Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462209 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2985 on: July 13, 2012, 05:41:20 pm »

Max pain 3 require 29 gig of hard drive. What... what did they put in there?!?
DRM protection. The remaining 5GB is the game itself.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 13, 2012, 06:09:09 pm »

Max pain 3 require 29 gig of hard drive. What... what did they put in there?!?
DRM protection. The remaining 5GB is the game itself.
LOL SO TRUE...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 13, 2012, 06:33:38 pm »

EDIT EDIT:
And while at it, more buried treasures in the sale: (70%-80% off)
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/wgsag/psa_hidden_sales_on_steam_only_70_to_80_xpost/
I sure hope these stick around until I get home. Ghost Master looks like excellent nostalgia for someone who played Haunting for the Sega Genesis, especially for $1.49. Lots of other good looking games, though some of the prices have raised to 50% now.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 13, 2012, 06:33:38 pm »

I did hear a rumour/theory that a lot of games are uncompressed and "padded" to make it harder to torrent. This of course doesn't factor in digital products but considering the big publisher's current indifferent to the digital market it almost makes sense.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 13, 2012, 06:36:18 pm »

I recall reading somewhere that the pirated version of Shogun 2 was something like 1/3 of the size of the normal because they compressed the video files. Nothing else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 13, 2012, 06:40:28 pm »

That hardly will make it harder to torrent. Just slower.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 13, 2012, 06:47:04 pm »

well if you consider that a whole bunch of people are still stuck on internet plans that have a download/upload limit it becomes harder. Although torrenting is already a one-button deal I would put speed in the "difficulty" of the torrent, hence why it's "harder".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 13, 2012, 06:59:04 pm »

You don't have to do it all at once, though. Download it to a point, stop/freeze the torrent, leave the files where they are, continue it later. Takes longer since it has to recheck the downloaded bits but more more flexible than direct download in that aspect. If you can only download 1 GB of a 5 GB game a week, it'll take you five weeks, but you'll have the entire game eventually, especially if its private tracker based and not likely to lose many seeds thusly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 13, 2012, 07:02:46 pm »

That doesn't sound harder to you?  :-\

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 13, 2012, 07:16:15 pm »

No, because its not trying to work around some absurd restriction. Its just checking up on something routinely until its done, like feeding goldfish. Turn it on in the program (like utorrent), stop it later, repeat until finished.

Now if you had to put your torrent traffic through a specific port everytime and through a proxy, that would be making things difficult.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:17:46 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 13, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

Christ, I can't even get through a transaction with how slow Steam is right now. Keeps timing out.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 13, 2012, 08:23:42 pm »

I had it reject a transaction before but still got charged and the game was in the cart and my library both at the same time. It might be a good idea to double check before trying to resubmit.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 13, 2012, 09:44:47 pm »

Dark Messiah? I wonder if anyone ever plays that multi player any more. It was actually pretty fun back in the day. Probably worth 4 bucks... good over the top single player action too.

Is this a different game that I had played back then? (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic?) I don't recall anything at all about over the top action. The game I remember was basically a bad Bioshock in a fantasy setting: some options for character development in terms of brute force/stealth/spell (and an extremely limited spell selection at that) and every level was small-ish rooms and corridors, virtually no exploration at all.

I vaguely recall fighting an ogre or cyclops at one point, having to use a castle's ballistae in the fight, and the end boss was a bone dragon that was ridiculously easy. The game lasted 6, maybe 10 hours.

Nope, same game, guess we have different opinions or remember differently.

I had situations where I would kick a barrel into someone who would fly into someone else and then they would both go falling off of a cliff. A lot of random hilarious things would happen in the game. There is the ice spell that causes people to fall and slide all over the place, fire ball that sends people soaring impossible distances and once people are in motion there are many items they can collide with and damage.

I would not go as far as to say it is a GOOD game, but it has its moments. Certainly not a genre overly explored (First Person Melee).

Multi player was actually pretty cool though, but I am sure it is dead.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2998 on: July 13, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »

Tribes:ascend has a starter pack on sale for a day, its worthwhile if you like tribes and want to get premium xp.

My tribes referal page: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=2320090&utm_campaign=email
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:21:18 am by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 14, 2012, 01:39:51 am »

Alice: Madness Returns is on flash sale for $4.99. Any recommendations?

ETA: Also looking at a couple of adventure game series by Meridian4: Syberia and Still Life. Has anyone played those?

Also started playing Ys: TOiF. Surprisingly fun and good music. Tempted to get Ys Origin already :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:31:03 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1135