Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455927 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14295 on: April 14, 2017, 09:05:27 am »

Someone is asking for sales?

A bunch of D&D stuff, if you happened to not already own it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14296 on: April 14, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »

Hrg. Stronghold, dark sun. Tempting, but I'm broke enough even 60% off isn't enough to tempt me :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14297 on: April 14, 2017, 07:37:43 pm »

Personally, I'd call the Gold Box set (collection #2) much more of a value for the money than the rest there.
But that's coming from someone that grew up with some of them, so I've got a good bit of bias there.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14298 on: April 18, 2017, 08:32:16 pm »

Starcraft and Starcraft Brood War are free right now: https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

I can confirm multiplayer still works, which blows my mind.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14299 on: April 18, 2017, 09:40:53 pm »

The latest humble bundle, the Humble Wild Frontier Bundle, has some... interesting things in it. The pay-anything titles don't look super great (to me, anyway), but there are a couple of interesting turn-based games in the above-the-average slot, and if you pay $13 or above, you get Slime Rancher, which I have heard only good things about. I might pick it up just for that.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14300 on: April 18, 2017, 09:46:52 pm »

Subnautica is half off for a few days.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14301 on: April 20, 2017, 09:28:02 am »

Saints Row 2 is free on GOG, who are also running a Deep Silver sale.

Tangential, but GOG now accepts BRL, which makes me quite happy,
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14302 on: April 20, 2017, 03:24:26 pm »

Saints Row 2 is free on GOG, who are also running a Deep Silver sale.

Tangential, but GOG now accepts BRL, which makes me quite happy,
SR2 is free on steam as well btw.

And by "now accepts BRL" do you mean paying by boleto? If so, that's really damn nice for people without a CC like me

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14303 on: April 20, 2017, 03:33:14 pm »

The Steam SR2 is temporary as far as I can tell.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14304 on: April 20, 2017, 03:45:17 pm »

And by "now accepts BRL" do you mean paying by boleto? If so, that's really damn nice for people without a CC like me
Both, I think.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14305 on: April 20, 2017, 10:32:33 pm »

Nyan Cat: Lost In Space is half-price 'til the 24th.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14306 on: April 21, 2017, 03:20:56 pm »

The Steam SR2 is temporary as far as I can tell.

It's a limited time offer, but the game is permanently in your library (I just clicked Install and just canceled right after without installing it and got it). The other kind of temporary usually says "N days remaining".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14307 on: April 21, 2017, 08:48:34 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/563560/

Alien Swarm. Except with more content, 8 player coop, single player with bots, PVP, & modding support through the Workshop. And it's free.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #14308 on: April 21, 2017, 08:55:35 pm »

The latest humble bundle, the Humble Wild Frontier Bundle, has some... interesting things in it. The pay-anything titles don't look super great (to me, anyway), but there are a couple of interesting turn-based games in the above-the-average slot, and if you pay $13 or above, you get Slime Rancher, which I have heard only good things about. I might pick it up just for that.

I picked it up mostly to check out Ice Lakes lol. Ice Lakes is pretty good for what it is. Not something that appeals to everyone (or me really...) but I got my $1 worth. I imagine it would be more fun with a VR setup, as jigging for fish in an ice hole isn't entertaining for long with a mouse.

Frontiers is... interesting. If it ever gets finished it could be amazing, but as-is it's still very EA and very unfinished - I would call it more an alpha than a beta. Still being actively developed, but small team and grand scale means slow development. It's been in development for years and still doesn't have anywhere near all the features planned implemented. The fast travel system is nice, you can make your own fast travel routes and doing fast travel just makes you run along the route with time sped up. It's kind of exciting at the start before you start realizing how unfinished it still is - the lore is interesting and the features it introduces are pretty cool, but the actual content is still lacking. For instance, there's an archaeology skill line where you can recover artifact shards and reassemble them and stuff. The NPC goes on about buying them from you and stuff and teaches you the starter skill. Then despite finding shards there doesn't seem to be a way to actually get the toolkit needed to rebuild them, and the NPC doesn't talk to you anymore so even if I did rebuild them I expect I wouldn't be able to sell them other than as vendor junk and then every npc would buy it for the same. And I have yet to find an npc that talks to you out of the starting town...
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14309 on: April 21, 2017, 09:07:19 pm »

N (ninja) is a classic flash game platformer from the mid 2000's.  It's like Super Meat Boy, in that I hated it with an almost painful passion.  It's amazingly frustrating.  But it's not BS like IWTBTG, and the controls are tight, and it felt SO good to clear a level.  I feel like it's a lot more fair than Super Meat Boy, which always felt incredibly slippery and hid stuff off screen.

Still, this game is why I immediately understood the idea of "kismesis" when Hussie "invented" it.  It's a passionate, ecstatic hate.

Anyway, there's a remastered version which I didn't know about.  It's $7 for 38 more hours.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230270

The original's freeware (there's also a DS port) so I'm buying out of gratitude, but the new features look pretty cool as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/563560/

Alien Swarm. Except with more content, 8 player coop, single player with bots, PVP, & modding support through the Workshop. And it's free.

Ah good, I was hoping it'd be posted here.  I'll quote myself from the happy thread, because this is a *damn* good Valve game, especially free.
And that was before this massive update.  8 players now?  Yeesh...

Holy cow!!
And it's still free, and it claims to unlock single player on all the old maps (and new ones?) with improved bots...
Damn, my group and I used to love Alien Swarm.  I only stopped playing because my new computer had an odd glitch with it, and we'd kinda played it to death (I "reset" thrice, which does nothing but give you badges and the thrill of leveling up again).

If someone isn't familiar, it's a top-down action shooter where you control one marine in a squad of 4.  There are four classes, with two significantly different characters for each class.  Like, I usually played the "purer" medic because my group kept walking into facehuggers, but there's also a medic that's better at combat.

The engineer class is occasionally required to solve repair minigames while the squad defends them, but also has stuff like an aim-assist module on the assault rifle.  There's also a class with autocannons, and a leader class with shotguns which buffs or something.

It's also has a nifty mechanic for reloading, apparently cribbed from Gears of War, where you can reload a lot faster if you press the button at the right time.  There's a clear visual indicator, but it can be tricky since in the situations where you want a rapid reload...  you're probably dodging xenos.

Melee is also very satisfying.  Particularly on normal, or if you equip a power fist or chainsaw.  Yeah, it feels a lot like clearing a Space Hulk sometimes.  Except the characters are quippy rather than grimdark...  Usually.  I still love the pure medic's "I'LL KEEL YOU ALL" when meleeing.  That's what the bugs get for depleting my supplies hurting my friends...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1134