Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460542 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1785 on: December 30, 2011, 05:14:42 pm »

I thought the Magic game was actually quite nice. Until after 3 hours or so when I realized you can't speed up the turns... Theeeennnn yeah.... wasn't so fun any more.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1786 on: December 30, 2011, 05:15:17 pm »

So there's no sense buying MtG unless you're going to take up playing the card game IRL?

I was always interested in the game, but never had the money or the people to actually play cards.
the MtG game is fun on its own. They're saying the game is more fun with real cards playing against real people.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: December 30, 2011, 06:12:18 pm »

Yeah, I eventually decided on New Vegas without DLC, and SpaceChem.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: December 30, 2011, 08:07:51 pm »

So there's no sense buying MtG unless you're going to take up playing the card game IRL?

I was always interested in the game, but never had the money or the people to actually play cards.

Being (or had been) a MtG player myself I'd say rather than buy the video game, while it might be cheaper overall, find where tournaments are being held in your area. Essentially you do a free signup for a MtG membership card and you'll get booster packs for cheaper than normal during the tournament at the store in question. Or at least thats how it works in my area. For example at the store where I did the weekly Friday tournaments the boosters you use for the tourney are like 25% off and everything else MtG related was 10% or something like that.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: December 31, 2011, 12:47:42 am »

Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena and Butcher Bay, classics, a steal, get it damnit.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: December 31, 2011, 01:28:47 am »

I ended up trying the Civ V demo when Civ V came out, being unhappy with it for mostly the same reasons I got bored with Civ IV (lots of time waiting for things to happen, hitting next turn, lots of micromanagement of workers, etc), and now I have CivRev instead. No workers to micromanage, units build much faster, and some other things are simplified as well, but they kept culture and culture-flipping and even added back caravans (which is odd, since those almost need micromanaging) and the spaceships similar to how like they were in Civ II. The diplomacy and lack of options (for world size, for instance) when setting up a game are the only things I think are a bit weak. Oh, and the advisors talk in nonsense words like they're characters in Spore, with text bubbles showing the real text.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: December 31, 2011, 04:35:00 am »

I've won -50% Nordic Games ticket (it's all Gothic series including Arcania, The Guild II with expansions, Painkiller series and Spellforce series), is anyone interested in it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: December 31, 2011, 08:49:27 am »

I grabbed MTG: DotP because while I was never into Magic (or any other CCG, other than perhaps SJ Games' Illuminati: NWO), I enjoyed the hell out of the old Microprose MTG game.

And I'm a married guy with who has a job and doesn't live in his parents' basement, so having the time and inclination to get out to tournaments (not to mention the cash outlay to be spending on decks) is non-existent.

I'm curious to see how good the AI is. The AI on the Microprose game was pretty good but occasionally made lolwut type errors, like nuking their own card or casting a heal on me (and not in a situation where an enchantment would give them bonus mana from it or anything). Played the beginning match last night and was faring poorly against the computer (partly due to the starter deck being made of fail and partly due to my unfamiliarity with all the new rules and card types). I was disappointed they didn't have the "build your deck by travelling around and fighting against weaker critters" type of campaign like in the original.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1793 on: December 31, 2011, 04:16:04 pm »

New sales are up, too lazy to post them :P

Get Magicka and Bioshock for sure if you don't already have them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: December 31, 2011, 04:24:39 pm »

$5 for Bioshock 2? Yeah, I think I'm all over that one.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 31, 2011, 04:29:50 pm »

Okay, I'll volunteer:

-75% Hitman franchise
-75% Bioshock and Bioshock 2
-75% Counterstrike franchise
-75% LA Noire
-50% Dead Island
-75% HOARD
-75% Grid
-50% to -75% Might and Magic franchise
-66% Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale
-75% Magicka
-50% Rochard
-75% BIT.TRIP RUNNER and BIT.TRIP BEAT

I have nothing to say, because I don't know half of those games.

HOARD seems mildly interesting, but I don't have much more than its price... anyone know much about it?
EDIT: Scratch that, I do appear to be out of money for this holiday season
EDIT THE SECOND:
All in all, a good haul, IMO. I still need to play most of them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:37:02 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 31, 2011, 04:38:43 pm »

Ok, I see the first X-COM game on steam, and recall having a hellish time getting it to run and ultimately giving up. Am I gonna have to go through that again, or is the steam version instantly playable and available for a 32-bit computer?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 31, 2011, 04:41:10 pm »

The Steam version comes with DosBox pre-setup. It works perfectly.

LA Noire: Good game supposedly, but I won't buy it because purchasing it won't actually support the creators.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 31, 2011, 04:52:25 pm »

LA Noire: Good game supposedly, but I won't buy it because purchasing it won't actually support the creators.

What?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 31, 2011, 05:37:04 pm »

The Steam version comes with DosBox pre-setup. It works perfectly.

Seconded. A fine replacement for my long-ago-lost 3.5" floppies. Not that I have a drive to even use them if I had them.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1134