Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461997 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2760 on: July 09, 2012, 04:05:27 am »

http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/steam-summer-sale-2012-bundles-and-game-packs-leaked-13865

Looks like the summer sale is on it's way. 12th july for 11 days with a different indie pack each day. No details on if there is going to be an event accompanying the sale this year so far.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 09, 2012, 04:18:29 am »

Of course the two weeks I'll have virtually no access to internet.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 09, 2012, 05:00:15 am »

http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/steam-summer-sale-2012-bundles-and-game-packs-leaked-13865

Looks like the summer sale is on it's way. 12th july for 11 days with a different indie pack each day. No details on if there is going to be an event accompanying the sale this year so far.

Thanks for the heads up, mate! Here's hoping Skyrim, Hearts of Iron 3, and IL-2:1946 will be greatly discounted...
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2763 on: July 09, 2012, 05:33:36 am »

IL-2 '46 usually gets discounted to $5 or $2.5 as part of the big publisher promotions. It's still only $10, so no worries even if it doesn't :)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 09, 2012, 06:16:42 am »

I expect Skyrim to be on offer for $29.99 for anyone that still doesn't have it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 09, 2012, 08:23:23 am »

There's a very good reason why I'm refusing to buy Skyrim or any Bethesda game for that matter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2766 on: July 09, 2012, 08:31:07 am »

Nothing too impressive that I see. Just a bunch of Indie games I already own or don't want. Again.

Maybe I'll break down and buy Fallout 3 this time around, if it goes low enough.

There's a very good reason why I'm refusing to buy Skyrim or any Bethesda game for that matter.

Ugh, and I thought the price was bad stateside.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 09, 2012, 09:13:26 am »

Awesome, it begins the day before my birthday.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2768 on: July 09, 2012, 09:26:52 am »

Only $59.99 here. I'd be happy to buy it and gift it over to you provided you give me the money.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:51 am »

Steam summer sale games list?
Quote from: RPS
We don’t have prices yet, but here’s what we might possibly potentially maybe perhaps you never know be in for across the first 11 days of the sale, in terms of bundled packs:

Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Baconing, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor.
    Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox,
    Day 3: Bit Trip Beat, Braid, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Runespell Overture,
    Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Atom Zombie Smasher, Blocks that Matter, Sanctum, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP,
    Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
    Day 6: Awesome, Defcon, Space Chem, Ticket to Ride, Trauma
    Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver
    Day 8: Demolition Inc, Hoard, Sol Exodus, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey,
    Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Revenge of the Titans, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash
    Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Beat Hazard, Bit trip Runner, Eufloria, Machinarium
    Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform, World of Goo

Day 4 would be my major pick there. Then ALLEGEDLY ALRIGHT ALLEGEDLY we’ll also be seeing this stuff go through the atom price-smasher:

1C Collection Pack
    Adam’s Venture Complete Bundle Retail
    Anno 2070 Pack
    Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
    Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)
    Bioshock Franchise Pack
    BIT.TRIP.BEAT Bundle
    BIT.TRIP.RUNNER Bundle
    Carpe Fulger Bundle (Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners)
    Civilization Collection
    Command and Conquer Franchise
    Dawn of War Franchise Pack
    Dead Island Complete
    Duke Nukem Bundle
    Foreign Legion Bundle
    Kalypso Collection (Tropico, Jagged Alliance, Airline Tycoon, etc)
    Majesty Franchise
    Paradox Collection (Magicka + dlcs, Mount and Blade, etc)
    Pendulo Adventure Pack
    Railworks 3 – Summer Sale Collection
    Red Orchestra Franchise Pack (ROW)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
    Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
    Sniper Elite Franchise Pack
    Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
    Stardock Collection Pack
    Strategy First Complete Pack
    Sword of the Stars Franchise
    THQ Collection (Dawn of War, Warhammer, Stalker, Nexuiz, Darksiders, Metro 2033, etc)
    Total War: Shogun 2 Pack
    Victoria Franchise
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
    Wings of Prey
Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/09/steam-summer-sale-leaked/
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 09, 2012, 09:57:23 am »

It got linked about 10 posts ago.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 09, 2012, 10:25:52 am »

I think EYE is the only one in that list I've been interested in getting and haven't because it hasn't been on sale.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:38 am »

Only $59.99 here. I'd be happy to buy it and gift it over to you provided you give me the money.
It's one of those "principal of the matter" things. I just don't see how charging that insane amount for other regions on digital sales can be justified. I've done quite a bit of research on the matter which pretty much devolves into "LOLOL, FUCK YOU!". So I choose to not support those companies, might not make a difference in the end, but wishy thinking and all that.

I think EYE is the only one in that list I've been interested in getting and haven't because it hasn't been on sale.
It's an interesting game. I suppose you could call it the spiritual sequel (read: not prequel) to Dues Ex. It's not a flawless game and it's rather ugly to be honest, but the gun play is solid and the RPG elements are done well. Got a little bit of the roguelike feel in her. 
The first mission is horrible though so try not to judge the game on that. It took a bit of a gruel to get through it but it does get better throughout.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:10 am »

I'm confused. Shouldn't it be 89.99 of your (presumably Australian) currency and not 89.99 USD?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 09, 2012, 11:12:27 am »

I haven't seen many online shops that trade in AUD, it's always converted. I honestly have no idea why this is but I'm going to assume (off nothing) that it has something to do with the strong trade relation between the US and AU. 

It doesn't really make much of a difference since the AUD and USD have basically been 1:1 the last few years. A quick google search tells me it's at 1.01900 USD for 1 AUD.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 1135