Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460293 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1575 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:41 am »

Oh my I can totally Recommend Dredmor. I'm totally jaded when it comes to rougelikes and it's like my favorite game currently. Though inside a star filled sky... I'd pass on it. It's an interesting concept but it's not even pulled off half as well as it could be.

And yeah that's a good idea. Clear sky is much more system intensive than both SoC and CoP, though my god is it pretty.
Running on HD4570 and Core2duo 2.2GHz laptop yet i can run the game, don't pass it up Dice, you will be missing something out.

I've got one of those integrated Intel HD Graphics Accelerator chips, which is from what I can tell absolute rubbish for gaming, though I've had success with games with graphics card requirements at or below 128MB, so I'm reasonably confident that I can run Clear Sky on really low settings. My biggest curse with it has been pretty substantial graphical glitches with Fallout and Quake III, which drove me bonkers until I just gave up on it in the former case, and resolved the issue in the latter.
........ is that the GMA series or Intel HD 2000/3000?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 21, 2011, 02:53:29 am »

Oh my I can totally Recommend Dredmor. I'm totally jaded when it comes to rougelikes and it's like my favorite game currently. Though inside a star filled sky... I'd pass on it. It's an interesting concept but it's not even pulled off half as well as it could be.

And yeah that's a good idea. Clear sky is much more system intensive than both SoC and CoP, though my god is it pretty.
Running on HD4570 and Core2duo 2.2GHz laptop yet i can run the game, don't pass it up Dice, you will be missing something out.

I've got one of those integrated Intel HD Graphics Accelerator chips, which is from what I can tell absolute rubbish for gaming, though I've had success with games with graphics card requirements at or below 128MB, so I'm reasonably confident that I can run Clear Sky on really low settings. My biggest curse with it has been pretty substantial graphical glitches with Fallout and Quake III, which drove me bonkers until I just gave up on it in the former case, and resolved the issue in the latter.
........ is that the GMA series or Intel HD 2000/3000?

I believe it is the 3000 (the machine itself is a dell Inspiron 14R with the i5 core, and everything I can find confirms this).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 21, 2011, 03:00:10 am »

Well ill tell you what, it performs well against my HD4570 but i got more cores. so can it run low for Clear Sky: yes, will it suck: yes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 21, 2011, 03:04:35 am »

Flying Dice, I got King of Infinite Space used at a yard sale, everything else was new at Barnes & Nobles. So maybe it is a regional thing.

On the subject of Dredmore: If my 6-year-old-less-than-1-gig-RAM-XP-single-core-dieing-by-inches laptop can run it, than I guarantee that anything you've got can handle it. Go ahead and buy it, it's quite fun if you're into that sort of thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 21, 2011, 08:12:20 am »

Yeah, I picked up Dungeons of Dredmor and the Orange Box last night. I mean hell...the first was $1.24. I've gotten that much value out of the *intros* for some games. And I always wanted to play HL: Ep 1 and Ep 2 and now I can! Plus I haz extra copy of HL2 to give to those poor, indigent souls who have never played it. I might have to venture into the Amazonian rainforest to find someone who doesn't have HL2 at this point, but....

I also migrated Steam over to my *big* hard drive in prepration for the Gamening. I chucked $50 of my birthday money into my Steam wallet, so the Steam sales really are making me like a kid in a candy store.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 21, 2011, 08:18:38 am »

Installing Tropico 4 now.

CURSE YOU VALVE! MY WALLET CRIES OUT IN AGONY!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 21, 2011, 08:28:39 am »

So now I play the waiting game until my paypal account proccesses my transfer of funds from my bank account.

Well to be fair, I could play any of the games that I bought today also.

The Witcher extended
Psychonauts
Magicka
Counterstrike Source
Cthulhu saves the world & Breath of Death VII

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 21, 2011, 10:13:17 am »

360Kb/s download speed... FO:NV at 82% completion... UUUURGH

On the subject of Dredmore: If my 6-year-old-less-than-1-gig-RAM-XP-single-core-dieing-by-inches laptop can run it, than I guarantee that anything you've got can handle it. Go ahead and buy it, it's quite fun if you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah, it was pretty much the only game where I had no worries at all about being able to run it. I've been meaning to get it for ages and putting it off; now that I can pick it up for $1.24, I have absolutely no excuse not to.

Going to be cashing a few checks of birthday money soon, so I'm going to be able to continue buying new games without the massive guilt associated with taking money out of checking or savings.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1583 on: December 21, 2011, 11:49:51 am »

Just realised I could have picked up some of the Orcs Must Die DLC super cheap yesterday, but I forgot it existed until now... Looking at my inventory I remembered that as well as the worthless coupon (sure I could try to trade it, but it's as useless to everyone else as it is to me) and coal I have Half Life 2 and Episode 1 spare. The amount of people without HL2 is rather low and Redking has one to offer as well, but just in case someone wants it.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 21, 2011, 11:53:46 am »

360Kb/s download speed... FO:NV at 82% completion... UUUURGH

Yeah, it was pretty much the only game where I had no worries at all about being able to run it. I've been meaning to get it for ages and putting it off; now that I can pick it up for $1.24, I have absolutely no excuse not to.

Going to be cashing a few checks of birthday money soon, so I'm going to be able to continue buying new games without the massive guilt associated with taking money out of checking or savings.  :P
You think that's bad? I only have about 50 right now. I hate living here.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 21, 2011, 11:56:39 am »

Oh yea, well try some 800kbps........ UPLOAD

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 21, 2011, 12:15:35 pm »

D:

Also, FO:NV download complete, and it automatically set me to medium quality. I have high hopes now!  :D

3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 21, 2011, 12:24:23 pm »

I have 30 minutes or so to buy some cheap games. Is Dungeons of Dreadmor fun? It seems like just another roguelike with stupid graphics and this one is pretty expensive for a RL (read: not free).

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1588 on: December 21, 2011, 12:29:49 pm »

I have 30 minutes or so to buy some cheap games. Is Dungeons of Dreadmor fun? It seems like just another roguelike with stupid graphics and this one is pretty expensive for a RL (read: not free).

It is another roguelike with graphics. It also has awesome music and some seriously good humorous thematic elements. It is well worth a couple bucks.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 21, 2011, 12:33:00 pm »

BUY IT NOW! Even if you don't like it, you'll get more enjoyment out of it then the cheetos or whatever you end up spending the dollar on.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1134