Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460327 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1620 on: December 22, 2011, 02:00:29 pm »

The ME2 DLC weapons are give or take, but you'd really be missing out if you don't get Kasumi, Overlord, and Shadow Broker. Seems like a bunch of people didn't like Arrival; I enjoyed it enough to recommend if you like the rest. I'd say Overlord > Shadow Broker (close call though) > Kasumi > Arrival.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 22, 2011, 02:05:30 pm »

I'd be much more interested if the DLCs were actually offered on Steam. Better chance of being on sale and less chance of screwing up and losing your money that way.

But in any case, the DLC is just extra. You don't need any of it for the actual plotline, it's just more stuff to do.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 22, 2011, 02:27:07 pm »

Would anyone be interested in Virtua Fighter 2 perchance? In exchange for Torchlight or Limbo?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 22, 2011, 10:15:55 pm »

If I couldn't really get into KOTOR, is Mass Effect still worth considering?

I hear good things about it a lot [obviously] and my friend is recommending it currently but.. The thought that it's like KOTOR is just kind of a turn off to me. That game just kind of failed to interest or entertain me in any significant way.

Also if I had to pick between the two for now; which?

I found Mass Effect to be far better. It's pretty dull sometimes, but the customization and fps elements kept me playing.
For team members I recommend Garrus and Tali, they cover pretty much everything you need done.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 22, 2011, 10:33:55 pm »

Except anything biotic! :P

Yeah I enjoyed Kotor but enjoyed ME a lot more for various reasons. It still has its flaws, but there's a solid game in there somewhere.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 22, 2011, 11:05:51 pm »

KOTOR had good story/character elements, but the gameplay was like trying to play a watered down Neverwinter Nights to me, it was boring and stale. The ME series has few if any similarities that I see; it's more action oriented. The first one feels a little odd with it's unpolished shooting mechanics, but it's not bad. ME2 refines the combat quite a bit better. I don't know that you would like it, but I personally don't think the two franchises have much in common aside from "Space" and "RPG elements".

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1626 on: December 22, 2011, 11:36:15 pm »

Is Divinity 2 good? I mean, it has you turning into a dragon...
The humor in it is absolutely brilliant, the story is good, and it has solid (if a bit generic) RPG elements. And it's rife with random references to a lot of things.

Also, it has dragons.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 22, 2011, 11:41:13 pm »

Sure they do. Spoilers incoming.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's KotOR 1 and 2, and ME 1 and 2.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1628 on: December 22, 2011, 11:46:40 pm »

Not to mention they're both Bioware RPGs. Bioware tends to take the same RPG system and slap it onto the setting of the day.

It is a good system though. I'd still recommend ME 1 and 2.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 22, 2011, 11:47:48 pm »

Same here, I really like the ME series.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 22, 2011, 11:53:21 pm »

It doesn't stop there, folks.

Behold: The Bioware RPG cliche chart!

Now get out there and start hatin'!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 22, 2011, 11:55:43 pm »

Sure they do. Spoilers incoming.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's KotOR 1 and 2, and ME 1 and 2.
That's the plot of pretty much any RPG you can name.
That said, I can't really disagree with any of what you said :P

Count me among the "loves the ME series" crowd. I can't wait to take on the Reapers once and for all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:54 am »

I'll be honest: I've never really liked Bioware RPGs, and I'm not certain why. I've played KOTOR, Bioshock, ME, and DA, and enjoyed those in descending order. I still only got about halfway through KOTOR before getting bored with it, and that was by far the most time I've put into any of them. For some reason the Bioware RPG blueprint (which they reuse for practically every damn game) just sits wrong with me. The only one of their RPGs where I have anything approaching a definite reason for disliking it is DA, largely because of how the whole game was a DLC cashcow and pretty blatantly tried to pretend to be open world (the damn map!) when it was one of the most linear, boring dungeoncrawls I've ever played.

I guess for me, RPGs aren't about hours of pointless dialogue any more than they're about hours of pointless exp grinding. I fully expect to take heat for not liking ME here as much as every place else where I've dared to say that.  :P

/rant

OT: Soooo, Torchlight for $3.74. If I didn't already own it, I would now. Also, Battlefront II for $5.99. If I knew if there were still servers up with decent numbers of people, I'd snap that up as well.  ???

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 23, 2011, 12:31:30 am »

I didn't like Mass Effect. It felt like a bad movie turned into a game with some weird mechanics. Combat was decent, but needed better balancing. I haven't played ME2.
That said, I'd still say it's worth the $5 it's currently priced at. It's a somewhat long and moderately enjoyable game. Dialogue can be fun at times - when you actually care what they have to say.

Anyway, I just picked up Dungeons of Dredmor and its DLC at it's 50% sale price. This is awesome and I love it. If the previous endorsements haven't been enough, here's another. Buy it, everyone, while it's still so cheap you won't notice the difference. At full price it's still pretty cheap, though.

I also rediscovered Braid in my library. If you get that with a bundle, or decide to buy it, don't forget about it. It's pretty fun and rather weird. The puzzles also get very difficult. I love the artwork throughout; playing the game is like walking through an art gallery.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 23, 2011, 12:44:50 am »

Braid was 98% polish, 1% trolling, 1% substance. Beat it once, never launched again. Great music, though.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1134