Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461688 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2565 on: June 08, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »

Just out of curiosity. How many people here have actually managed to make it through the entire duration of a Paradox game campaign without self quitting out of boredom? Because if we're just going to lop everything together, they're either going to need to shorten every age by 50 - 70% or add a time skip button.
I've completed at least three full CK1 campaigns: Sicily, Aquitania, Mega-Russia-Byzantium (what I like to dub the Holy Orthodox Empire)
A couple of EU2 campaigns
Three EU3 grand campaigns: Sweden->Scandinavia and Bihar->Hindustan, China (pre-Divine Wind)
Several Victoria 1 campaigns: Two Sicilies, Spain, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, USA, Sweden, China
No Victoria 2 campaigns in full yet, just because I haven't had it that long. I have imports of my Scandinavia and Hindustan games from EU3 going right now.
Finished out HoI2 once as Germany, once as USA, once as a fascist USA, once as Japan.
Haven't completed a full HoI3 GC yet.

Now that the CK1->EU3 converter is solidly working, I intend to take my Aquitania and Holy Orthodox Empire games, play them out in EU3, import them to Victoria 2, play them out there, then hopefully export to HoI 3 for the coup de grace, if I haven't already taken over the world. Then I'll import the final product into Aurora.  :P
Can you actually do this? My god, I need these games now.
Several of the original games had import/export functions built in (CK1->EU2 and Victoria->HoI2). Paradox has kind of abandoned that with the more recent iterations, but I think this is partially because they know the community will hack up converters on their own. There's a very workable CK: Deus Vult -> EU3: Divine Wind converter now, and a workable (still a bit glitchy) EU3 -> Victoria 2 converter (I've exported my Scandinavia and Hindustan games and it worked pretty well). There's also work being done on CK2-> EU3 and Vic2->HoI3 converters but I'm not sure what their status is since I haven't needed one yet. The best thing is that these converters tend to all be rule-based using easily modified text files and XLS spreadsheets, so they're user-configurable. If you feel like the importer winds up with ahistorically high levels of industrialization, you can tweak the files to lower that. If you want blobbing, you can have blobbing. If you want the import to break blobs up into tons of puppet/vassal states, you can do that too.

GGC (Grand Grand Campaign) is the only way to play, IMHO...go big or go home.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: June 08, 2012, 06:47:53 pm »

I caved and bought CKII. Not sure I like this particular kind of strategy game, but I barely got through the tutorial in the demo. (Damn you job, quit interfering with my ability to absorb new gaming!) And all the patricide and what not just sounds like too much fun.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: June 08, 2012, 07:20:50 pm »

I'm interested in getting CKII (and its ilk) from what you all have been saying about it though I'm probably going to have to wait and see whether it dips further than 50% off if I want to afford it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: June 08, 2012, 08:50:42 pm »

I recommend you read some lets plays for CK2 before you really get into it, so you get some idea of what you can and cannot do. I recommend the one called I want to be Basilieus.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:58 pm »

There's also a demo that while limited to three characters gives you a taste of what the core mechanics of the game is about.

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: June 09, 2012, 01:20:43 pm »

Mount and Blade on sale, 75% off, all 4 games (well, 3 and the dlc for warband) for 9 dollars. Do yourself a favor and buy now.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2571 on: June 09, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »

Mount and Blade on sale, 75% off, all 4 games (well, 3 and the dlc for warband) for 9 dollars. Do yourself a favor and buy now.

What he said.  If you must buy only one, get Warband.  It got the improvements that really should have been a content patch to the original, and it's the one most mods support.

KG

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: June 09, 2012, 02:07:53 pm »

What he said.  If you must buy only one, get Warband.  It got the improvements that really should have been a content patch to the original, and it's the one most mods support.

KG
If you must only buy one, you're losing out.
Warband is $5. The complete package is $8.74.
You're paying for the discounted price of Warband and the original, and getting the Warband DLC and With Fire & Sword for free.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 09, 2012, 04:13:07 pm »

Good to see you guys are on top of things. I came here to post about the M&B collection, but I see there is no need. :)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #2574 on: June 10, 2012, 01:24:00 pm »

I caved and bought CKII. Not sure I like this particular kind of strategy game, but I barely got through the tutorial in the demo. (Damn you job, quit interfering with my ability to absorb new gaming!) And all the patricide and what not just sounds like too much fun.

Two days later it's now 75% off Gabe Newell hates you.

In other news, Crusader Kings series is 75% off.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: June 10, 2012, 01:31:25 pm »

That includes all the erroneous DLC that people didn't get in the Amazon sale.

Though the DLC is kinda lame. Still, they're like cents each.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 10, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »

Two days later it's now 75% off Gabe Newell hates you.

In other news, Crusader Kings series is 75% off.

And it looks like my waiting has paid off! Surprisingly small download sizes to boot.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: June 10, 2012, 02:36:33 pm »

Woot!  I was hoping that one would come on sale. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: June 10, 2012, 03:06:45 pm »

Now that I've got CK 2 and Victoria 2 (did you get that with steam, I did with Amazon  :P), I'd really like to see EU 3 and HOI 3 on sale, so I can run the Grand Grand Campaign.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: June 10, 2012, 04:16:47 pm »

Anyone else buy the M&B Collection? I can't seem to find the Napoleonic DLC in my library, despite it clearly being listed as part of the collection.
Time to compose an angry e-mail and send it somewhere I guess...

Edit. My bad. Seems to install together with WB.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:19:02 pm by Svampapa »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 1135