Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453255 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14596 on: July 11, 2017, 07:27:10 pm »

I mean, they ARE elves.

What do the other races look like when they reload?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: July 11, 2017, 07:33:31 pm »

I mean, they ARE elves.

Like races that aren't asking to be slaughtered because they're stuck up, perverted, arrogant, hippie, perfect, wastes of oxygen.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: July 11, 2017, 07:39:46 pm »

I mean, they ARE elves.

Like races that aren't asking to be slaughtered because they're stuck up, perverted, arrogant, hippie, perfect, wastes of oxygen.

Now that is some real Elf hate, a true mark of a real Bay12er.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: July 11, 2017, 07:50:02 pm »

I mean, Elves are almost always the most boring fantasy race.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: July 12, 2017, 06:23:41 am »

Can I just say it's interesting to consider perfect someone that's a stuck up, perverted, arrogant, hippie waste of oxygen? 'Cause I feel like I've came in this morning and learned something of umi's fetishes I'm not entirely sure I wanted to know :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: July 12, 2017, 01:39:11 pm »

Can I just say it's interesting to consider perfect someone that's a stuck up, perverted, arrogant, hippie waste of oxygen? 'Cause I feel like I've came in this morning and learned something of umi's fetishes I'm not entirely sure I wanted to know :V

... Wow. You made me go back and read that post with a more discerning eye. And you're right, that is interesting. Almost as interesting as the way a single misplaced comma can completely change the meaning of a sentence.  :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: July 12, 2017, 02:04:48 pm »

Not the Elves' fault.  Writers tend to make people of *insert traditional fantasy races here* have the same traits/personalities.  Is super lazy world building.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: July 12, 2017, 03:08:43 pm »

Not the Elves' fault.  Writers tend to make people of *insert traditional fantasy races here* have the same traits/personalities.  Is super lazy world building.
To be perfectly fair, there's a reason for that. Writers want to rely on tropes because tropes are easily recognizable by the general populace. You can say "dwarf," for instance, and know that you probably don't have to explain the ins and outs, as most people will automatically think, "short, stocky, hairy people with a proficiency for smithing and mining."

Attempting to utilize one of these classic fantasy races while changing the details will inevitably result in incurring "Our ____ Are Different"  which in some people's eyes is even worse because it looks like you're pretending to be original when you're still relying on old ideas.

In short, it's impossible to be truly original, and you can't please everyone, so it's not surprising that a lot of writers utilize tropes to make whatever world they're building easier for people to understand and get into.

Sorry if I'm contributing to thread derailing. I'm just a budding writer (feeling self-conscious about his own use of tropes) wanting to put in his two cents.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: July 12, 2017, 04:33:51 pm »

I mean, they ARE elves.

I assume they reload while being not elves.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: July 12, 2017, 05:00:26 pm »

Looking at a fairly decent Capcom bundle over at HumbleBundle. Beating the average gives HD remasters of Resident Evils 1 and 0, plus RE6. $12+ gets you Dead Rising 2 and 3. $1 gets you Umbrella Corps, but I hear that's total shit, along with Strider and the Devil May Cry reboot(I own both, but never played).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: July 12, 2017, 05:46:37 pm »

RE6 is total shit too though to be fair. If you have a friend to play it with it's tolerable, but solo? No. I can recommend the REMaster and DR3, though. Zero I haven't played in forever, I wasn't really a fan of DR2 though it wasn't exactly bad (I just preferred DR1, and then later the convenience factors added in DR3) and I haven't played the others so I can't comment on if they play like crap, but I'm not a fan of DmC regardless.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 05:48:10 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: July 14, 2017, 11:26:32 am »

Jotun: Valhalla Edition is free on GoG right now. I heard good things about that, might have some fun slaying giants.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: July 14, 2017, 11:54:12 am »

Jotun: Valhalla Edition is free on GoG right now. I heard good things about that, might have some fun slaying giants.

GOG reviews says otherwise.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: July 14, 2017, 11:57:56 am »

Also free on steam.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1134