Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456198 times)

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15615 on: January 05, 2019, 12:40:57 pm »

Almost forgot this one i had bookmarked. Udemy C++ class for free (normally $200). Good thing i decided to clear out all my bookmarked crap.
Wow Thank you

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: January 05, 2019, 03:40:04 pm »

Interesting! Wait, are the games locked to the relevant Twitch Prime account ala Playstation Plus, or do you get to keep 'em indefinitely?
I believe they are locked to the twitch account, but you dont need prime to play them if it runs out. However I could be wrong.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: January 05, 2019, 08:03:24 pm »

Steam game, Breach is giving away Early Access keys for their alpha build:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/421650/Breach/

https://anz.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1961296/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/breach-technical-alpha-key-giveaway

There's a countdown on available keys on the company website, they have 3951 left. I won't get one, since there's no way in hell some latest 3D action game is going to run on my 2012 low-end PC.

... Also, Microsoft Store, 100% discounted games:

City Bus Simulator
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/city-bus-simulator/9p0q8v5zss14

MotoGP Racing Championship
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/motogp-racing-championship/9p424frtsrsn
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:09:36 pm by Reelya »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: January 05, 2019, 10:34:49 pm »

Thanks, Breach looks interesting.

I did have to register on two different websites to get my code though, each of which required ridiculous amounts of personal information and mailing list bs. This game had better be worth it...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: January 06, 2019, 01:52:01 am »

Well that was a lot of fucking hoops to jump through to try an alpha, but thanks for the heads up, Reelya!
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: January 06, 2019, 08:21:01 pm »

Udemy courses in basic Japanese and Chinese 100% discount

https://www.udemy.com/speaking-chinese-like-a-native-speaker-in-a-month-grade-one/?couponCode=FREEFORA
https://www.udemy.com/japanese-in-context/?couponCode=$0&awc=6554_1546780599_3fc317242448deb110125ce504a62e56

There was another one however that sold out, so it seems there are limits on these keys.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: January 12, 2019, 05:09:52 pm »

Steam "A Story About My Uncle" is free for a limited time. It's a 3D platforming and exploration game in an alternate dimension.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: January 15, 2019, 11:35:45 am »

Hey, I noticed the Elite Dangerous (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/elite-dangerous) is on 75% off.  I remember wanting it at one point, but I can't remember much about it.

It's listed as an MMO, but I'm not really interested in playing with other people.  Does anybody happen to know if it has a solo mode without any multiplayer?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: January 15, 2019, 12:31:55 pm »

Its got a Solo mode. Actually its briefly mentioned near the bottom of that Humble Store page.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: January 15, 2019, 12:53:20 pm »

Ah great.  I should have looked closer.  Thanks!

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: January 15, 2019, 01:19:13 pm »

Note that the solo mode still requires an internet connection. It's kinda hinted at by it being called "solo" instead of "single player", but you're still in the same galaxy as everyone else, so you'll have their effects on things like commodity prices and they yours, you just won't see any other players and can't directly interact.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: January 15, 2019, 01:52:15 pm »

At least you won't get shot on sight by other players???

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: January 15, 2019, 04:14:20 pm »

I don't mind so much if some weird economy stuff is shared.  I just find for a game like that direct interaction with humans kind of breaks immersion a bit.  :)  I think I'll pick it up.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: January 15, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »

There's a third mode of play where you play with other players but only in a pre-approved group.
Means you can do stuff like emulate a "lan-party" just with your buddies, or join certain public groups that forbid PvP (I use Mobius).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: January 15, 2019, 05:54:55 pm »

A heads up for anyone else who died a few times in the tutorial, there's a bit of info they only covered in the out-of-game video tutorials.  The tutorial enemies were flying circles around me, and I couldn't figure out why.  Based on Freeelancer and similar games I was dropping my throttle almost to zero, so I could pivot faster.  When I realized that wasn't working, I tried leaving the throttle on full, which worked exactly as well.

No, there's an "ideal thrust level" indicated by a blue smear on the throttle bar, which makes the arduously slow turn rate almost on-par with the tutorial enemies.

Ehh...  Really not impressed so far, maybe I'll try again tomorrow.  I also rolled my eyes when the registration insisted on me entering my real life name.  When there's someone who obsessively adores this game, who I don't want to talk to...  Nothing for it, now they know that I am Pul Wat Aa.

I know there's a lot of depth to the game, in the sense of grinding long journeys Freelancer-style, but the default with a mouse feels really frustrating.  I have a joystick *somewhere*, which might help.
I may be biased against it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1134