Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460496 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1770 on: December 29, 2011, 05:32:23 pm »

Yeah, I think the Assassin's Creed games are really good. The first was my favorite; as such, they've kind of been going in the opposite design direction of what I'd like. But the multiplayer is still very fun, and well-designed; I would recommend picking up Brotherhood when you can.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1771 on: December 29, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »

Sword of the Stars 2 is on sale, has anyone played it? I could have sworn there was a thread on it here, but a search didn't turn anything up for me. I read in the thread (maybe it was in a dream?) that it wasnt as polished as the original, but the original was also unpolished when it was released and the hope is that the developer would do the same with this new version, over time.

So, following that, has this game come any further and do the owners of the game feel like it will be improved over time?
I got nothing

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1772 on: December 29, 2011, 09:40:18 pm »

Sword of the Stars 2 is on sale, has anyone played it? I could have sworn there was a thread on it here, but a search didn't turn anything up for me. I read in the thread (maybe it was in a dream?) that it wasnt as polished as the original, but the original was also unpolished when it was released and the hope is that the developer would do the same with this new version, over time.

So, following that, has this game come any further and do the owners of the game feel like it will be improved over time?
Its being discussed in the SOTS thread, there is no separate one for SOTS2 as far as I know. The last patch put it pretty close to a release state and it is entirely playable. The difference between now and its release is really night and day.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 30, 2011, 12:12:20 am »

I picked up Napoleon: Total War. Wow, so this was what Empire Total War was supposed to be. It's quite a massive difference. Liking it a lot so far, love the voicework even if I can't understand most of what everyone is saying.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1774 on: December 30, 2011, 07:01:49 am »

I bought Napoleon too, It was just too nicely priced deal and I liked shogun 2 so much that it could be great deal. Downloading it will take ages though.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 30, 2011, 10:17:39 am »

That's a terrible way to do it though, I have the first one it and played for about 30 minutes (a week ago) before I just couldn't do it anymore.  I'll likely never install it again.  The research can't be queued up so if you complete a research project and don't micromanage it to death you won't be researching.  The interface is terrible, and I found it to be a very shallow game.  I feel bad for Paradox releasing it considering their other titles.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:14 am »

They ran out of time to release it before running out of money I beleive was the problem, thus the not-exactly-great state of SotS II right now. Its playable right now I've heard, but its not actually what its supposed to fully be yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 30, 2011, 01:27:39 pm »

That's a terrible way to do it though, I have the first one it and played for about 30 minutes (a week ago) before I just couldn't do it anymore.  I'll likely never install it again.  The research can't be queued up so if you complete a research project and don't micromanage it to death you won't be researching.  The interface is terrible, and I found it to be a very shallow game.  I feel bad for Paradox releasing it considering their other titles.

That was kind of my initial impression of SOTS as well. Later on, I checked it out with the Born of Blood add-on and I was considerably more impressed. And then I just got more impressed with each subsequent expansion. It also doesn't help if you come at it expecting something like Master of Orion, which I did. It's a very different sort of 4X.

New Daily Deals are up!

-75% Universe Sandbox
-75% Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
-75% Fallout: New Vegas
-75% Command & Conquer franchise
-75% Grand Theft Auto franchise
-50% Driver: San Francisco
-66% Deus Ex: Human Revolution
-75% Puzzle Agent and Puzzle Agent 2
-66% Civilization V
-75% Super Meat Boy
-60% MTG: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2012
-75% SpaceChem

More good stuff all around. Valve seems to be doing a good job of mixing mainstream blockbusters and indie hits each day. There's pretty much something awesome each day for less than $5.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 30, 2011, 01:45:34 pm »

They ran out of time to release it before running out of money I beleive was the problem, thus the not-exactly-great state of SotS II right now. Its playable right now I've heard, but its not actually what its supposed to fully be yet.

Yeah I heard it was basically "Release it or Starve" So I can't really blame them for it, I think Star Ruler had the same issue when it released.  I personally can't afford SoTS 2 myself but if I had the cash I'd probably get it if anything for the game it will become.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:47:56 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 30, 2011, 02:01:11 pm »

£8.54 for all the New Vegas DLC's? Sold!
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 30, 2011, 04:06:45 pm »

Oh god, the decisions... Civ V, New Vegas, or MtG?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 30, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »

New Vegas, you can mod for more fun. MtG is fun with REAL cards, Civ V, good luck even getting the game running and i found IV better.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 30, 2011, 05:03:20 pm »

Yeah, New Vegas. I, like many others, found Civ V to be a huge disappointment. It changed a lot of stuff for the sake of breaking the mold, and very few of the changes felt like improvements. MtG is what it is, I guess. If you're really going to love it you probably know already and wouldn't have to ask. New Vegas is really solid though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1783 on: December 30, 2011, 05:04:18 pm »

I guess I'm in the minority. I really liked Civ5

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1784 on: December 30, 2011, 05:04:35 pm »

From what I understand, DotP is a good starting point for MTG, but if you already play it, you're better off skipping it.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1134