Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461963 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2730 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »

So, Rock of Ages on midweek madness at $3.40. Worth it? I've seen a lot of talk but don't actually know what the game is, at all.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: July 03, 2012, 10:15:59 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: July 04, 2012, 12:05:20 am »

So, Rock of Ages on midweek madness at $3.40. Worth it? I've seen a lot of talk but don't actually know what the game is, at all.

Yes. It is worth it. Tower Defense meets Monty Python Animation meets Crushing Everything with a Giant Boulder. It's not a long game but it is super fun. Recommend. Also epic-weird boss battles.

Another video (of someone who is bad at it).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:16:55 am by kinseti »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: July 04, 2012, 03:55:21 am »

I'm surprised this thread isn't full of "when will the Summer Sale start?"-speculation. It seems to be all over the internet and I've caught it too. I love the promotions to bits, mostly because of the Treasure Hunt portions as I get to travel around my game catalogue and play more of the games I had already forgot about or stopped playing.

The sales bring even more value to my Steam account and give me more cheap games, so why can't it start alreadyyyy?

EDIT: Oh there was some of it on earlier pages. My point still stands.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:58:24 am by LASD »

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: July 04, 2012, 04:28:37 am »

My personal favorite is this tinfoil-hat type prediction, and the highest voted comment there too.

I do hope it's the 5th though.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: July 04, 2012, 04:58:46 am »

Any opinions on Overlord series? I remember playing the demo and it was fun but I didn't play long enough to make a proper judgment.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: July 04, 2012, 05:15:49 am »

Now, I know its not a sale that's actually on steam although since it is a online game sale, I figure its close enough: the Plentiful Paradox Pack is back on amazon (as well as a new Plethora of Paradox Pack) , its not as good as it was (they took away the coupon for EU III for example), but its still a great deal if you don't already have the majority of the games in question.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&tag=checksum-20&linkCode=ur2&docId=1000716161&camp=1789&creative=390957
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2737 on: July 04, 2012, 05:25:31 am »

Any opinions on Overlord series? I remember playing the demo and it was fun but I didn't play long enough to make a proper judgment.

They are definately fun, the first more so than the second for me. There were a few points in both games where the camera would get into awkward positions while you were controling your minions at a distance, but otherwise I don't recall any glaring problems.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: July 04, 2012, 07:59:25 am »

Definitely fun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PieWeLike

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: July 04, 2012, 05:01:32 pm »

Valve, Y U NO STEAM SALE?
The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: July 04, 2012, 05:35:38 pm »

Valve, Y U NO STEAM SALE?

It's on Gamersgate and Amazon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: July 04, 2012, 05:40:30 pm »

My personal favorite is this tinfoil-hat type prediction, and the highest voted comment there too.

Wow, yeah, I like this guy's style.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: July 04, 2012, 06:19:37 pm »

Either redditors are genius, or insane. Probably both.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: July 04, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »

Perhaps he should cross reference his theory with a Da Vinci painting or the Declaration of Independence... in a room filled with newspaper clippings of course.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: July 04, 2012, 07:41:53 pm »

Perhaps he should cross reference his theory with a Da Vinci painting or the Declaration of Independence... in a room filled with newspaper clippings of course.
The last picture in the Earthworm Jim 3D is a new picture featuring two SALE flags. You can tell it's new by the quality in relation to the other pictures.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 1135