Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454226 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13755 on: November 16, 2016, 09:47:34 pm »

No reason you can't have both.

But what if Stellaris gets jealous and breaks up with you?
Never happen.

OT3 for lyfe
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: November 16, 2016, 09:57:51 pm »

I think it's more likely that Distant Worlds will kill you out of jealousy then keep your preserved head by his bedside.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: November 16, 2016, 11:14:20 pm »

No reason you can't have both.

But what if Stellaris gets jealous and breaks up with you?

Stellaris still needs to get its shit together, so that's okay. Come back when you're older, Stellaris. I will not rob the cradle.
At this point I'm just patiently waiting in the bedroom while she does her hair.

LoL more like she went straight out of the bathroom and looking at me in the eyes said - "no bjs till I'm fifty"
It's like you met this girl on a dating site and you two seemed to hit it off really well. From her pictures she looked super fit and she seemed to carry herself off well. Not to mention you got to talk to her friends and they made you think she was great. When you decide to meet however, turns out she doesn't have money for the cab fare to get there so after some hesitation you decide to just pay for that.

She arrives. She looks pretty but she's shallow and extremely materialistic. You get the feeling she's not all there. She's fun to be with at first, but soon you realize two things. One, she seems to be just repeating what people have said before. Two, she's actually only 14-years-old. You were just completely bedazzled initially by her looks to notice.

So after an awkward first conta- meeting, you finally drop her back off at her place. You're feeling a bit regretful at the whole affair and kinda want your cab fare back (along with the other expenses she managed to accrue along the way). The door opens and 'lo and behold. Her dad is there. It's motherfucking Crusader Kings II. He's shirtless, abs glistening with sweat like he just finished another exhilarating workout. Hair parted in that perfect way that accentuates his perfect face. his eyes brimming with the spark and wisdom of age. He smiles a bit at you, knowingly with a dash of smugness that comes across as just beautiful in every way. There are a few scars on his chest which mark the signs of his intense battle to get to where he is. His hand decorated with the blood of the heathen. His magnificent DEUS VULT under the towel that he greets you in, huge in size and bursting with... DLC.

You take another look at Stellaris. She eyes you coquettishly, though you can't help but remind yourself how young she is, especially when compared to her father.

You realize what she might be when she becomes an adult, her pedigree might take her far.

But for now, you toss Stellaris into the bushes and jump into the arms of Crusader Kings II.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: November 16, 2016, 11:31:59 pm »

I'd ask how much, but after all that it just seems inappropriate.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: November 16, 2016, 11:35:16 pm »

Civ 6 has shown what a release can be without DLC. Its AI is bad but much of the framework is at least there, unlike Civ 5. Although 6 is mostly just a rerelease of 5 with a few things extra. Some good things. Some good tweaks. But mostly 5 with DLC. Stellaris could have been a bit more without DLC but ah well. Paradox....

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: November 17, 2016, 12:52:08 am »

Stellaris gets a tiny bit of credit for costing 40 USD on release instead of 60.  Not a huge amount, but enough to be worth a mention.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: November 17, 2016, 03:46:05 am »

This game that I apparently added to my wishlist at some point, Salvation Prophecy, is on sale at 90% off. That's two dollars!

By all accounts (well, the ones I bothered reading) it's a simple-but-enjoyable space romp with both ship-based and ground combat. Looks like it's probably too pretty to run on my machine (and I don't have money to throw away at the moment anyway), but I figured I'd give y'all the recommendation. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: November 17, 2016, 12:37:02 pm »

I enjoyed salvation prophecy.  I tend to not really care (or be very good at) games with ship combat like that, but somehow I thought it was fun.  For 2 dollars I'd totally go for it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13763 on: November 17, 2016, 02:11:56 pm »

I got it, so I'm hoping the ship combat is enjoyable (if it's reminiscent of Colony Wars I'll be good to go). Even if it's not, eh, it's two bucks, so whatever. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13764 on: November 17, 2016, 08:16:08 pm »

Chroma Squad is pay what you want on IndieGameStand. Tactical RPG with a story basically about being the Power Ranger actors :)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13765 on: November 17, 2016, 10:38:32 pm »

Chroma Squad is pay what you want on IndieGameStand. Tactical RPG with a story basically about being the Power Ranger actors :)
Oh man I've wanted that for ages!
Not sure what IndieGameStand is, though. I'll have to try and work it out.

Edit: Figured it out successfully, bought the game along with its soundtrack and extras. Wheee!
Bit annoying having to go to the extra effort of checking my email to log in, but oh well.

I feel weird requesting it as a Steam key... not so long ago I was rabidly anti-Steam, now I find myself preferring to do everything through it.
I've been successfully brainwashed, I guess. :-\

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, Anvilfolk! As I said before, I've been meaning to get Chroma Squad for quite a while.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:14:08 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13766 on: November 18, 2016, 12:40:45 am »

Yeah, IndieGameStand are a legit outfit :) Gotten a few cool things from them! And Steam is fine. I've got like 600 games on there and never had a problem! I just really really hope it never goes out of business....

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13767 on: November 18, 2016, 07:27:19 pm »

For anyone that goes the DRM-free route with Chroma Squad, be aware that it's broken out of the box.
I've managed to dig up a post related to fixing it though: http://www.chromasquad.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=852

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: November 18, 2016, 07:41:51 pm »

I know its not currently on sale (at least on Steam)

But Mad Max goes on sale every "holiday" sale. Which thanksgiving sales should be coming up really soon. Plus I've seen my other wish list games go on sale a lot too during the big sales.

Would Mad Max be worth getting for someone who loved fallout 2/3/NV, but didn't like Fallout 4 at all? I know they are different games, but I've watched some videos and Mad Max looks like a huge open world similar to Just Cause 2/3. And looks really fun. Doesn't look (maybe it is, but I just watched only a few videos) as complicated as say Fallout is. 

But looks way more fun than FO4. But, is that pretty accurate that its kinda like Just Cause 2/3, or are they rather different kind of games? I loved Just Cause 2, and Just Cause 3 was pretty fun too. But Mad Max game world looks amazing.

The other game that goes on sale a lot, but I've never got it. Is Kingdom of Amalur. Is that game pretty good and worth buying? I've heard later in the game it kinda craps out, thats been my only worry with it.

Finally, the other game on my list is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. No idea how that is, but I love pirate-themed kinda stuff and ship battles. And the game world looks really immersive and epic too, like Mad Max. Is that worth getting at all? Or are there other Assassin's Creeds with better made game worlds?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: November 18, 2016, 07:58:44 pm »

I enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur, but I only played through it twice. If it's cheap I would consider picking it up on Steam.

AC4 was better than AC3, and I was interested enough to do most of the content, but I don't know if I would recommend it unless you've already played an AC game and like how they play. I did think the story - when it focused on Edward and the other pirates, and not Assassins vs Templars - was quite good.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1134