how should we make DS3?"
"How about... use the same thing we used last time?"
Hey, it worked. I know DS2 copies DS a lot. But I liked them.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: July 17, 2012, 11:38:47 am »

I agree, I had bought the DS pack a while back, mainly for DS/DSII, but tried DS3.  It only took me 10 minutes to be completely turned off by it.  Normally I try to give a game a chance, but there was almost nothing about DS3 that I remotely liked.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1135