Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460403 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1665 on: December 24, 2011, 07:09:41 pm »

OK then, more Company of Heroes questions:

They have on sale the original game as well as 2 stand-alone expansions, CoH: Opposing Fronts and CoH: Tales of Valor.

Whats best I think I only need one of these.
I got nothing

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 24, 2011, 07:19:51 pm »

I was looking into getting Prototype for 7.50 (down from ~20, I think). From what I've been told, it's like a sequel to Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. The problem is that the threads about the game say that it has some gamebreaking bugs (and a sound issue) that affect a decent portion of the people who buy the game. Since Activision isn't going to patch those bugs out of the port, I'm not sure about buying it.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1667 on: December 25, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »

Yup still on the fence here on Company of Heroes.

The third one seems multiplayer focused and I am interested in single player, so between the first two.

Reviews say the second one is good but the campaign is short, is the campaign longer in the first game?

WHICH ONE TO GET???
I got nothing

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 25, 2011, 12:56:33 pm »

Steam could use an official android app, or at least a mobile browser compatible store. I may miss out on some of these sales while visiting family.
Was thinking the exact same thing, luckily my grandma's has ~500 kbps internet and I have lugged a laptop with a steam client all the way to my grandma's.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 25, 2011, 01:21:42 pm »

I'm wondering what I should get. I'm looking for a game on steam that has replayability, preferably a strategy game. Any suggestions?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 25, 2011, 01:23:57 pm »

MW3 being on sale

oh god all my arguments about last christmas

they're all dead

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 25, 2011, 01:30:14 pm »

MW3 being on sale
<troll>Well it's about time, it came out over 2 years ago after all.</troll>

I'm just hoping DE:HR goes on sale for a lower price... I needs moar cyberpunk.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 25, 2011, 01:33:59 pm »

Today's sales seem a bit lackluster. The only games that interest me are Fallout 3 (Which everyone by now has played countless times.) and the Overlord series.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 25, 2011, 01:36:28 pm »

I'm wondering what I should get. I'm looking for a game on steam that has replayability, preferably a strategy game. Any suggestions?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40400/
AI war

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 25, 2011, 02:40:59 pm »

I'm buying IL2, lets hope my joystick still works.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1675 on: December 25, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »

I'm buying IL2, lets hope my joystick still works.

IL-2 eh? I'm waiting for my joystick I bought so mayby I'll get that to have a game ready.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 25, 2011, 03:32:32 pm »

If you want singleplayer, get the first one and screw the rest.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #1677 on: December 25, 2011, 04:49:39 pm »

Apparently the IL2 series is much cheaper at GetGamesGo.com. I bought Red Orchestra 2 from there and it activated on Steam, but it might not work the same for other games.

Also, there's an IL2 LP thread, so if y'all wanna fly together and have fun, let me know :D

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 25, 2011, 05:34:16 pm »

How do you guys feel about Overlord?

I tried the demo on PS3 expecting something akin to Dungeon Keeper, but it was.. obviously.. a totally different game.

Kinda stopped looking into it after that, but it looks ok and the price is good...

Yeah... I can imagine you'd have suffered a shock expecting Dungeon Keeper 3. I mean, heck, that Dungeons game was closer to DK3 than Overlord.

Overlord is, basically, Pikmin with an evil flavour. You kill monsters (and 'heroes') by dog-piling them under hordes of multi-coloured goblin-ish... things. It can be great fun, but it largely falls under the "not for everyone" category. If you're interested, give the demo another shot.

Also, the sequel is almost identical to the original, with a couple of very minor gameplay tweaks (slightly different spells, new enemies (some of which aren't even palette-swaps of enemies from the original!), etc.). The stories also aren't connected in any major way, so there's not much to lose by starting with the sequel, if you're interested.

Elero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 25, 2011, 06:24:12 pm »

I think Overlord 2 is better. In the first one, you can play as good( they still called it evil, but it really wasn't) or evil, in the second you can enslave everyone or just kill them.  I think the fights are also better and more strategic because of the  new enemies .
Grand Master Lurker
Dabbling Poster
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1134