Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461576 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2490 on: June 02, 2012, 02:06:21 am »

I keep hearing Psychonauts is awesome, but never why.

Why is Psychonauts so awesome?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: June 02, 2012, 05:05:44 am »

Because it just is! The characters, the places, the plot, the graphics, the musics. Everything!

I would have already bought this bunble if I had not already bought all these awesome games. Rah! :D
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: June 02, 2012, 08:17:33 am »

I keep hearing Psychonauts is awesome, but never why.

Why is Psychonauts so awesome?
It's a well-written story with wonderful characters, voice actors, and environment. The way everything is combined make for a fun and entertaining experience.

Also, it is hilarious.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 02, 2012, 08:22:56 am »

It is much more fun and silly than its initial not-entirely-successful release made it out to be.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 02, 2012, 03:46:38 pm »

Only real problem I had with psychonauts were the slightly wonky camera controls (especially when they caused me to jump to my death).
It did bug me a bit that it introduces so many unique, interesting characters, but you only get to interact with each of them a little bit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: June 02, 2012, 04:00:20 pm »

Only real problem I had with psychonauts were the slightly wonky camera controls (especially when they caused me to jump to my death).
It did bug me a bit that it introduces so many unique, interesting characters, but you only get to interact with each of them a little bit.
That was something I didn't like either. There were a lot of characters, and they were all cool in their own way.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2496 on: June 03, 2012, 03:29:19 pm »

Saints Row: The Third is $16.99. I've never played any of the series, but with that price for a fairly recently released game, I might jump into it. From what I'm reading, it's an over-the-top GTA-esque game with dildo bats.

Which is kind of the issue I have with it: I prefer my entertainment not throwing profanity and naked bits every few seconds if I can help it. I know this is fairly relative, but how far do they push the Mature rating in the game?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: June 03, 2012, 03:39:12 pm »

I haven't played it so take this with a grain of salt...probably not much farther than Witcher/Witcher 2? In terms of language the sky is pretty much the limit. But there is a fine line when it comes to nudity and sexual mini-games.

Just bear in mind that the swearing and what not in GTA games, while it can be over the top, usually it's cinematic. In SR, it's kitsch. So there's going to be lots of un-fucking-necessary swearing. And probably boobies with tassles on them and latex and hooker boots galore. But outright nudity? In America? Why I never! Who do you think we are, Europe?! :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 03, 2012, 03:44:47 pm »

I haven't played it so take this with a grain of salt...probably not much farther than Witcher/Witcher 2? In terms of language the sky is pretty much the limit. But there is a fine line when it comes to nudity and sexual mini-games.

Just bear in mind that the swearing and what not in GTA games, while it can be over the top, usually it's cinematic. In SR, it's kitsch. So there's going to be lots of un-fucking-necessary swearing. And probably boobies with tassles on them and latex and hooker boots galore. But outright nudity? In America? Why I never! Who do you think we are, Europe?! :P
Who called us Europe? Because I'm prepared to go to war with anyone that calls us Europe!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 03, 2012, 03:51:47 pm »

Who called us Europe? Because I'm prepared to go to war with anyone that calls us Europe!

"Git that sumbitch!"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2500 on: June 03, 2012, 04:00:31 pm »

Thanks. I'm leaning towards "nhaw" right now, but, again, I've heard good things about it. I'll look more into it when I have time, I just don't have much of that right now. Which is kind of a silly time to buy a game, but $17 is hard to pass up for a fun game.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2501 on: June 03, 2012, 04:13:49 pm »

Thanks. I'm leaning towards "nhaw" right now, but, again, I've heard good things about it. I'll look more into it when I have time, I just don't have much of that right now. Which is kind of a silly time to buy a game, but $17 is hard to pass up for a fun game.
SR3 is a fun game. Don't let the words of someone who hasn't even played it sway you from trying it if you are interested.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2502 on: June 03, 2012, 04:25:21 pm »

Have you played it?

If so, could you tell me how "bad" the swearing and sexualization is? My gaming life is rather public, and I'd rather not be throwing anything excessive around, especially since I'm not fond of the stuff myself. If they're cursing like it's a contest, hooking up with hookers is required by the game mechanics (IE, healing), and folks are throwing around their body like the world's suddenly a peep show, I'm not interested. I don't mind mild amounts of that stuff in a game, but it can ruin my fun by sheer volume of discomfort if it's gratuitous.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2503 on: June 03, 2012, 04:55:08 pm »

Have you played it?

If so, could you tell me how "bad" the swearing and sexualization is? My gaming life is rather public, and I'd rather not be throwing anything excessive around, especially since I'm not fond of the stuff myself. If they're cursing like it's a contest, hooking up with hookers is required by the game mechanics (IE, healing), and folks are throwing around their body like the world's suddenly a peep show, I'm not interested. I don't mind mild amounts of that stuff in a game, but it can ruin my fun by sheer volume of discomfort if it's gratuitous.
There is nothing visually explicit about the game, and you don't heal by visiting hookers but the theme of the entire game is rather adult. I mean there is a weapon which is just a massive purple dildo, and one of the missions involves rescuing a pimp from forced pony bondage. The swearing and other adult language is fairly commonplace. If you have no choice but to play where others can hear you and they can't stand mature themes and language, you're probably better off skipping it.

My advice is to get some headphones.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 03, 2012, 05:00:11 pm »

Have you played it?

SR3 is NOT for you.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 1135