Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458192 times)

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16650 on: May 27, 2020, 11:00:56 am »

GOG's Summer sale started. Lasts until June 15.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #16651 on: May 28, 2020, 08:52:13 am »

Civ VI is free on the Epic Game Store. The offer's only good until, uh... let's see... 11PM EST tonight? Oh, sorry guys. If I'd known earlier I would've piped up.

EDIT: Correction, 11AM Eastern. As in, up to one hour after posting this. Hopefully it's not too late for at least one of you...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:54:30 am by ShinQuickMan »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16652 on: May 28, 2020, 10:44:22 am »

I think someone posted about that in the Free Games Thread earlier. Anyway, now the free game is Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16653 on: May 28, 2020, 10:49:27 am »

So Cities Skylines is a Humble Bundle.

For of those of you familiar with the game, what tier should I be looking at? The $1 is a given, but I'm wondering if there's enough value-add at the $7.19 or $18 tiers.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16654 on: May 28, 2020, 11:17:11 am »

I don't own anything at the $8.  Neither of the two main DLC were interesting to me.  I do own most of the DLC at the $18.  I love Industry and Campuses, it's only missing Parklife.  They use the same mechanics in different ways.  Claim an area and set it up to have a specific industry, park or school.

Base game is great.  I see the $18 for those DLC and the game as a great value, but I also spent near full price for a most of it over the past few years.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16655 on: May 28, 2020, 06:50:07 pm »

Warhammer 40k Skulls For The Skull Throne event going this week. That means that pretty much all WH40K and WH Fantasy titles are pretty deeply discounted, at or above 50% in some cases.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16656 on: May 28, 2020, 07:42:06 pm »

Livers for the hepatic table!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16657 on: May 28, 2020, 08:34:47 pm »

money for the gamesworkshop wallet!

i caved and bought mechanius and sanctum reach complete, and also got the assault pack dlc for gladius.

ive put aside a nice chuck of change for the upcoming summer sales, so fingers crossed on some games coming down in price.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16658 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:45 pm »

i caved and bought mechanius

You know what, I've had it on my wishlist forever. So I guess I caved too and bought the Omnissiah Edition, because dat soundtrack.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16659 on: June 05, 2020, 10:21:12 am »

As part of the GoG sale they're giving away the Total Annihilation commander pack for free.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16660 on: June 05, 2020, 10:44:11 pm »

itch.io has a 5$ Kitchen Sink Bundle(tm) this time again, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality. I believe none of these will have Steam keys though.

Highlights, far as I'm aware of, include...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16661 on: June 06, 2020, 04:39:43 am »

Humble runs a Cities Skylines bundle, which seems reasonable. I like how you get to choose how to spend your money. So I e.g. set 10 eur aside for the Wikimedia Foundation. They have some other charities there, but not a fan of charity "as a solution" to social problems in general.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16662 on: June 06, 2020, 08:52:32 am »

itch.io has a 5$ Kitchen Sink Bundle(tm) this time again, the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality. I believe none of these will have Steam keys though.

Heavy Bullets
A Short Hike
Night in the Woods (Mac/Win/Linux)
It's really good. Donate more than $5.

There are also some pen and paper tabletop games in there.

You have to manually add games to your library or they will likely expire at some point in the near future. That's either all or some of the 740 games in the bundle. You have to click download to trigger them being added to your library, one by one.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 09:40:45 am by BigD145 »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16663 on: June 06, 2020, 02:02:13 pm »

Midboss had a good enough demo like 1 year ago. And there were ~3 other games I'd heard of but didn't have copies of yet. I didn't see Cook, Serve, Delicious, so I probably missed others. I mean, there are over 700 games, so...

Edit: On one hand, Alpha Centauri is on sale at GoG, on the other...Radiation has made me the enemy of Civilization.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:38:21 pm by Iduno »

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16664 on: June 07, 2020, 12:30:42 am »

Heavy Bullets
A Short Hike
Night in the Woods (Mac/Win/Linux)
It's really good. Donate more than $5.

There are also some pen and paper tabletop games in there.

You have to manually add games to your library or they will likely expire at some point in the near future. That's either all or some of the 740 games in the bundle. You have to click download to trigger them being added to your library, one by one.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, so I looked it up,

Please do not run scripts to issue 100s of request to the site. It is not necessary to go and click on everything to own it. You already own everything as soon as you’ve bought it. We decided that more people would rather their library not be flooded with hundreds of things they don’t want, and let them choose the things they do want by making all the bundle items hidden by default.

We also made this change to reduce load on the server, since there are thousands of people buying the bundle. After the bundle hype has died down we’d be glad to look into adding a button to show everything in your library at once. In the meantime we’ll be making more changes to how games are displayed on the bundle download page to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.

Thanks

You own everything you pay for
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars
Pages: 1 ... 1109 1110 [1111] 1112 1113 ... 1134