Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458091 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16575 on: April 30, 2020, 06:44:17 pm »

Titanfall 2 is about $2.99 or so on Origin for the time being.

I know, it's Origin, but it's also Titanfall 2, so up to you whether you think the latter is worth the former.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16576 on: May 01, 2020, 07:58:06 am »

You could get it and use gog galaxy as your only client. Just need to link your ea acount and thats it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16577 on: May 05, 2020, 07:52:51 am »

Konami has released an MGS 5 Bundle on steam called Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience. It's got MGS V, all of it's DLCs (Which frankly aren't that substantial. Almost all of them are just cosmetic) and Ground Zeros.

Probably not newsworthy on its own, but the whole package only costs $10.00 at the moment. If you ever wanted to try MGS V, I think now would be the perfect moment.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16578 on: May 05, 2020, 09:15:30 am »

That still involves giving Konami money which is a rather iffy prospect
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16579 on: May 05, 2020, 09:42:12 am »

What's with the Konami hate lately? Did they became EA at some point?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16580 on: May 05, 2020, 10:13:56 am »

Lately?  You mean the past 5 some years.  After they stopped making good games and just threw their IPs on gambling machines.  Shut down developers making decent games and just churned out shovelware with shitty microtransactions.

We are talking about Konami, the company that fired Kojima.  People kind of liked him and his games.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16581 on: May 05, 2020, 11:06:27 am »

yeah this is nothing new for Konami, they haven't been good for a long time

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16582 on: May 05, 2020, 11:12:14 am »

People kind of liked him and his games.
Past tense is important in the face of walking simulator 2019

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16583 on: May 05, 2020, 11:40:53 am »

They fired him??? Sorry, I kinda been living uner a rock the last years. Konami was a good thing in my days.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16584 on: May 05, 2020, 12:09:49 pm »

They fired him??? Sorry, I kinda been living uner a rock the last years. Konami was a good thing in my days.
After trying to silence him, removing him from his own projects the canceling the projects, and forbidding him from going to an award ceremony his game and himself were up for multiple awards (I think he won some, and the host even pointed out his absence).  Just the main public things that went on before he left to start his own studio.

I mean just look up PT.  The guy who makes Metal Gear didn't make the last Metal Gear game and it turned out to be a micro-transaction and buzzword laden mess(Survival, co-op, always online, crafting, yadayada). The guy who made Castelvania went off to make Castelvania under a different title because Konami didn't want to make more actual Castlevania games, that weren't gambling machines.

Konami has been a punching bag in the gaming community for awhile.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16585 on: May 05, 2020, 12:14:11 pm »

say what you will about norman reedus simulator or the metal gears, but i fucking love policenauts and snatcher. i played them as an impressionable young kid in the 90s and while the gameplay has not aged well, the stories, setting, acting (for a given amount of voice acting) are all still fantastic relatively to when they were made. i still find myself watching slowbeef's playthough of snatcher every so often.

all i can say is if kojima can go and make games without konami pumping their bull into it, id probably buy them or at least look at them.

while i wont say norman reedus postmates adventure is fantastic, it is interesting and worth a play at the least (when on sale).

its almost the video gaming equivalent of going to a gallery of art just to get stuck on one painting someone made of, like, a depressed guy eating carrots, and trying to find meaning in it. then you look at the title and its in comic sans.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:16:39 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16586 on: May 05, 2020, 12:49:21 pm »

So... what game is being referred to as the walking simulator or... postmates adventure?

In other news, Fanatical's Very Positive bundle is pretty nifty; I'm having a blast with Tesla vs Lovecraft (stage-based twinstick action) and finding Pinstripe to be quite interesting. (And other people have basically said this bundle is really just Cosmic Star Heroine with seven other hangers-on, so high hopes there too.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16587 on: May 05, 2020, 01:59:32 pm »

So... what game is being referred to as the walking simulator or... postmates adventure?

walking delivery fetch quest simulator, of course

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16588 on: May 05, 2020, 02:02:39 pm »

They’re referring to Death Stranding.

I’ve heard that the experience of heading from A to B can be entertaining in its own way, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16589 on: May 05, 2020, 02:37:53 pm »

Its a real shame. I guess we all die a hero or live enough to become villians.
Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 1134