Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 949 950 [951] 952 953 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455331 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14250 on: April 06, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »

Steam is doing a sale for Paradox Interactive games. Considering the normal quantity of their DLC, might be nice for those who have their games.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14251 on: April 06, 2017, 06:02:48 pm »

Even on sale, Crusader King 2 expansions are ~$7 each. Too much.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #14252 on: April 08, 2017, 06:21:52 pm »

But, the base games are pretty cheap and not too bad without heaps of DLC. CKII for $10 sounds alright, then just cherry-pick whatever you need to get the GoT mod working these days.

I guess HoI4 isn't bad for $24 either. There's not a hell of a lot of DLC for it anyway, it's probably as "unfinished" in its base form as it is in its fully DLC'd up form, and there's a fair few mods available to get your money's worth out of it. Many that provide good "fixes" for the base game that are better than what any DLC will probably give you anyway, now and in the future, and are free. The Together for Victory DLC isn't really on sale (-10%), but it's not *that* necessary to have an enjoyable if somewhat stupid romp through WWII.
It's a game. Have fun.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14253 on: April 08, 2017, 06:22:56 pm »

I may consider picking this up. What are some of the 'key' mods that are recommended?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #14254 on: April 08, 2017, 06:30:03 pm »

For HoI4? Probably "Player led peace conferences" is the only really necessary one. Yes, it gives you a lot of power even in wars you barely took part in. But no matter how much silly stuff you do, it might make more sense than what the AI will do. It also stops primary belligerents and faction leaders nabbing all the good land every time, even when you did most of the work (ie: Japan in China when you pull an Aussie invasion there, Germany if you're playing well as Italy, etc).
I don't know much about the Modern World mod for it, or how far along it is or how well it works in the engine, but it might be worth a look too. Just so you can relate to just who you nuked a bit better. There's plenty of really dumb mods for HoI4, but there's quite a few good ones too (including ones that fix up AI naval actions a bit, etc).

For CKII, I can only really recommend the Game of Thrones mod. It requires a bit of DLC, but it's really well made if you're a fan of the series. There was an April Fool's Day update (that was an actual update too), so I don't know what the current DLC requirements are.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:40:32 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14255 on: April 09, 2017, 01:15:46 pm »

I have a spare key for Mirage: Arcane Warfare.

I'm not sure if the key actually works and I don't know how to verify it, but if someone wants the key just say so.

Again, I cannot guarantee if the key works or not.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14256 on: April 09, 2017, 02:34:48 pm »

Sure, I guess I can try it. If the networking's any better I might actually enjoy the magic-brawly aspect of it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14257 on: April 11, 2017, 10:24:35 pm »

https://www.humblebundle.com/intergalactic-bundle

Humble Bundles done it again with a space themed bundle this time. Sadly I own most of the games in that bundle, all except Rebel Galaxy. So if anyone gets the bundle who already owns a copy of said game...I'd be mighty grateful if you'd hook me up. If not, no biggie, that game usually goes on sale on steam and with summer coming around i expect it will again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:33:46 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14258 on: April 11, 2017, 11:12:46 pm »

Rebel Galaxy is not good. It gets boring real fast.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14259 on: April 11, 2017, 11:43:24 pm »

Rebel Galaxy is not good. It gets boring real fast.

Dang. The reviews for it were good but i just started reading deeper. One of them labeled it a babyproofed Freelancer. And, well, Freelancer was the shiznit.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14260 on: April 12, 2017, 01:45:06 am »

It's got some atmosphere and music and that is it. Gameplay is severely lacking. Stick to Freelancer or even X3.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14261 on: April 12, 2017, 02:24:14 am »

No they are not?
I remember when expansions cost the same as the base game...
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14262 on: April 12, 2017, 02:35:02 am »

No they are not?
I remember when expansions cost the same as the base game...

I remember when you had 2-3 expansions, not 6-30.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14263 on: April 12, 2017, 02:36:24 am »

And then the sims happened.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14264 on: April 12, 2017, 09:47:37 am »

I ain't paying $20-30 for spiral stairs. Especially not 10 years later.
Pages: 1 ... 949 950 [951] 952 953 ... 1134