Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460717 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1995 on: February 29, 2012, 03:04:26 am »

Taking over politically is just as corrupting and over powered as it should be  :D

"I don't like you, so you are exiled from this town"

Free tax money for myself!

'All you guards. You mind not going near this building I'm about to storm with 10 people?"

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 02, 2012, 09:22:17 am »

Saints Row 3 and Payday are on sale.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 02, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is on super cheap today if you don't already have it.

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/2600/

Edit:  Here is a representative screenshot in case you aren't sure its your kind of game.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:24:37 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 02, 2012, 01:28:29 pm »

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is on super cheap today if you don't already have it.

Edit:  Here is a representative screenshot in case you aren't sure its your kind of game.
Any reason for me to get it? Any good? They aren't the sparkly vampires, are they?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 02, 2012, 01:36:15 pm »

Any reason for me to get it? Any good? They aren't the sparkly vampires, are they?

I really enjoyed it.  Its a little dated, but the atmosphere and voice acting are well done.  There aren't sparkly vampires, but there are Biker Hobo Vampires, Ranting Crazy Vampires, Deformed Nosferatu vampires and Leaping Chinese vampires.

Also it has ghosts.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 02, 2012, 01:57:01 pm »

World of Darkness vampires are the antithesis of the sparkling vampire. The game itself is good. While not being an open world format like we're very used to these days, it compensates by having the world be detailed and interesting, in a dark and gothic way. The game is a little overly sexualized, but it doesn't detract from it so much as make it seem just a little crass at times.

It's got a good RPG system that you'll enjoy developing your character in. Honestly VtM:B is one of the best RPGs of the last 15 years to me, and while it's not at the caliber of Planescape, it's not far behind. Compared to Skyrim's dozens of generic ass NPCs who you won't remember the names of, who barely stand out other NPCS, all the NPCs in Bloodlines have character, pathos and personality.

So go buy it already.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 02, 2012, 02:21:54 pm »

The last third of the game really does suck, although the rest of it is pretty top notch stuff.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »

Also it has ghosts.

Fuck that hotel, man.  Fuck that god damn hotel.

...Yeah, this is a pretty good one. 
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 02, 2012, 03:22:22 pm »

The last third of the game really does suck, although the rest of it is pretty top notch stuff.

Eh. People exaggerate how much the sewer section really is of the whole game. Sure it's long compared to the rest of the game's areas, but it's not like it's a set piece that gets repeated more than the one time you visit.

The
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
are not great either....but again they're small, ugly parts of an otherwise great game.

I like the game enough that tbh those sections have never really bothered me enough to remember them. I'd say those bad parts amount to 10% of the whole game, not 1/3rd. The end of the game is less enjoyable, but only because everything else has been finished and you know the ride is about to end.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:25:40 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 02, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »

The very last bits of the game are honestly pretty terrible, not really the sewers, the park is about where it starts, then suddenly you're for the most part stuck on even more of a road and you go along mostly featureless interconnected fight rooms before two bosses and the ending.

I feel the game is awesome, but pretty much anyone playing it should be ready for the dive at the end.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 02, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »

It's worth noting the fan patch slightly addresses the crappiness of the end of the game. At least it cleans up the final boss fight so it's not a total train wreck.

(It's still a train wreck though.)

It does wonders for the rest of the game.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 02, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

Oh wow really? My first playthrough was WITH the fan patch. Though admittedly doped up on far too many painkillers because huge kidney stones.

Holy shit must the default of been TERRIBLE.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 02, 2012, 05:17:05 pm »

You guys aren't making me want to play :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 02, 2012, 05:23:17 pm »

Oh. Well Ill say, bloodlines is pretty awesome in my opinion. Though yes, the endgame is pretty lacking, but the ride is worth it. Worth more than the $5 they're charging today at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 02, 2012, 05:42:02 pm »

Agreed.

Holy shit must the default of been TERRIBLE.

Based on the smoothness of the animations, LOD on textures, crashing, performance.....yeah. It was a rocky first few nights. The boss fight was physically impossible for most people to finish. I think I beat it because the boss glitched out into the ground and died.

Their emergency patch cleaned up most of the critical issues. The fan patch smoothed out the animations and restored all the content that was cut from the final release.

The only reason people talk about Bloodlines' faults so much is because it was the only thing preventing a great game from being a freaking amazing game. Whether you're a White Wolf (Vampire the Masquerade) Fan or not, the game is a good and soulful RPG. And it's slathered in all the lore from the table top games where ever it can be added. I was seriously impressed, being a WW fan, how much time Troika took to make sure things about the World of Darkness were expressed to the player. Even if some of them were only done through loading screens.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:44:55 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1135