Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454076 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13710 on: October 22, 2016, 11:20:25 pm »

The controls kinda have to be as "numerous" as they are, at least in 2. By the way, 2 was free awhile back on gog. No clue when they'll do that again.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: October 23, 2016, 11:17:54 pm »

Please explain how a game where you push one button is amazing. There are plenty of awesome free stick figure animations out there. Why pay for one you advance by pressing a button?

This video is somewhat relevant. Marginally, even.
Oh gods that was actually friggin' hilarious. I might even watch it more than once.
Never played the game that inspired the review it was based off and I don't have plans to, but oh well. Still funny. :))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: October 24, 2016, 03:10:36 am »

Please explain how a game where you push one button is amazing. There are plenty of awesome free stick figure animations out there. Why pay for one you advance by pressing a button?

This video is somewhat relevant. Marginally, even.
Oh gods that was actually friggin' hilarious. I might even watch it more than once.
Never played the game that inspired the review it was based off and I don't have plans to, but oh well. Still funny. :))   
The game itself is like... a minute long and yeah, all you do is hit spacebar.

Basically the voice actor for that game saw that comment and made a flash animation. Someone else made it super dramatic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: October 24, 2016, 09:06:54 am »

I think it's worth it for 0 dollars (;  You need to have flash, though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: October 24, 2016, 09:45:08 am »

Now now, not quite zero dollars. You still have electricity and bandwidth, as well as whatever the cost equivalent for the fraction of the hardware's lifetime the time spent playing it takes up. Depreciation, man. Something along those lines, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: October 24, 2016, 12:15:50 pm »

And there's also the time that you spend playing it, which you could be using to make money.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: October 24, 2016, 08:23:13 pm »

> And there's also the time that you spend playing it, which you could be using to make money play something you actually like.

FTFY
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: October 28, 2016, 01:05:58 pm »

Steam Halloween sale is up.  I think I'll pick up Sproggiwood, ROD and Odallus: The Dark Call despite the fact that I can't stop playing Civ 6.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: October 29, 2016, 04:26:53 pm »

The first four FNAF games are 50% off on Steam, so I'm going to pick them up and play for the first time.

Any other recommended spooky/scary games from this sale?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: October 29, 2016, 04:50:38 pm »

I have to admit, most of the stuff in the Halloween sale don't really interest me if I don't already have it. Although I did pick up The Walking Dead Season 2, and the 400 Days DLC for Season 1 for less than I buy lunch for.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: October 30, 2016, 03:59:03 am »

Invisible Inc. is 70% off.
Any opinions on that? I've seen both claims that it has no replayability and people with hundreds of hours in it on Steam.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: October 30, 2016, 04:35:39 am »

Invisible Inc. is 70% off.
Any opinions on that? I've seen both claims that it has no replayability and people with hundreds of hours in it on Steam.

Played it once, enjoyed it, lost all motivation of ever playing it again. There's just enough annoyance factor there to keep me from ever wanting to put up with the hassle twice.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: October 30, 2016, 05:50:44 am »

It's quite replayable. Procedural generation, dynamic campaign...  poor man's XCOM2, in a way (except it's more of a stealth game). Better than XCOM2 in some regards, worse in others.

I think you wont regret having it in.  Then again I like that kind of games.

For the record, I  never went for the challenge modes and stick to "easy" alarm stages. Game's challenging enough at it's base. But you can tune the difficulty up or down as you want
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:22 am »

It's almost over but Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension is having a free weekend. I totally missed it until today. I've had my eye on the series for a while so I'm keen to try it out. It's also on sale for 20% off.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13724 on: November 02, 2016, 12:20:55 pm »

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/indie-legends-5-bundle

Grey Goo Definitive Edition
From The Depths

Plus a bunch of other stuff that I think was generally well received (?) for $3.50.

Bundlestars is a good place.
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1134