Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461414 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2400 on: May 17, 2012, 11:00:36 pm »

Ewww, Ubisoft. What a waste of a publisher sale.
Hey this is where ubisoft was awesome don't be hating.

WAS awesome. Buying their older games supports their current schemes. Stop giving them money to make more awful.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: May 17, 2012, 11:07:05 pm »

Wasn't Ubisoft the publisher said that they weren't going to fund anymore pc exclusives because of piracy?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 17, 2012, 11:15:18 pm »

WAS awesome. Buying their older games supports their current schemes. Stop giving them money to make more awful.
It also informs them that they used to make good stuff and might want to do that some more.

Wasn't Ubisoft the publisher said that they weren't going to fund anymore pc exclusives because of piracy?
I'm not sure I believe that had anything to do with it, unless they're genuinely under the impression that PC exclusive sales don't outstrip available for everything sales because PC ones are stealable. Which, given their track record is entirely possible, I suppose.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 18, 2012, 09:37:40 am »

It also informs them that they used to make good stuff and might want to do that some more.

I'm not sure I believe that had anything to do with it, unless they're genuinely under the impression that PC exclusive sales don't outstrip available for everything sales because PC ones are stealable. Which, given their track record is entirely possible, I suppose.

They've said so numerous times. Whether it's justified or not. "Game X won't be on PC because PC gamers are a bunch of pirates". They crazy, yo.

Example: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/24/ubisoft-i-am-alive-skipping-pc-because-its-not-worth-it/

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 18, 2012, 10:30:48 am »

They don't bother to support the older games so how would it inform them of anything other than "people are giving us money so we must be doing something right." Even if you look at the "vote with your money" side of things you're talking about thousands in unit sales of $5 games versus hundreds of thousands in unit sales of $60 games.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 18, 2012, 03:07:17 pm »

I understand diablo 3 has that whole "If anything at all happens to your internet or out servers, you can't play" DRM. DOes the steam version also have that? Because there is no way in hell I am gonna buy it if that's the case.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2406 on: May 18, 2012, 03:08:31 pm »

I understand diablo 3 has that whole "If anything at all happens to your internet or out servers, you can't play" DRM. DOes the steam version also have that? Because there is no way in hell I am gonna buy it if that's the case.
I don't think there is a steam version of Diablo 3...

Or any diablo game, for that matter

or any blizzard game.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 18, 2012, 03:15:12 pm »

You can register or buy Blizzard games at battle.net. Kinda like Steam in a way.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 18, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »

You can register or buy Blizzard games at battle.net. Kinda like Origin in a way.

In case anyone misses the implications.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 18, 2012, 07:04:44 pm »

Correct, no Blizzard game is on Steam, which is great because I don't want to know how many hours I have pissed away on D3 this week. Productivity = zed
Only a simple mind can be certain.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 18, 2012, 09:04:19 pm »

They crazy, yo.
I guess that sums that up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 20, 2012, 03:06:37 pm »

They've said so numerous times. Whether it's justified or not. "Game X won't be on PC because PC gamers are a bunch of pirates". They crazy, yo.

Example: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/24/ubisoft-i-am-alive-skipping-pc-because-its-not-worth-it/

I liked the last part of that article.

Transcribed for the lazy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 22, 2012, 02:12:28 pm »

The thief games 1 and 2 were both added to steam. They are also on sale for 5$ each or 13$ for the collection.

Are the games good?

EDIT: Also Dead Island is on sale for $12 if you were interested in that. Although from what I heard it's not so great.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:14:37 pm by Whitefoxsniper »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 22, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »

Thief 1 and 2 are considered the grandfathers of modern stealth gameplay. The graphics are fairly dated, but no game really does light and shadow mechanics or noise mechanics like Thief. The game is actually about stealing too. Combat is de-emphasized and pilfering is the name of the game.

They're both classics for good reason. And Garrett is just a total badass.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 22, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »

Dead Island is worth $12 as the gameplay is at least novel enough to give you a good time for a few hours. Some people like it and some people don't, but for a decent FPS(stabber mostly) it's a good deal. Crafting weapons can be fun and hacking up zombies is great. Just be aware that there are very few firearms(and almost no ammo) for the first half of the game, so picking a firearm class can be a let down initially.

Also, the game is not for older computers.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1135