Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1461049 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #2190 on: March 24, 2012, 01:17:19 pm »

The Deus Ex games 75% off? Do yourself a favor and buy them.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 24, 2012, 02:01:56 pm »

Fallout collection is on sale: -66% on Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics; discounted both alone and in the pack. That puts each at $3.39, bundle for $6.79 in the US. That's a pretty good deal, if you want to buy those games.
I would have missed it if you wouldn't have posted it.
I got Fallout Tactics as I didn't really like the other two.

Also, Hitman Blood Money, worth 5 euros?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:04:20 pm by Dutchling »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:03 pm »

Yep, I loved it. There's alot of creativity in how you can complete missions, and it's just an all-around fun game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 24, 2012, 03:46:44 pm »

Fallout collection is on sale: -66% on Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics; discounted both alone and in the pack. That puts each at $3.39, bundle for $6.79 in the US. That's a pretty good deal, if you want to buy those games.

I picked up the CD's some years back for around $5. I think it came with the Tactics rules for tabletop wargaming. Fallout is worth it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 24, 2012, 04:01:00 pm »

The Deus Ex games 75% off? Do yourself a favor and buy them.
Shit, what was the second one last time it was on sale? I may have gotten ripped off by getting it at -50% or -66%.

Don't think the first was on sale at the time, though. I'll have to snatch it up now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 24, 2012, 04:26:48 pm »

Yep, I loved it. There's alot of creativity in how you can complete missions, and it's just an all-around fun game.
Just to give an example: in an early mission your target is an opera singer during a sort of open rehearsal. You can ambush him in his dressing room with any weapon you can think of (firearms, knife, hammer, nail gun, fiber wire, poison syringe, etc). You can snipe him from a balcony during the rehearsal. You can set a remote-detonated explosive somewhere. You can replace a fake gun prop with a real one, thus setting some poor stage extra to pull the trigger. Or...you can take that stage extra's costume, and kill the target in front of the audience and it will be dismissed as an accident.

That's in one mission, for one target. I'm sure there are other methods I haven't even considered.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 24, 2012, 04:34:38 pm »

Just to give an example: in an early mission your target is an opera singer during a sort of open rehearsal. You can ambush him in his dressing room with any weapon you can think of (firearms, knife, hammer, nail gun, fiber wire, poison syringe, etc). You can snipe him from a balcony during the rehearsal. You can set a remote-detonated explosive somewhere. You can replace a fake gun prop with a real one, thus setting some poor stage extra to pull the trigger. Or...you can take that stage extra's costume, and kill the target in front of the audience and it will be dismissed as an accident.

That's in one mission, for one target. I'm sure there are other methods I haven't even considered.

You forgot dropping the stage lights on him, shooting him from backstage, and pushing him down stairs. Anyone can be pushed down stairs for awesomely lethal 'accidental' deaths. If you time it just right, you can kill people as they go down gentle inclines or single-step stairways. I had pushing people down to an art.

And if you get good at throwing knives and remote-detonated bombs? You can kill anyone anywhere.

It's much better than the other games in the series IMO.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 24, 2012, 04:54:42 pm »

I didn't even know you could push people down stairs to kill them. I knew you could push them into water to drown them though.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2198 on: March 24, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »

I found one of the Hitmans super boring - it might've been the first one. I seem to recall some asian restaurant in the first mission?

I might be interested in this version if it has a bit more action. The descriptions you guys made sure sound interesting... :) I think my problem is I just can't be bothered to wait long for something to happen. Timeskip usually helps, or at least a save feature. Would anyone be so kind as to give their thoughts on whether I'd like this Hitman: Blood Money?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 24, 2012, 05:07:25 pm »

I don't recall an Asian restaurant in Blood Money, so I don't think that's the one you're thinking of.

Now, there's not much action in Hitman unless you blow your cover. The primary goal is still to sneak around and eliminate your targets without getting caught. You can save a certain number of times per mission depending on difficulty level (unlimited times on easiest, never on hardest), but there's no timeskip. So you still frequently end up waiting around for stuff to happen, but there's nothing stopping you from gunning down everyone in your way (except terrible scores).

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 24, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »

It was the first one and I believe it was revisited in a later game. The first game was revolutionary at the time, but doesn't hold up as well now due to the clunky mechanics. Still a worthy classic imho.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 24, 2012, 08:39:35 pm »

Is The Last Remnant any good? Doesn't appear to have the greatest score though it still looks interesting (might note that the pc version seems to have a higher rating for some reason). Could have sworn I'd played something with a similar name but looking at the screenshots it doesn't look familiar.
Supreme Commander 2?
Front Mission Evolved? (pity its not turn based like previous games I've played of this series)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 24, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »

I had the Xbox 360 version of Last Remnant. I can't say much about it beyond that I couldn't play it for more than 10 minutes before ragequitting for some asinine reason so I can't give a good estimate as to it's actual quality.

From what I can remember, since I don't have it anymore, is that the combat wasn't very fulfilling, alot of perfectly good words were re-purposed to fit as some stupid battle mechanic name (which just pissed me off for no reason), the opening story seemed very contrived, and there were invisible walls galore. I just wanted to explore the bazaar, but invisible wall says no. I don't like that.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 24, 2012, 09:11:16 pm »

The Last Remnant's alright, but I certainly wouldn't rate it as being worth $25. The most notable cons to me were the anti-grinding mechanic (Party level does nothing other than make it harder to gain stats) and the strange system of giving orders (You have a few options per squad each turn, and healing might not be an option when you really need to heal, right now). I didn't get particularly far in it, but it was amusing using a dozen party members kill a swarm of monsters led by a dragon.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2204 on: March 25, 2012, 04:08:19 pm »

Is Dungeon Siege 3 as mindless as the first one?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1135