Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456430 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15735 on: March 12, 2019, 08:57:11 pm »

the district system really makes cities feel distinct from one another
But in Civ 5, even hardest AI was easy to beat for us, and we are having trouble keeping up in civ 6 with just the default normal AI

Wonders aren't easy mode cheat anymore. Can only build so many wonders around a city, and AI often gets them as well. No more every wonder of the entire world for one city anymore (because of districts)

You also have to keep people happy. Had to do it in other civ games, but in civ 6 its almost like a grand strategy way of doing it. You need to get amenities for your people, by building certain districts or getting luxury goods.

There are also other things to keep track of, but I don't remember it all.

Only complaint I suppose is once a district is built, you can't tear it down. So you are forever stuck with that district. Kinda annoying.
this edit sums up all of the reasons I DON'T like civ 6 as much as 5

EDIT: Also, I find pretty much everything I can remember added by Rise and Fall REALLY annoying, mostly because most of the stuff I remember is related to the new loyalty system that I hate, Genghis Khan is nice though

EDIT2: I just find the stuff really tedious

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: March 13, 2019, 12:15:03 pm »

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dwarf-fortress-25343688?utm_medium=post_notification_email&utm_source=post_link&utm_campaign=patron_engagement

Hey guys, there's this game called Dwarf Fortress coming to Steam. Anyone heard of it? I'm afraid it's gonna be another early access Minecraft clone.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: March 13, 2019, 12:20:07 pm »

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dwarf-fortress-25343688?utm_medium=post_notification_email&utm_source=post_link&utm_campaign=patron_engagement

Hey guys, there's this game called Dwarf Fortress coming to Steam. Anyone heard of it? I'm afraid it's gonna be another early access Minecraft clone.

Looks like it's another one of those games that stay in Early Access forever. GOD I hope there's no microtransactions or season passes!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: March 13, 2019, 12:24:05 pm »

Looks like it's another one of those games that stay in Early Access forever. GOD I hope there's no microtransactions or season passes!
I hear it's an asset-flip of Gnomoria!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: March 13, 2019, 12:34:51 pm »

Wow, so he finally did the thing he said he never wanted to do, and that was tie his release to combined group efforts of graphic artists. I imagine much won't really change, and maybe this will be going forward a more stable and canon version of DF that people other than diehard fans can come to know. Be nice if it blows up on Steam and secures his and Zach's future....but I guess I won't be holding my breath for that to happen.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:38:01 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: March 13, 2019, 01:05:16 pm »

I hate to bring up Humble again but I thought some of you might be into this month's Humble Monthly. Mutant Year Zero and two things I don't really care about, plus all of the crud that gets revealed next month, for $12.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15741 on: March 13, 2019, 01:32:13 pm »

Well, I wanted Niche in that humble bundle, but my card got declined for whatever reason. I guess I'll wait for a steam sale or whatnot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15742 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:39 am »

Am I getting pickier, or are Humble Bundles becoming more obviously 0-1 games you might be interested in, 1-3 big name games that are crap, and some assorted low-grade crap?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: March 15, 2019, 08:23:54 am »

Am I getting pickier, or are Humble Bundles becoming more obviously 0-1 games you might be interested in, 1-3 big name games that are crap, and some assorted low-grade crap?
It's not just you. Humble Bundle has become less worth it since it was acquired by IGN. Go figure.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: March 15, 2019, 08:27:32 am »

I just take free games from Humble. Humble doesn't accepts rubles, so I'm not buying a whole lot from them.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15746 on: March 15, 2019, 08:55:53 am »

It's not just you. Humble Bundle has become less worth it since it was acquired by IGN. Go figure.
I think its more than that. I think Game Devs in general are trying to rein in game sales. I mean, look at Steam sales recently. There used to be all sorts of crazy good deals, and that's changed too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: March 16, 2019, 10:18:25 am »

I think its more than that. I think Game Devs in general are trying to rein in game sales. I mean, look at Steam sales recently. There used to be all sorts of crazy good deals, and that's changed too.

Hmm I'm not sure - I think it's a mix. I think that you'll probably feel that sales are getting worse because you've already got a lot of what you wanted on a super cheap sale. I know I've got pretty much every game I wanted to play in the last 10 years or so in my library, and most of those were on amazing deals. I keep seeing them come up, but I've already got them.   

I do feel there is some skewing though towards 'relatively good deals on most stuff' instead of 'amazing deals on a few things'. I don't blame them on that at all - how many times have you heard (or said yourself) 'I'll just wait till it's on sale on steam'? It's become so ingrained that every game will at some point go on a mega-sale that I imagine devs are feeling the strain a bit on it.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: March 16, 2019, 11:19:10 am »

I won't deny its a subjective feeling, and my game library has increased in size, but the main thing is that games I've seen go on sale or own haven't been going on sale for as much or as frequently. The example that instantly comes to mind is Paradox. EUIV's older DLCs used to go on 75% off fairly frequently, but in the current sale they're all 50% off. Similarly there was a Paradox Humble bundle awhile back where you could get the big 4 Paradox developed games at the time (Vicky 2, HofI3, CKII, and EUIV) in the cheaper two tiers. More recent Paradox bundles have been much less generous with the same titles, even though those games are years older.

That's just one game dev example, but I don't think they're the only ones who are changing their sale strategies. And that's fine, its just different. I'm just saying HumbleBundle having diminishing returns is something I think would have happened even without being acquired by IGN.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15749 on: March 16, 2019, 03:23:04 pm »

Wurm Unlimited, three decent games, and a thing I've never heard of for $3.99. Just shared in the Wurm thread. Thought it belonged here as well.
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1134