Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460441 times)

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1695 on: December 26, 2011, 03:39:25 pm »

Torchlight doesn't seem like a good comparison. Bastion is more of an action adventure, Torchlight is like an action RPG. Bastion's combat is a bit more skill based, if you have poor reflexes it will reflect more obviously in a battle. It stands up well as a game if you like the feeling of a rewarding battle, and the story is decent. But a single play-through is all you'll likely get out of it, as the new game+ mode doesn't actually add anything new to the game.

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 26, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »

*edit*

Ahhh, forget this. Sorry, posted bit hastily.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:50:29 pm by Mandaril »
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 26, 2011, 04:04:53 pm »

Bastion is on sale; just a bit over $5 currently. I've been looking at it for a while, but I'm not sure if I actually like it. Is it more of a game, or an interactive adventure story?

I wonder how long it will take the internet to figure out what game the 'mystery achievement' is. Someone probably already has by the time you're reading this.
What mystery achievement?
Hidden
All I Want for Christmas is Sewers - Complete the quest "A Simple Task" from Technical Officer Ryan.

That's all the context there is.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 26, 2011, 04:07:22 pm »

Bastion is on sale; just a bit over $5 currently. I've been looking at it for a while, but I'm not sure if I actually like it. Is it more of a game, or an interactive adventure story?

I wonder how long it will take the internet to figure out what game the 'mystery achievement' is. Someone probably already has by the time you're reading this.
Hidden
All I Want for Christmas is Sewers - Complete the quest "A Simple Task" from Technical Officer Ryan.

It's not hidden here. it is the free to play game Rusty Hearts
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 26, 2011, 04:09:27 pm »

The game is "Rusty Hearts" - it doesn't say "Hidden" for me.
I was beaten by Metalax, but that's it. Probably a display issue for you.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 26, 2011, 04:11:10 pm »

Hidden

It's not hidden here. it is the free to play game Rusty Hearts
Seems to be regionally locked. All I can find on Steam related to it is trailers.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 26, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »

There have been reports that many people in eastern europe are getting "game is not available in your region" when trying to download it through steam, even though if you get the client directly from them it will work. It could be related to that. They are apparently working to fix it.

Edit: Ok, apparently the publisher IP blocks anyone from these countries from connecting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit the second:

A possible workaround

steam://install/36630

Have your steam client open and click the link above, that should start it downloading.

Then go to https://register.perfectworld.com/register and register an account via the website.

This has been reported to work for at least some of those who have been effected.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:52:47 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 26, 2011, 04:32:25 pm »

I've seen hilarious videos of Rock of Ages and have a friend who's going to buy and play it with me, so that's great for today.

Also, I highly recommend Sonic Generations for any sonic fan, or anyone who wants to get into Sonic. It's probably definitely the best game they've released since the Sonic Rush games.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 27, 2011, 01:05:27 pm »

New Daily Deals!

-50% on Call of Duty: Black Ops
-75% on Disciples III
-75% on Prince of Persia franchise
-75% on Cities in Motion
-75% on Gothic franchise
-66% on Dawn of War franchise (I and II, with all add-on packs discounted too)
-75% on Sequence
-33% on Stronghold 3
-75% on Terraria
-75% on Solar 2
-50% on F.E.A.R. franchise
-75% on a pack of Star Wars franchise games (Jedi Knight, KOTOR, Battlefront II, Empire at War)

The DoW one is tempting.

EDIT: Oh, and one of the daily draw achievements is to write a recommendation for any game you own. Expect to see a lot of crap recommendations. >_<
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:09:33 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 27, 2011, 01:21:07 pm »

17 achievements.

3 coupons.

15 coal.

0 games.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 27, 2011, 01:22:15 pm »

Yay Prince of Persia sale
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 27, 2011, 01:46:31 pm »

The DoW one is tempting.

I know right? Anyone who has played this game care to comment on whether its any good?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 27, 2011, 01:48:25 pm »

I've played the first one (Dark Crusade is still one of my favorite RTS of all time) but haven't had a gander at the sequel yet. I have a friend who's been playing the shit out of his copy, and he's not even an RTS fan. So that's a good sign.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 27, 2011, 01:49:15 pm »

I've played the first one (Dark Crusade is still one of my favorite RTS of all time) but haven't had a gander at the sequel yet. I have a friend who's been playing the shit out of his copy, and he's not even an RTS fan. So that's a good sign.

Thats good. I am curious as to whether the DLC is any good as well... Perhaps I should do some searching after lunch.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 27, 2011, 01:50:07 pm »

DoW II isn't an RTS in the traditional sense. There's no base building, it's all based around a squad of space marines (other races in the Retribution expansion).
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1134