Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454999 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14160 on: February 24, 2017, 12:13:32 am »

Looking at GOG.com, it seems like they added the adventure games "Laura Bow: At the Colonal's Bequest" and "Dagger of Amon Ra" which I can recommend if people enjoy adventure games. Both games are an investigative murder mystery where you question suspects and solve puzzles.

I can't remember about the second one but "At the Colonal's Bequest" is notable because the NPCs have time related schedules where they move around as it passes. It also has some random elements that makes subsequent playthroughs different.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: February 24, 2017, 08:15:27 am »

Can't speak much for the newer ones, though.

Ark of Napishtim is a weird 3d adventure platformer. It's been a while but I think I enjoyed it.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:00 pm »

Ys games are pretty fun, but they are generally mechanically quite simple and don't have huge indepth plots. If you want something where you learn to execute complex combos and split second parries or get invested in some 100 hour story, you aren't going to get that. If you want a lite action title where you quickly cut your way through enemies in a few seconds and engage in big boss fights with explosions and lasers, you might be into it.  Before going in you should be aware of these facts, I think, especially since they are usually quite short (Ys 1 took me 5 hours, while Origin took me around 15~). The music is also universally fantastic.

A last mention, is that the Ys games on PC right now are all the older generation ones from 2003-2006~. Oath in Felghana or Ys Origin are probably the best starting points, and unless you like Turbografix-16 extremely simple combat (you don't even have an attack button, you run into enemies), don't play the Ys I & II Chronicles games. I enjoyed them, but a lot of people are not going to.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: February 24, 2017, 10:59:40 pm »

I posted links to IndieGala in the past. I apologize for driving people to support them.

The two main payment options currently are PayPal and G2A. In case you haven't heard of G2A before, count yourself lucky.

They've got this little piece of bullshit called G2A Shield that they sign you up for without getting your consent. If they tell you, it's through the use of a dark pattern. It also costs 1 eurodollar a month.

Want to turn it off before your 30 day free trial is over? Too fucking bad. Remember to come back and turn it off manually two days before your 30 days are up or you're giving them your consent to start charging you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: February 25, 2017, 12:04:56 am »

I had heard G2A is dubious, but not secret-subscription dubious.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14165 on: March 01, 2017, 12:36:49 pm »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: March 02, 2017, 05:44:40 am »

I have most of the Arma series already except III. Then again, I'm pretty anti-social, so it's not like I'd be playing with people much.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: March 02, 2017, 10:09:58 am »

Arma bundle is great, just in case anyone is thinking about it though and doesn't know the series well: Arma 1 is pretty dated and I wasn't a big fan so I wouldn't bother going in at that tier.

Arma 2 is great, but you definitely need a solid group of friends to play it with - it's pretty much no fun alone. More than that, it's also very much a roleplaying type of game - not in terms of 'staying in character' but in terms of that there are a lot of ways you can cheese situations and stuff falls apart if you don't do what you're supposed to be doing - that's not a bad thing really, just something to keep in mind.

Just mentioning that as a lot of people think 'cool, a realistic FPS' and then get a bit turned off by it's super heavy multiplayer focus.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: March 06, 2017, 02:22:06 pm »

GOG is having a big spring sale atm.  https://www.gog.com/
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: March 06, 2017, 07:02:31 pm »

Humble has a Devolver sale.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: March 06, 2017, 08:50:40 pm »

Oh wow... not sure if I've ever bought from them, but I might pick up Gods Will Be Watching, maybe some others.

I recommend Not A Hero to everyone. It's very fun, gorgeous to look at and freakin' hilarious. It's not that long, but it takes a good amount of time to get through, at least if you try to get the best rating (or maybe I just sucked at it?).     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: March 06, 2017, 08:58:52 pm »

Oh wow... not sure if I've ever bought from them, but I might pick up Gods Will Be Watching, maybe some others.

I recommend Not A Hero to everyone. It's very fun, gorgeous to look at and freakin' hilarious. It's not that long, but it takes a good amount of time to get through, at least if you try to get the best rating (or maybe I just sucked at it?).   
Unless some of the sub-missions were actually bullshit, I sucked at it too.

Tasks like "don't get punched" were really irritating, and the difference between sliding and changing cover was mainly holding down the button - sliding by holding down the slide key would knock down (most) enemies, while merely tapping the slide key would change cover and thus get you put on your back.

Also, I never really liked Stanley. He was too slow for my taste.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: March 06, 2017, 09:11:20 pm »

Mike all the way.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: March 07, 2017, 02:01:42 am »

Aw, I missed the Devolver sale ):
They're selling Civilization 3-5 now though, $15 gets Beyond Earth with Rising Tide.
https://www.humblebundle.com/civilization-bundle
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: March 07, 2017, 08:28:38 am »

The Devolver sale is in the store, not a bundle. It's also supposed to go on all week.

Check it out.

For my part, I already own most of their games. I took this opportunity to pick up Talos and its expansion as well as Block'hood.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:30:17 am by Mephisto »
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1134