Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460465 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1740 on: December 28, 2011, 01:48:52 pm »

SPAZ is bought, Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are in the cart, but I'm hesitating on pulling the trigger....I'll basically be out of cash once I buy those, and I was kinda wanting to grab M:TG 2012 later on....

Anybody got an opinion on the Dead Space series?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: December 28, 2011, 02:10:20 pm »

SPAZ is a good game, I enjoyed it much, and I hope they put out a mutliplayer squeal in the future.

I have only played Dead Space 2, and I can say it is decent, I went into it thinking I would hate it. If you like Resident Evil 4 or 5 I would say play it, it has some neat zero-g sequences and what I think is good art direction.
Thank you based dwarf.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 28, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »

After some deliberation, I think I'm gonna pass on the Dead Space games. I've already picked up the STALKER and Mass Effect series during this sale, and I have small children about so the only time I'm gonna be playing these is late at night. I need some non-grimdark games that I can let them see me play (and possibly play themselves) without causing permanent psychological harm.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 28, 2011, 02:33:30 pm »

Two Worlds 2.

Thoughts? It seems like the more in depth part of Skyrim that Skyrim was missing, but I'm still wavering over the $13 price tag. Giving a little castle sim to my RPG always has a nice touch.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: December 28, 2011, 02:35:41 pm »

Two Worlds 2.

Thoughts? It seems like the more in depth part of Skyrim that Skyrim was missing, but I'm still wavering over the $13 price tag. Giving a little castle sim to my RPG always has a nice touch.
i could have got it for 10 bucks at gamestop for ps3

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 28, 2011, 02:38:39 pm »

ps3
Not my cup of tea.

But anyone played or heard much about the game itself? Since most review sites tend to run on AAA budget titles paying them off, I'm usually not to keen on basing my entire perception of a game on those alone. The features list sounds nice, but I'd just like to know if it delivers.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 28, 2011, 02:55:04 pm »

If review sites are run on AAA titles paying them off, wouldn't that mean only the reviews of non-AAA titles are accurate?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 28, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

If review sites are run on AAA titles paying them off, wouldn't that mean only the reviews of non-AAA titles are accurate?

This is exactly why my purchasing decisions are based mostly on Let's Plays and "free trials." And Occasionally, I use thread lengths from this forum as well ;)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 28, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »

Two Worlds 2.

Played it with a friend.  It's a neat concept.  The single player game was fun while I played it, but the multiplayer added a whole new story (albeit short)  The multiplayer has a town building aspect which is kind of shallow.  [pick a plot, build a building, defend random attacks]... come to think of it, I need to go back and finish the single player.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: December 28, 2011, 07:24:47 pm »

I liked Dead Space 1. It had some System Shock 1, original weaponry, great atmosphere, and some non-standard sequences such as zero-g fights.

Played Dredmor, it's good, too. Loving the humour, as well. Also finally got a char to lvl 3 after 6 tries :) Losing is fun, eh?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: December 28, 2011, 09:23:49 pm »

Does Assassin's Creed 2 still have the crazy-restrictive DRM? If it does, I can't buy it because it'll be unplayable at my apartment...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: December 29, 2011, 01:10:45 am »

Does Assassin's Creed 2 still have the crazy-restrictive DRM? If it does, I can't buy it because it'll be unplayable at my apartment...

I was just talking to a friend that mentioned something about having to log in, so i assume it does.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: December 29, 2011, 01:14:19 am »

I was just talking to a friend that mentioned something about having to log in, so i assume it does.
It's through Ubisoft's crazy thing, so you need to log in and what have you. It's really annoying.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 29, 2011, 02:17:44 am »

It's through Ubisoft's crazy thing, so you need to log in and what have you. It's really annoying.

That said, they removed the "always online" part. You still have to log in to play, but you don't have to keep an internet connection active while playing, so random connection breaks won't dump you to the title screen without so much as a courtesy save point.

So it's still draconian DRM. But at least it's a little less draconian than it used to be.  ;)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 29, 2011, 03:37:41 am »

Too much to be practical on my connection. Pirated copy it is. -.-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 1134