Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456241 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14445 on: June 21, 2017, 07:48:45 am »

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/21/steam-summer-sale-2017-date/

Prepare your wallet, its that time of the year again.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: June 22, 2017, 01:43:25 am »

Not as great as it could be. Boycott Paradox Interactive time? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZovoxAZPsY

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14447 on: June 22, 2017, 01:54:33 am »

Not as great as it could be. Boycott Paradox Interactive time? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jZovoxAZPsY
I don't know about a boycott but I know it has seriously made me lose faith in the company. They've just really gone to shit this past year.

Seriously, who raises prices on 5 year old games? By 40%?!

What a bunch of wankers. Do they really think my fellow Canadians will look at CK2's dlc list now and go, "Man I'd love to pay $400 for this game." It's even worse for Russians and South Americans.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: June 22, 2017, 02:30:06 am »

I'm Russian, but I don't care about the price. I do care about recent DLC's quality decrease, tho.

- Mandate of Heaven is focused on China, Japan, and Asia in general, but that's not what I want. Especially after that combat width penalty removal update, which pretty much destroys a line between "too hard" or "too easy" between minors and majors, respectively. Oh, and the patch also destroys any reason to play nations like Switzerland or Tibet.
- Third Rome "enhances" experience for playing Mother Russia by giving it broken Streltzy (free soldiers), Siberian Frontier (automatic colonization of uncivilized lands with reduced revolt bonus to the colonies), and some flavor events. Also, AI Russia became hilariously OP from what I've seen.
- HOI4 and Stellaris are both crap in their own ways. I don't even need to play them to know why they're crap.
- Monks and Mystics was promising, but it's still broken. Shame, because I kinda like the base mechanics.

Oh, and Paradox forums are full of blind loyalists, who downvote everyone who said anything vaguely anti-Paradox. I know that this is turning into a rant, but it seems that I'll spend my next gaming decade by playing only Dwarf Fortress, old games I already have, and occasionally new indie titles, which isn't a bad thing at all, tho.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: June 22, 2017, 05:50:54 am »

Oh boy. I am glad that I grabbed Monks & Mystics when I did, but I shouldn't have to be.

For the record, the base CK2 game went from R$69,99 to R$105,99.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: June 22, 2017, 06:01:57 am »

In my country, it went from 700 RUB (the cost of AAA games on PC before financial fuck-up) to 1400 RUB (add 600 RUB and you got current standard price for an AAA game in Russia). Funnily enough, Stellaris costs 1200 rubles despite being 1 year old, and HOI4, which is also 1 year old, costs 1400 rubles.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: June 22, 2017, 06:04:35 am »

In my country, it went from 700 RUB (the cost of AAA games on PC before financial fuck-up) to 1400 RUB (add 600 RUB and you got current standard price for an AAA game in Russia). Funnily enough, Stellaris costs 1200 rubles despite being 1 year old, and HOI4, which is also 1 year old, costs 1400 rubles.
Wow, yeah, that's absolute bullshit. It's more than twice the original price despite being an old game. I guess Paradox just got shifted over to my "Sales Only" list.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: June 22, 2017, 07:20:13 am »

Seriously, who raises prices on 5 year old games? By 40%?!

40%? Cute. Try 72%. Granted it's been higher in the past but they increased it from $60 about a day ago.

Let me just edit in a quick "Holy shit!" right here.
https://www.steamprices.com/us/bundle/353/civilization-vi-steam-controller-bundle

I'll let you work through that on your own.

Hint: Go to the bundle's Steam page and work things through.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:26:31 am by Mephisto »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14453 on: June 22, 2017, 10:04:11 am »

I think just as, if not more disturbing, is that literally every steam discount that GalCiv3's had for the last year, was accompanied by a price hike for only the duration of the sale.

So it begs the question (excluding companies that don't actually end up making the final price higher *with* the discount, which is just straight fraud):
Which is worse? Companies that game the discount % to try and look like better deals, or Valve/Steam for allowing this gaming?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: June 22, 2017, 12:15:29 pm »

Is there some kind of joke? On top of all the price fuckery, only two things on my wishlist are actually on sale, and a bunch of titles I was watching for other people aren't on sale either.

Did they put up the banner early or is this "sale" really that awful?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: June 22, 2017, 12:17:29 pm »

Your wishlist, and the site in general, probably aren't working properly. When the sale first launches the servers are seriously overloaded and a lot of stuff doesn't display the way it should. Give it a few hours, then check back.

Edit - Yeah, I can't even connect to the site right now, so it's definitely suffering under the stress. Until you can access it with little to no lag, don't trust any of the sale displays, as they could be lagging behind.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:20:10 pm by Nighthawk »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: June 22, 2017, 12:26:32 pm »

Is there some kind of joke? On top of all the price fuckery, only two things on my wishlist are actually on sale, and a bunch of titles I was watching for other people aren't on sale either.

Did they put up the banner early or is this "sale" really that awful?
My wishlist never works properly the first few hours of the sale. Just wait for the initial rush to end and it'll be fine.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: June 22, 2017, 01:18:15 pm »

Heh, Now stuff that was on sale isn't, but Streets of Rogue when half-off so I'm cool with it.

I've never actually been around for the first few minutes of a sale, thanks for the heads up guys.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: June 22, 2017, 01:35:15 pm »

Y'know, Steam does this every year, why the hell don't they take some of those millions upon millions of dollars they earn and use a bit to improve their infrastructure so the store doesn't fail every major sale?  I mean it can't even decide what is actually on sale yet, this is not a good way to inspire confidence in their platform.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:03 pm »

Y'know, Steam does this every year, why the hell don't they take some of those millions upon millions of dollars they earn and use a bit to improve their infrastructure so the store doesn't fail every major sale?  I mean it can't even decide what is actually on sale yet, this is not a good way to inspire confidence in their platform.

Lol, we're a little past that. Steam is the pre-eminent online distribution platform for video games, not to mention its increasingly popular modding and community aspects.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 1134