Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1460098 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1395 on: November 23, 2011, 04:24:53 pm »

I'm going to buy about 15 dollars worth of games. Any ideas as to what I should drop that on?

A possible sale on blackfriday.

See now that I've finally got my new computer I can finally start buying these games... But the possibility of a Black Friday sale makes me hesitate to grab anything now... I'll have to consider veeery carefully.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 23, 2011, 04:26:47 pm »

I'm going to buy about 15 dollars worth of games. Any ideas as to what I should drop that on?

A possible sale on blackfriday.

See now that I've finally got my new computer I can finally start buying these games... But the possibility of a Black Friday sale makes me hesitate to grab anything now... I'll have to consider veeery carefully.

Thank you, you had no intention of doing so, but reminded me that I NEED to buy a new computer and black Friday is the best time.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 23, 2011, 05:52:14 pm »

Yay I could buy Battlefield 2 at 50% off!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 23, 2011, 05:56:26 pm »

Too many games TOO MANY GAMES

EDIT: Okay, deep breath. This isn't so bad. First, all games at 50% or less discount are RIGHT OUT. There will be a better offer later OR ELSE. This goes double for new games since a reduction down from $80 to $40 isn't very attractive. I'll buy it next year when it's at $15 or less, AND at a 66%-75% discount :D
Then, some games I simply don't give a crap about. Some are only worth it if you buy the ENTIRE DLC bundle, which I'm not too willing to do.
So, that leaves me with, I guess, Portal 2, maybe that Test Drive game (need to read more on that... only if it has free driving. I love games with roaming). Now I have to check all the small indy games to see which ones are worth it (really cheap games may break the 50% discount rule).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:22:12 pm by Sergius »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 23, 2011, 05:58:59 pm »

My reaction exactly.

I'm glad I don't have money to really spend on games right now. Because I would lose that instantly.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 23, 2011, 06:40:28 pm »

My reaction exactly.

This. I haven't even installed half my Halloween sale games, and I've bought two Indie Bundles since then. And with the school the way it is I don't be able to play much until after exams...which will be the Christmas sale.

Why must you tempt me with so many cheap games D:

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1401 on: November 23, 2011, 09:02:31 pm »

Ah, lovely, Portal 2 is at a decent price, and I can't afford to get it right now. >:(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 23, 2011, 09:24:06 pm »

Ah, lovely, Portal 2 is at a decent price, and I can't afford to get it right now. >:(
I'm sorry  :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 23, 2011, 10:09:27 pm »

L4D is also on sale, but I get the impression that the fun is in multiplayer, and I can't rely on my friends to get together so I'm wary of getting it...  Mount and Blade: Warband is also 60% off and you should get that.  Get it.  Getitgetitgetit!

L4D is quite worth it even if you end up playing random pickups.  At least in the co-op campaigns, there's a pretty high willingness to work together relative to other shooters.  And the way I look at it, I'm not likely going to get to choose my companions for the zombie apocalypse either.  XD

I'd get the second one, though, they've ported all of the original campaigns over at this point.

KG

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 23, 2011, 10:26:10 pm »

Decent lineup so far, think I'll get Orcs Must Die. Going to hold off on anything else, I'm pretty sure there will be better options on the daily deals and I'll just snag any "must have" deals from that. I'm not too impressed with most of the non-daily deal price cuts to be honest, but there's a few good ones.

Any opinions on the oddbox games? I've heard before that they were poorly emulated or some such, but that was awhile ago. Has it gotten any better? I've never played any of the games but I've been wanting to for literally years.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 23, 2011, 10:39:49 pm »

I'd say wait until black friday.
Steam will have a massive amount of sale on that day, I bet. You could probably buy an equivalent of a game store for less than 200 bucks.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 24, 2011, 02:10:13 am »

If it's not at 75% off I wouldn't get it yet. (And even then I usually won't get things unless they drop to $5 or less, except for just a few games)

On that note: Is there any reason to get Arkham Asylum (not Arkham City, I still haven't played the first one) on the PC instead of the XBox 360 (the version with everything in it) if I happen to see it somewhere for $5 for the 360? Of course if it does show up for $5 on Steam I'll likely get it there, no running to a store needed or anything.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:15:19 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 24, 2011, 03:23:49 am »

Slight bias considering I haven't played it on the PC, but I can vouch for Arkham Asylum working out perfectly on console. I've heard it might look slightly better on PC as things tend to do, but in this case it isn't really much of a deal breaker as it looks quite good on console anyway. I've also heard the controls weren't so great on keyboard as well but I can't vouch for the validity of that one, though I could imagine why it might be so.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 24, 2011, 11:17:09 am »

Slight bias considering I haven't played it on the PC, but I can vouch for Arkham Asylum working out perfectly on console. I've heard it might look slightly better on PC as things tend to do, but in this case it isn't really much of a deal breaker as it looks quite good on console anyway. I've also heard the controls weren't so great on keyboard as well but I can't vouch for the validity of that one, though I could imagine why it might be so.
Good but can you buy it on the console through steam? No? Well this is useless then.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 24, 2011, 11:48:17 am »

Good but can you buy it on the console through steam? No? Well this is useless then.

Might be able to for the ps3....
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1134