Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456087 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15585 on: December 26, 2018, 05:56:15 am »

I used to play the demo back in the days when Stomp was King... I ended up getting the full version, but I don't think I've actually played the full version, despite having owned a discounted copy for a rather long time.

I'm sure twig-flavored tea is still a delicious topical antiseptic and ingested immunobooster, and that drinking a bottle of whiskey will still make your blood explode out of your skin... But it's a lot more difficult to survive these days with the revamped combat system nerfing the immortal post-apocalyptic insomniac myopic luchador.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15586 on: December 26, 2018, 07:56:21 am »

Divinity II (not original sin 2) is £/$2 - it's pretty great if you haven't played it and amazing at that price. It's a bit buggy and rough round the edges action heavy RPG (where you get to be a dragon), and it's well written and great fun.

The main thing that was the difference between this and other games at the time was that everything felt hand made and that they really cared about it - they hadn't just lobbed in a load of copy and pasted NPCs and the environments/writing really goes way further than 'everyone is a sad knight'. Really recommend for the price.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: December 28, 2018, 11:17:00 am »

Soma is free for a brief time on GOG's front page. Go and get it. It also has a "Safe Mode" for people who really dislike terror games that just turns it into a semi-interactive narrative instead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: December 28, 2018, 12:14:40 pm »

Some 100% discounted Android games on Google Play:

Stardash - Remastered - 8-bit side-scroller / jumping game

Survive: The Lost Lands - Survival/crafting game.

Age of Civilizations Africa - turn-based strategy game.

A-2481 - horror game.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15589 on: December 28, 2018, 04:15:21 pm »

Thanks for the recommendations! I got a new phone and it kind of blows my freaking mind that I can play proper 3D games on my little cell phone. Technology is incredible.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: December 28, 2018, 05:30:40 pm »

Thanks for the recommendations! I got a new phone and it kind of blows my freaking mind that I can play proper 3D games on my little cell phone. Technology is incredible.

Yeah, you can play them... For about fifteen minutes. Then the battery is at skimmed milk levels of power and the phone is approaching the required temperature to kickstart nuclear fusion.

At least that's how it works for me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #15591 on: December 29, 2018, 12:16:22 am »

I mean my phone is literally brand new, so- Yeah, no problems here.

My previous 4 yo phone though would start smoking if you played 2D puzzle games on it for too long.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: December 29, 2018, 05:02:13 am »

I've found it depends on the phone a bit, but more than anything it depends on the game designer optimising it. I've got some games that are super crazy graphics that use a tiny bit of battery, and others that are basically 2D card games that will flatline the battery in half an hour.

Enjoy your new gaming phone Parsely - There's so many great games out there!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: December 30, 2018, 11:34:04 am »

Google Play again: Hitman Sniper 100% off

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: January 01, 2019, 09:55:43 am »

The same game's also free on Itunes.

There seem to be In-app Purchases for sniper rifles and currency, but I doubt that'll be needed too much.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #15596 on: January 01, 2019, 11:47:34 pm »

The same game's also free on Itunes.

There seem to be In-app Purchases for sniper rifles and currency, but I doubt that'll be needed too much.

It's only a dollar normally, and isn't even really worth that. I completed the first 10 missions (which is basically the tutorial) and then the 11th one to see if anything really changed after the tutorial was over. The map is always the same? Every single mission is the same map against the same targets. It's like some kind of Groundhog Day Sniper simulation except you can bring cash and guns back in time to do the same thing over again in a different way...

Does it actually get any better, or is it literally nothing but one map with the same actors repeated over and over and over with different objectives?

Not really games, but a bunch of tech-related Udemy courses are free for life right now.

That's cool. I'll try the hacking one, curious to see what it might teach. I know coding and web design and have worked things from the other side trying to secure websites and actively stopping hackers while they were trying to exploit things, but I've never really got into any kind of hacking techniques.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: January 02, 2019, 10:51:08 am »

To be blunt, Paul, if that’s the way you see Hitman Sniper you’re probably not much of a fan of the newer Hitman games, seeing as part of the progression is about doing the same thing in different ways.

I’m not asking too much from the game, personally. I just wanna mess about with a sniper rifle. If I get to do it for free, that's just a plus.

Incidentially, there’s a zombie mode, but you’re probably not gonna like it too much either - the map is always the same, your gun is always the same, and Ben (the guy you're supposed to defend) is always in the same spot on each difficulty.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:53:50 am by AzyWng »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #15598 on: January 02, 2019, 11:52:21 am »

Sounds like Paul's got fair criticisms.
Not that I really had any doubt, but that definitely sounds like Hitman is a zombie IP.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: January 02, 2019, 05:41:28 pm »

Another udemy one popped up. An excel course normally costing $200 is free

https://www.udemy.com/microsoft-excel-masterclass-complete-and-concise/?couponCode=NEWYEAR_RESOLUTION

EDIT: for anyone with an Oculus, there's a free game Dark Days for the Gear VR / Go. Don't berate me if I got the details wrong, i'm clueless about current VR platforms.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/1063691710368492/

Also some free DRM for Assassin's Creed Odessey from Ubi if anyone's interested

https://redeem.ubisoft.com/assassins-creed-odyssey/en-GB
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:05:07 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1134