Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457639 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16305 on: November 20, 2019, 04:29:52 pm »

Haven't tried the Mechanicus, no. But I can see a pet class being pretty effective in Martyr. Enemies tend to focus fire the shit out of you. As pysker I don't notice it because I vape most groups of enemies before they can attack. Playing the Crusader or Assassin though, having 20+ guys shooting autoguns at you does tend to put a damper on things at the higher levels of gameplay.

It's like....the idea is that you're supposed to be able to use a variety of ranged weapons to fight. But so far the game mostly seems balanced around metric fuck tons of AoE, which puts weapons like Bolters and Lasguns and Autoguns and even the Heavy Bolter at a pretty big disadvantage. It's like, single target or AoE or GTFO.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 04:32:35 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16306 on: November 22, 2019, 07:18:00 pm »

What in the ass.... 75% of discount on most total war franchise in steam. Take them while is hot.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16307 on: November 23, 2019, 08:36:03 am »

I have a 75% off Gal Civ 3: Crusade expansion pack. Valid until 2019/12/07. PM if you want it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16308 on: November 23, 2019, 09:33:48 am »

Serial Cleaner is free on Humble for a little while longer, provided you subscribe to the newsletter (which is free and can promptly be unsubscribed from)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16309 on: November 23, 2019, 10:07:27 pm »

The Disgaea games (1, 2, and 5) are all on sale on Humble as well.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16310 on: November 26, 2019, 03:20:29 pm »

The Steam Autumn Sale has begun.

So many discounts...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16311 on: November 26, 2019, 05:37:22 pm »

Once again I struggle to find many things that are interesting enough. That might have something to do with me not having time to play the games I bought 2-3 months back let alone getting new ones :V

Still, a few standouts like DMC5 for 20€ or EDF5 for 30€ seem ok enough I guess. Tho I'll probably end up picking up some old shit I haven't played in forever like Jets'N'Guns or Industry Giant 2 since they're kinda dirt cheap atm and I know I can get atleast a few hours of nostalgia out of them.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16312 on: November 26, 2019, 06:03:41 pm »

Once again I struggle to find many things that are interesting enough. That might have something to do with me not having time to play the games I bought 2-3 months back let alone getting new ones :V

Still, a few standouts like DMC5 for 20€ or EDF5 for 30€ seem ok enough I guess. Tho I'll probably end up picking up some old shit I haven't played in forever like Jets'N'Guns or Industry Giant 2 since they're kinda dirt cheap atm and I know I can get atleast a few hours of nostalgia out of them.

Same.

I also tried the "Nominate games you've played that fit these categories" thing.

I only played 2 games that were new in 2019 (which is apparently an unlisted requirement for Nomination and also the only requirement): Baba is You and Slay the Spire (2017). You may not Nominate a game for more than one category. The Labor of Love (I think) category at least let me nominate one other game I've played. More strangely, I can nominate Baba is You or Slay the Spire for best VR game.

In their defense, Valve has only done awards things a few times and doesn't have a single competent programmer.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16313 on: November 26, 2019, 06:19:30 pm »

Same too. There's some things I would want, but aren't on sale or aren't on sale enough to really want. That said, there's a few I'm considering. Sniper Elite 4 sounds like a deal at $12 plus $7 for season pass. Compared to $60+$35.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16314 on: November 26, 2019, 06:47:04 pm »

Steam Controller for 13$ shipped feels like a steal, since even the most basic logitech controller goes for at least 15$.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16315 on: November 26, 2019, 06:56:26 pm »

I... guess if the steam controller looks okay to you. Also, uh. Apparently there's logitech controllers on amazon also going for 13 bucks right now, ha. There's plenty of cheapo PC controllers if you're after one, at a glance.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16316 on: November 26, 2019, 07:50:15 pm »

Oh lol I didn't even notice the controller was a thing they were selling. Listed at 5€ for me, sadly won't ship to my country so I can't even attempt to buy it :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16317 on: November 26, 2019, 07:57:42 pm »

I'm guessing free shipping is never a thing that comes up with that controller?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16318 on: November 27, 2019, 08:48:15 am »

I... guess if the steam controller looks okay to you. Also, uh. Apparently there's logitech controllers on amazon also going for 13 bucks right now, ha. There's plenty of cheapo PC controllers if you're after one, at a glance.

Also, it's been mentioned that this is the last batch of Steam Controllers ever. The line has been discontinued. If you want a replacement in the future, buy it now.

the LEGO titles are good to eyeball if you have enough friends and internet to make work of the new Steam Play remote play thing that lets you stream your couch-coop-capable game to your friends to digitally share your couch and screen with

Also, make sure you only get the newer ones. If it wasn't released under the version of Windows you are currently running (or a newer one, possibly), you don't know how buggy it is. If you want old games with support, go with GOG, that's their thing. As always, this advice doesn't apply if your country forces Steam to give refunds on non-functional products.

Disgaea 2 is probably the second-best story (although each game has better QoL stuff), and the best available for PC.

The 'nothing looks interesting this sale' mentality stems primarily from having too many things to look at, I think, and not knowing what you might actually want. Dunno.

That's probably part of it. Also, picking up whatever you wanted last time it was on sale.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 08:55:14 am by Iduno »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16319 on: November 27, 2019, 10:46:27 am »

Disco Elysium is on its first-ever sale, as if you had any excuse not to have bought it already. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 1134