Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1462017 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2775 on: July 09, 2012, 01:19:15 pm »

There's a very good reason why I'm refusing to buy Skyrim or any Bethesda game for that matter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only $59.99 here. I'd be happy to buy it and gift it over to you provided you give me the money.
It's one of those "principal of the matter" things. I just don't see how charging that insane amount for other regions on digital sales can be justified. I've done quite a bit of research on the matter which pretty much devolves into "LOLOL, FUCK YOU!". So I choose to not support those companies, might not make a difference in the end, but wishy thinking and all that.

Capitalism, HO!

My rent went up a couple years ago. My landlord's reasoning was "the market price is higher than what I'm charging you." It had nothing to do with his land taxes going up or anything like that. Someone else was charging more for rent and so he felt justified in raising my rent. Your game prices are high and so Valve feels they can charge more too.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2776 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:04 pm »

I think EYE is the only one in that list I've been interested in getting and haven't because it hasn't been on sale.

EYE: the divine cybermancy? Its a terrible, terrible game. It is made of 100% weapons grade "wtf is this thing?"
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: July 09, 2012, 02:49:41 pm »

There's a very good reason why I'm refusing to buy Skyrim or any Bethesda game for that matter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only $59.99 here. I'd be happy to buy it and gift it over to you provided you give me the money.
It's one of those "principal of the matter" things. I just don't see how charging that insane amount for other regions on digital sales can be justified. I've done quite a bit of research on the matter which pretty much devolves into "LOLOL, FUCK YOU!". So I choose to not support those companies, might not make a difference in the end, but wishy thinking and all that.

Capitalism, HO!

My rent went up a couple years ago. My landlord's reasoning was "the market price is higher than what I'm charging you." It had nothing to do with his land taxes going up or anything like that. Someone else was charging more for rent and so he felt justified in raising my rent. Your game prices are high and so Valve feels they can charge more too.
9/10 times if the local average goes up, so will his taxes... it's speculative, but it's not totally unheard of.  As housing costs go up, so does the tax base to provide more civil services (Police/Fire.)  Land taxes are based on assessed values and if neighboring houses/apartments start going up in value, so will land taxes.  Usually though (as seen through the eyes of a son of a landlord) the landlord will wait till you move out and list the price higher for the next tenant unless taxes are re-evaluated and drastically go up.  A yearly increase is not unheard of though... but it's usually around the percentage of inflation.  If it was more than a few percent, you should probably look for a new place.  (And that's how Capitalism works... if you don't like it, find a cheaper place.  Supply and demand.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: July 09, 2012, 03:09:08 pm »

I was looking at Botanicula the other day. Looks intriguing as a game for the kids, and the artwork is great.
Probably will pick up SpaceChem if it's a couple of bucks.
And hopefully this means the DLCs for Victoria II and Crusader Kings 2 will be Cheapy McCheapo.
Beyond that, meh. I could be tempted to get the WH40K stuff, but I'm more interested in getting a legit copy of Dark Crusade (which I've already beaten with every faction) than anything else.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: July 09, 2012, 03:20:02 pm »

Botanicula is like Machinarium. But less robot and more plant-things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: July 09, 2012, 06:19:28 pm »

I haven't seen many online shops that trade in AUD, it's always converted. I honestly have no idea why this is but I'm going to assume (off nothing) that it has something to do with the strong trade relation between the US and AU. 

It doesn't really make much of a difference since the AUD and USD have basically been 1:1 the last few years. A quick google search tells me it's at 1.01900 USD for 1 AUD.
1 U.S. dollar = 1.25596584 New Zealand dollars. Which is about right, stores over here charge $99.00-$120NZD for new games.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: July 09, 2012, 07:32:46 pm »

If anyone wants Legend of Grimrock, GOG has it on sale.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:50 am »

if anyone doesn't have Magicka yet or is missing some of the DLC, Impulse has it all for 75% off. http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3300
Only a simple mind can be certain.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: July 10, 2012, 11:36:40 am »

if anyone doesn't have Magicka yet or is missing some of the DLC, Impulse has it all for 75% off. http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3300

If you feel like giving money to GameStop and only need Magicka, then sure. Wouldn't be my cup of tea. The Paradox packages are the better deal.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2784 on: July 10, 2012, 11:38:24 am »

Ewww... I stopped using impulse when gamestop took over.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: July 10, 2012, 11:18:52 pm »

If anyone hasn't noticed, Source Filmmaker is available now (for free). I know some people have been pretty excited for it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:50 pm »

I'm fairly sure people noticed when Meet the Pyro came out, but good to know.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: July 10, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »

It didn't come out with Meet the Pyro. It was released today.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: July 11, 2012, 03:09:50 am »

Offer ends at Thursday 10AM PDT.
Gentlemen, that is all.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: July 11, 2012, 03:31:29 am »

Ewww... I stopped using impulse when gamestop took over.

You don't have to use impulse to play most of the games you buy there.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1135