Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453735 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14985 on: March 26, 2018, 02:48:10 pm »

The Darkness 2 is free for the next 45 hours over on the humble store.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: March 27, 2018, 08:01:34 pm »

Does anyone want Mini Metro? I got the Indie Humble Bundle 19, and I already own it. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

And claimed. The current bundle looks good though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:33:57 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: March 29, 2018, 01:31:03 pm »

Hey, a free thing! I imagine most people who would be interested in Spec Ops would already own it, though.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14988 on: March 29, 2018, 02:16:26 pm »

I don't like Specs Ops enough to buy it. IMO the message of the game doesn't excuse the boring, mindless gameplay, which has made me hostile towards praise of the story (a story that's best experienced by having someone explain it to you in a video rather than through actually playing the game). This is a good opportunity to replay it and remember how it feels, since it's been years since I played it last.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:18:20 pm by Parsely »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: April 03, 2018, 04:42:15 pm »

You can buy both of the metro remakes on steam for under 8 dollars if that interests any of you.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: April 03, 2018, 06:47:26 pm »

It's worth the playthrough if free, IMO.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: April 05, 2018, 12:39:04 pm »

Posting this here as well as the Free game list:

Crusader Kings II is free in Steam for a limited time. Additionally, all DLC except Jade Dragon are 50 % off (Jade Dragon's only 33 % off)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: April 05, 2018, 02:26:24 pm »

To note, that's not a free weekend of CKII, but a free, permanent copy of the game so long as you claim it within the next two days. (minus DLC of course)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: April 13, 2018, 01:54:25 pm »

Middle Earth: Shadow of War is on sale for 40% off. Steam reviews have some pointed comments on loot boxes and bugs, but the first one bought enough good will for me to give it a shot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: April 13, 2018, 02:18:02 pm »

I haven't seen many bugs in SoW since I bought it at release, and the loot boxes will be going away sometime in the next couple months.

40% seems like a pretty decent price for a big name 2017 release.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: April 13, 2018, 02:27:16 pm »

Unless the game gets rebalanced when the loot boxes are removed, I'd have some second thoughts. According to some people I follow, the endgame includes

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: April 13, 2018, 03:35:23 pm »

Wait for the lootboxes to go away and see what happens. You could also cheatengine things.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: April 13, 2018, 09:05:32 pm »

What Mephisto's referring to is the "Shadow Wars" a series of difficult sieges that take place after the end of the story, to get the 'real' ending. These are very difficult and very taxing on your supply of orcs, which can make it very grindy (since losing means you have to replace your orcs and level them up again). I'm not against the idea of some structured end-game content that's a little grindy in an open-world game like this, but it really does sound like it was primarily implemented to encourage people to purchase loot boxes since it's ridiculously time consuming to beat otherwise. I haven't played it myself, but I have a couple friends who love the game and do things like 100% Assassin's Creed games, and they gave up on it.

To clarify: They HAVE stated that these will be "re-worked" with the removal of loot boxes. There's no details on what this means exactly, but I do suspect that means they'll make it easier to beat since it was balanced so you have to buy loot boxes in the first place.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: April 18, 2018, 03:22:01 pm »

Digital edition of Talisman is free for a couple more hours as of this post on the Google app store if anyone wants to grab that, no idea how it compares to the PC version or the traditional one at that.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14999 on: April 18, 2018, 05:31:03 pm »

Got it a couple days ago. It's pretty decent in my use, though the RNG can be a bit too much at times.

There's a lot of IAP, but I didn't find the game lacking without them.
Can't say what the ads are like (if there are any), since I regularly remove internet access from apps before their first run.
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1134